Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you are an 'invert mouse' player, do not buy this!

Just purchased this only to discover you cannot invert the mouse rendering the game unplayable for me.

Just a warning to my 'inverted' friends out there :)

Comments

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I used to play inverted. Then I got tired of switching the options in every game and just adapted.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• ManJunkManJunk Member Posts: 273

Quick search revealed...

http://www.maf-soft.de/mafmouse

No idea of the validity but it should point you in the right direction.

Of course, there should be an option in-game already.

• SharkypalSharkypal Member Posts: 1,137

Cheers, nice find although I won't be paying for 3rd party software in order to invert the mouse.

This game should not have been released without proper keymapping etc. It makes the dev look totally unprofessional.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Plays fine for me.   Sucks that you don't have the option.  Today, EVERY game created should have control change options.

There are quite a few things Earthrise needs to fix in the next month.  A very large patch of polish is needed.  

1.  To optimize the engine to cease the horrible FPS lag when near others or looking at tons of textured areas.

2.  Quests need a little bit more direction, even some vague direction indication.

3.  If i'm getting attacked I need to know who by, its too hard to tell right now.  I got ganked by a player and thought I died to a mob.  It's a bit annoying.

Other than the above, the game has a bit of charm to it.  Nice amount of immersion, graphics and music are nice.  Although noobie island is a pain with the FPS and being able to be ganked while still learning the game.  hehe, but that's pvp so it's ok I suppose.

You're telling me you have inverted mouse in Earthrise?

Instead of telling us about other problems, simply tell me how you achieved this.

• gurugeorgegurugeorge Member UncommonPosts: 481

I agree that proper keymapping/inversion and those little things should be in every game at launch - it should even be in for testing phases, as people need to be able to play comfortably and slickly as they normally do, to be able to test properly.

Indeed.

It's like telling the 'non inverted' crowd that they can only play inverted.

It's simply not an option.

• SfaliaraSfaliara Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by Sharkypal

Indeed.

Well it's not like that, the 'inverted' crowd is only a small minority, I agree it's unreasonable to lack this option but your analogy is terrible.

No it's not, it makes perfect sense. As much as we may be the minority, the fact remains that it isn't playable for those of us who play inverted.

Demographics have nothing to do with it.

Masthead obviously doesn't want my money and that's no problem, there are plenty of other things I can spend it on.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

cant the lua files be edited for this

I've been trying to find a solution before I give up as the game interests me - no dice yet :(

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I have, unfortunately it inverts everything, not just the Y-axis.

Thanks for trying though :)

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

Just purchased this only to discover you cannot invert the mouse rendering the game unplayable for me.

Just a warning to my 'inverted' friends out there :)

Actually i can only play with inverted mouse in FPS games, if i use regular axis i get motion sickness. But this game is not a real FPS and probably becuase of that i had no problem using regular axis. So im pretty sure most people wont mind no invert mouse option.

• ArquitetoArquiteto Member Posts: 228

OMg people just download Autoit and search for invert mouse code and your done. Sucks its not ingame but its an easy fix.

I do mind and so do others I've spoken to so Im glad it's ok for you but it's not ok for me.

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

I do mind and so do others I've spoken to so Im glad it's ok for you but it's not ok for me.

but thats wierd that some of you guys cant adopt to no invert. LIke i said i have same issues in real FPS games, but not in hybrids like this one.

It's all good mate, I'm happy you can deal with it, but I can't unfortunately :(

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

I just got burned on another game by this. Why would any developer not take the few minutes to add the few lines of code it would take to allow inverting mouse control? It truly boggles the mind.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624

not using a third party programm to invert mouse

instead of looking for one complaining here

sure is productive

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• ApegApeg Member Posts: 91

Why did you bump this thread? Invert mouse in Earthrise is available since March.

• Rain_DogRain_Dog Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Sfaliara

Indeed.

Well it's not like that, the 'inverted' crowd is only a small minority, I agree it's unreasonable to lack this option but your analogy is terrible.

Trions own poll showed almost half the players want the inverted option.

The invert mouse option is standard in the Crytek engine, which means the Koreans purposely removed it. They didn't want it in-game. Probably an old tradition.

I got my money back because of this and I expect it will never be ingame.  Plus they've NEVER said it will be an option. Trion says it has asked XL but XL ignores them.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Not sure why people are bothering to talk about Earthrise, but whatever.

There are many reasons to not play this game, in the current Alpha state or otherwise.  None of them have anything to do with the invert mouse option and everything to do with the game just being an incomplete, buggy mess.

For instance, players would get stuck in "Combat" mode, leaving them unable to do anything else because the mob or player they were fighting glitched into non-existence.  The cure?  Run out in the ocean.  Not near the ocean?  Find one.  I'm sure other players could list the nearly endless list of things that didn't work right with the game, but I'll stop at having to run out into the ocean to exit combat.

Ah, I bet people are looking for this thread:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/414216

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by lizardbones

They're not. The thread is from 2011 and it got necro'd 

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by lizardbones

They're not. The thread is from 2011 and it got necro'd 

There's an ArcheAge thread about the Invert Mouse option, which would explain the Trion comment above.  I think.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file