Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoT good idea. Bad pricing scheme and customer support.

MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
Think I'm done with this game after today's incedent. I'm chat banned for 2 weeks (first offense) for calling a teammate "an idiot who needs to learn how to play" after he pulled up behind me and shot me from behind. I was tracked and the enemy team turned me into swiss cheese. I protested their heavy handed punishment to no avail. I was told that there was nothing they could do after reviewing the logs. So for 2 weeks I can't even speak to my clan mates or even ping the map. I'm a premium customer and I have purchase lots of gold. I could understand a 24 hour ban from public chat, but 2 weeks from all forms of communication in game? Just because I lost my temper for a few seconds and said something that is said in every other mmo with no punishment.

That's not my only gripe. The pricing of items is outrageous. I have to pay $2 just to buy premium ammo for one round on my tank. If I don't buy premium, I don't penetrate most tanks. The premium consumables and tanks are even worse. The lowe price increase is clearly an attempt to gouge people for a popular item.

Comments

• jihashijihashi Member Posts: 136

You forgot to add in that after tier five, the matches are horribly imbalanced. I will also agree that their customer support is a joke. For example, if you have negative rep on the forums, the devs won't even look twice at your complaint, let alone check their "logs" in regards to what went on in game. I will agree that their "fair" anti-TK compensation system needs tweaks...ALOT of tweaks. I don't know how many times I've lost money because some moron ran into me because he insists on driving in 1st person. It's a nuisance to say the least.

What's even worse than that, was their fraudulent entry into the Guiness Book of World records, where they claimed to have the most people logged into a free to play server at one time. That set of numbers that shows 9-12k+ people? That's not real players, that's tank crews. If you want to know how many people are really online (and a rough estimate at that), divide the total number of tanks by 5 (assuming everyone has all five of their free slots filled), and you got the actual numbers. If anyone thinks I'm BSing on this, just wait until my questions posed to the developers comes back. I'm sure it will be a rude awakening for everyone.

Either way, your better off looking elsewhere if you want a good game. I will agree further that WoT WAS a good idea, but it's to bad that Big World just isn't up to the task of ensuring that they keep their customers happy.

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

A bit hash on the chat ban thing but, oh well...

Anyway the real reason I'm posting is to point out, It cost 10 gold for one gold round that's like 18 cents not 2 dollars.

And that is using 1250 gold for $6.95 (1.798561151079137 cents per gold)

• glofishglofish Member UncommonPosts: 346

To the OP yeah yeah - if you actually posted the chat log we would see you must have went way overboard.

The company has absolutely no interest in banning people, they only do it when you are a troublemaker. I love it when they ban troublmakers.

Even your post reeks of entitlement - if you don't want to pay don't do it - this game is one of the few that allows you to overcome just about any advantage a paying customer might have - so there - yet can play for free. If you don't want to pay don't buy antyhing there is plenty of fun to have either way.

• comicazecomicaze Member Posts: 147

Originally posted by glofish

To the OP yeah yeah - if you actually posted the chat log we would see you must have went way overboard.

The company has absolutely no interest in banning people, they only do it when you are a troublemaker. I love it when they ban troublmakers.

Even your post reeks of entitlement - if you don't want to pay don't do it - this game is one of the few that allows you to overcome just about any advantage a paying customer might have - so there - yet can play for free. If you don't want to pay don't buy antyhing there is plenty of fun to have either way.

I am swearing a lot in the battle chat. And "idiots" addressed to the teammates probably would be the most modest. Yet to be banned or even warned.

As for the premium ammo, the only gun in the game which justifies the gold shells in random battles is konisch. Other than that it's just waste of money, better learn how to play better.

• phrankphrank Member Posts: 238

Well OP here is one for you to add to your list of stupid things to do:

Did you all know that a family can get banned for using the same computer or at least IP address? Yes it is true, a friend and his 2 sons have 2 computers that they use for gaming and one IP from their broadband provider. Gee anyone ever heard of NAT through a router?

Anyway back on subject, he and his sons accounts received a ban for a week from WG for alt accounts!! Yep alt accounts.

Funny thing is that as soon as he bought his Lowe at the old price, he is suddenly banned for a week, LOL gotta love it.

So if any of you play at lan parties, have family members that share your computer with their own accounts you better watch out since the Belarus game police seem to be out in force for people with a common IP.

Oh and he can't reply to the mods since the board won't even let him use the mail a mod function, starting to sound like another company I have had horrid experience with, Starvault.

Keep it up all you companies like this, you really give indie developers a good name. Wonder why so many of them are the laughing stock of the gaming world?

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Originally posted by phrank

Well OP here is one for you to add to your list of stupid things to do:

Did you all know that a family can get banned for using the same computer or at least IP address? Yes it is true, a friend and his 2 sons have 2 computers that they use for gaming and one IP from their broadband provider. Gee anyone ever heard of NAT through a router?

Anyway back on subject, he and his sons accounts received a ban for a week from WG for alt accounts!! Yep alt accounts.

Funny thing is that as soon as he bought his Lowe at the old price, he is suddenly banned for a week, LOL gotta love it.

So if any of you play at lan parties, have family members that share your computer with their own accounts you better watch out since the Belarus game police seem to be out in force for people with a common IP.

Oh and he can't reply to the mods since the board won't even let him use the mail a mod function, starting to sound like another company I have had horrid experience with, Starvault.

Keep it up all you companies like this, you really give indie developers a good name. Wonder why so many of them are the laughing stock of the gaming world?

I do not believe you or the OP.  I played WoT since it was release in NA (closed beta) and still play some today.

My roommate and I play on 2 different computers connected thought a router then the cable modem.  We have never been banned or warned or anything else.  So your son and dad story is BS.  In fact I have run two accounts on my computer while my roommate was running his account.

To the OP, you said more then learn to play noob.  I promise that you said way more then you are telling us here because I can tell you I have heard alot worst during matchs and nobody got banned or even a warning.

Its fine if you do not like the game and find the game is not for you but please do not spread fake lies about the game just because you dislike it.

Sooner or Later

Sorry that you are such a blinded fanboi but facts are facts. I will see if I can get a screen shot from his computer and post it on here. Of course to a blind fanboi that won't prove a thing but the rest of the world which is already finding out about this game will just have more evidence.

BTW did you ever think that you just haven't been caught yet???????

Had him send me a screen shot, now what do you say there fanboi?

Check out the red text where it talks about  account suspension S27.

I have played games for over a decade and NEVER seen this type of customer treatment.

• glofishglofish Member UncommonPosts: 346

It is possible that mulitple accounts are policed by the company as they would let one circumvent having to buy additional tank slots.

Overzealous enforcing could also happen.

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

I have played games for over a decade and NEVER seen this type of customer treatment.

I am not a fanboy first off since I play maybe once a week now.  The game is fun but has no depth, its  the same battle over and over again but I will point out when people plain out lie about a game and its company like you and the OP are.

All your screen shot shows is that their account is locked due to multiaccounting which could mean he was running two clients on his one computer which will get you banned.  You will not get banned if you are playing a single client from multi computers in a house hold.  This I know for a fact as My roommate and I played this game, he ran one client on his computer and I ran one client on my computer both computers connected via a router to a cable modem.

Now since you wanted to get into this.  It is very easy for a company to see if you are running multi clients from one computer, its called a mac address.  I am willing to be your "friend" was running 2 or more clients from one computer and the company saw both accounts using the same MAC and banned it.

So now what do you have to say?

Sooner or Later

• comicazecomicaze Member Posts: 147

Originally posted by TdogSkal

I am not a fanboy first off since I play maybe once a week now.  The game is fun but has no depth, its  the same battle over and over again but I will point out when people plain out lie about a game and its company like you and the OP are.

All your screen shot shows is that their account is locked due to multiaccounting which could mean he was running two clients on his one computer which will get you banned.  You will not get banned if you are playing a single client from multi computers in a house hold.  This I know for a fact as My roommate and I played this game, he ran one client on his computer and I ran one client on my computer both computers connected via a router to a cable modem.

Now since you wanted to get into this.  It is very easy for a company to see if you are running multi clients from one computer, its called a mac address.  I am willing to be your "friend" was running 2 or more clients from one computer and the company saw both accounts using the same MAC and banned it.

So now what do you have to say?

btw, I have two accounts myself - for me and my son. No problem whatsoever. Sometimes we are playing from two different computers through the same router meaning same IP address.