Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dag Man!!! I really want a Large Scale PvP feature in WoW, that last longer than 30min-1hour

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I cry, and cry, for OLD AV back, but that will never happen.

I miss World PvP back in the day.

What I want from Blizzard, is a Large Scale FvF pvp feature that has long lasting gameplay, and many different objectives. I also would like some PvE Elements. like AV had. I find that interesting.

I know Blizzard wanted to head a certain direction with the PvP zone concept, but that just didnt work out as it should have. The PvP zone turned into a Server wide BG. (Note: there is a reason BG where changed from being a server locked concept to a cross server concept)

I miss the 40+ vs 40 +

and the PvP zones are now too restricted. There is a player population cap on it, that prevents players from the server in the higher populated faction from playing.

Well how about something that is Cross Server like a BG, but with a grand larger map size, the size of 2-3 zones, and a constant warfare, with multiple objectives. Also allow players to enter and leave the area freely, so Casual players can get something out of it, but wont feel the need to have to stay in a 9hour fight just to be rewarded, like Old AV was.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

You're asking the wrong game. :D

We all miss those days. But I, for one, don't have the time for it anymore.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Because my first few MMO's had multiple rule set servers (not just 2) I sort of rather expected Blizzard to one day delve into an alternate server, perhaps a FFA one with rewards for open world PVP increased and perhaps even the ellmination of level 50 BG's or whatever.

Never happened though, and is one of the big reasons I left WOW years ago when I realized they had no plans to make the game basically more like DAOC.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rainorxxrainorxx Member Posts: 85

I agree. But I think is better a BG zone not so big like you said (2-3 zones) and with no aerial mounts.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Originally posted by Benthon

You're asking the wrong game. :D

We all miss those days. But I, for one, don't have the time for it anymore.

Not really. Blizzard is a developer studio, that knows when to take an idea that is popular. the new Guild Wars 2 mmo will have a cross server PvP zone feature that last a week (thats longer than Old AV haha)

if that idea catch on, Blizzard may add something similar. I hope Old AV come back.

Also does anybody here remember at the start of CAT, or about a week or so before December 7th, when Blizzard updated the brackets for AV to put level 80 players in the 80-85 brackets?

Those NPC where tough. Man that was fun. It felt like Old AV a bit. lol I remember back in the day, I got creamed by those flying units. lol. Oh, does anybody remember when the WM could be pulled out the keep? what about the Trolls?

damn and dont get me started on the Summons ...... OMG damn I miss that

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i can relate with wow for progressing player till they reach 85 way for av but once you are at 85 the av rule should be changed so that you need to sumond the giant you need to summon the cavalry etc all the stuff there should be mandatory before you can kill tower or boss!would be insanelly easy to change this for blizzard since it is only lvl 85 feature!