Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player help, cant create charecter....:(

djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677

So I got everything up and running with the game, the reason I didnt post this on the official forums is ive tried linking my trial account to the forums with no luck not sure whats up with that. So I log in game and goto create a char spent about 30 minutes at least looking over everything. Figure out what I want and get to the starting city and name/surname entering. Ive tried several diffrent names now and diffrent start locations but whenever I push "Save" or "Enter Game'" nothing happens click click click still nothing. Can anyone help me figure out what could be wrong with this so I can check out this game. Thanks.

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

I've only run into that problem once, which turned out to be unfortunate timing in that the server was taken offline while I was in the process of making my character, so it would not create.

Once the server was back up, I was able to make the character without issue.  I know they were implementing a new patch today, so that might have been the problem depending on the time you were working on your character.  Give it another shot.

Other than that, it might just be a delay in them processing your order if you just made the account.

I'll take a look around and see if anyone else has been having that problem recently, and if there are any other suggestions available.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677

Thanks alot for the quick response to my question. Ive already got the new patch that was put out today, it patched thru fine and everything so I take it the servers are up? I keep checking back thru the hour and see if you can find anything out, so I can log in and play finally. With the main sandbox games being this, Darkfall, and Ultima Online this is the only one I havent tried mainly.

Just checked, the server is up right now.

Good to go! Relogging for some reason helped I guess? Anyways im a Thursar-Kurite by the name of Gorick, if I enjoy the game ill be picking it up. Another question hows magic in the game? is the magic system working well. Off to play.

Originally posted by djnexus

Good to go! Relogging for some reason helped I guess? Anyways im a Thursar-Kurite by the name of Gorick, if I enjoy the game ill be picking it up. Another question hows magic in the game? is the magic system working well. Off to play.

Magic is very basic still.  Currently, there's only one full school, Ecumenical.  It works, though I think it still needs to be improved overall (both graphically and functionally).  I believe there are 13 magic schools planned for the game eventually.

Magic, along with the GUI and overall AI, are the next things they will be focusing on after Dawn, so look for improvements to those systems in the near future.

Anyway, glad to hear you were able to get in-game.

Originally posted by Rohn

Magic is very basic still.  Currently, there's only one full school, Ecumenical.  It works, though I think it still needs to be improved overall (both graphically and functionally).  I believe there are 13 magic schools planned for the game eventually.

Magic, along with the GUI and overall AI, are the next things they will be focusing on after Dawn, so look for improvements to those systems in the near future.

Yes and it looks really nice cranked up to max with all the bells and whistles.

Originally posted by Rohn

Yes and it looks really nice cranked up to max with all the bells and whistles.

Though you'll likely find a few graphically rough patches still, overall I agree with you - the game has a really nice look to it.  The GUI could definitely use a facelift, though.

• HooahHooah Member Posts: 17

So are the servers down now? Because thats what its doing to me, on a free trial and i get to the end of character creation and nothing happens when i click save or enter game

The server is currently up, and to my knowledge have not been down recently.

Could just have been a glitch.  I'd recommend restarting the client, and giving it another shot.

• HooahHooah Member Posts: 17

ya i dont know ill try tomorrow, at least i didnt pay for the game to start out with