Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Miracle Patch Released

ApegApeg Member Posts: 91

Today is a happy day, Earthrise devs released the miracle patch and what a patch it is:

• Siege territories are open for capture - There are new zones with many bases to capture. Guilds are now able to capture such bases and build economic and military structures. There are certain time windows when bases enter maintenance periods and become vulnerable for attacks. Guilds can build defenses and protect their property from their rivals.

• Quest hints on the minimap - Players now have a clear indicator on the minimap and worldmap as to where they need to go to work on their quest task.

• Friends/ignore list – Players now can designate avatars as friends or enemies. Friends and enemies are treated as such with higher priority than faction affiliation for the combat and targeting system. Players are also notified when their friends come online or logout. To help finding friends players can search for avatars with known names or generally avatars around them. Also players can choose to ignore certain avatars and will no longer receive chat messages from those avatars.

• Improved Client performance – The Earthrise client now runs smoother with much higher framerate.

• Guild Ranks – Guild leaders can now setup rights for different actions of other guild members

The whole list of improvements and fixes is huge:

http://forum.play-earthrise.com/index.php?/topic/2111-territorial-warfare-starts-patch-notes-13th-of-july-patch-19108/

I did play for a few hours and have to admit that for the first time after release, the imrpovement is massive. In a forum full of trolls I would like to say something positive - Earthrise is becoming a very good game. Right now I play Rift, AoC and Earthrise and if AoC was taking 80% of my game time and Rift/Earthrise 20% right now I am planning to spend much more time in Earthrise and don't plan to get out for quite some time.

Comments

• halldorrhalldorr Member UncommonPosts: 105

So you found a large improvement in performance? I was hoping we'd see some players go back for the 14 days and see if there was some improvement :)

• AdunAdun Member UncommonPosts: 70

Having been away from the game for the past 2 months and coming back for this patch, I can honestly say the performance is incomparably better.

The game was definitely still playable in its previous state (as evidenced by the vids created) however it REALLY tried your patience over time with the stuttering/gfx/latency issues, especially if you had a shit rig (don't have a great one myself). But It simply feels like a different game now, and is finally presentable as a launch state. If only this is how it was back then we would have avoided a lot of misfortune. But I feel that now the game will begin to grow as it should. A free trial will cement this and we'll finally kick this game into gear. Especially since it's the only non-fail sandbox title out right now to feature territorial warfare.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I'll give it a go when they make a free trial.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

I'm very interested now. Heading to the site to check stuff out. So would you guys say it's crafting is good? and whats your take on PVP and if you want to opt out of it for pure crafting toon who just wants to resource gather without gankery happening?

I check back see if anyone replied.

thanks in advance.

• ArchidArchid Member UncommonPosts: 210

I went back to see how its doing... The performance is greatly improved, still the combat laggyness(rubberbanding) is there, chat lag.. Some of the mobs still run away and heal if you attack from too far or the right direction. So the combat feels still same to me as it was at the start. Some say they dont have that kind of problems.. but i dont believe them. Maybe its bad server or code, but who can tell.

Still improvements we're made and thats good. I only hope this game will someday be better concerning the combat.

the best way to kill a troll is to FLAME ON! ...or with acid...

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

While not a free trial, I noticed it's on sale on D2D for 60% off today. I've been interested in this game too but have otherwise avoided it due to the issues people have been having with it. Though it sounds like things are getting better, so I might try it myself.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

I followed up on this game since hearing about it as well. I'll defiently check it out if the feedback here about the patch is good.

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Originally posted by Ceridith

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

While not a free trial, I noticed it's on sale on D2D for 60% off today. I've been interested in this game too but have otherwise avoided it due to the issues people have been having with it. Though it sounds like things are getting better, so I might try it myself.

Cool thanks for the heads up.   Went ahead and bought it, 12bucks isn't really a ton of money.  Not sure if I'll activate it this month or in a couple, but hey, cheap is good.

• halldorrhalldorr Member UncommonPosts: 105

Have never purchased anything from there but will check out how it all works but I don't mind slapping down $12 for a game even to try out.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Cant even see it on steam.

• Major69er1Major69er1 Member UncommonPosts: 133

I recieved a 14 day welcome back and tried it The lag is better but combat and mobs are pretty much the same as launch, I couldnt play longer then a few minutes still a terrible game mechanics and grafix seem sub par. Must be just me as I still cant figure out what makes this game worth paying anything for.

• JonsusJonsus Member UncommonPosts: 175

I had been mildly interested in this game when I read about it being developped, but was put off by some bad reviews at launch. Apparently the buzz on the game forums and here tells me this "miracle patch" has brought it up to being playable, so I picked it up for 12$ from Direct 2 Drive, which isnt much, so whatever.

Gonna give it a try. Will likely post a review in a few days.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Thats right its not steam its D2D :)

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

I will be checking it out today, I was in closed beta from start to completion, so I am very eager to see how this latest patch has improved the performance issues, etc...

I'll be buying it from D2D within the hour, 12 bucks is a great deal.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Are there more than 100 people playing?

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• keviebyokeviebyo Member UncommonPosts: 31

Originally posted by Jonsus

I had been mildly interested in this game when I read about it being developped, but was put off by some bad reviews at launch. Apparently the buzz on the game forums and here tells me this "miracle patch" has brought it up to being playable, so I picked it up for 12$ from Direct 2 Drive, which isnt much, so whatever.

Gonna give it a try. Will likely post a review in a few days.

Same deal here. I've been waiting for a decent sci-fi MMO, but this had such a rough launch that I never got it.

At $12 and with a new patch, I'm giving it a go!

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Nice.  $12 on Direct to Drive, and that includes the first 30-days free. . .doesn't seem like a bad investment for a sandboxy mmorpg digging itself out of a hole with a huge optimization/performance and game-play enrichment patch.

No more than I'd spend on a movie, so since I put this game off for much of what is now patched-up. . .I'll give it a go rather than go see what AoC's fremium is like, or rather than see what Rift is up to during their free week.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

14-day comeback...

client-performance? improved - had no crashes in two hours

server-performance (rubberbanding/mobs behave strange/laggy)? still fail

combat (rebalancing)? improved - no more insta-kills and lowered healing makes combat more tactical

crafting? still fail

grinding (questing, gathering materials)? still fail - the grind is obscene in this one!

graphics (effects/textures)? improved

territorial warfare? siege timers are the main reason why I won't give this game anymore attention

My opinion: If you like to play a stupid PvP-game with an obscene amount of grinding (look at Darkfail) then you can now atleast try the game. It's not worth any money tho imho due to the bad gameplay and grinding.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file