Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Game needs a Sequel

ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Best engine IMO. This game would be unstoppable with an open world, and if it were set in Greyhawk.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

And without Free-To-Play........The game is much better than most people think if you had all the content.

What good is paying a monthly sub if most others are trying to play for free ( Who has what packages ? )

• UkihaUkiha Member Posts: 58

Agree with the 1st and the 2nd post,i was talking about this with a friend a while ago,a new D&D with open world and new features,new engine and jobs would be nice to see.

And if they make it p2p the better.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Heck, doesn't even need open world if they just had the entire city of Ebarron vice the shrunk thing they have now.  According to the book there's alot we're missing.

Also they tried P2p and it tanked, didn't pick up until it went F2p.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

As long as Turbine does not get to make it. 

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Originally posted by ignore_me

Best engine IMO. This game would be unstoppable with an open world, and if it were set in Greyhawk.

I think to be an open world game you would need to make a ton of changes to combat and spells. Open world as the game is today I doubt would be an unstoppable game at all.

• thebigchin11thebigchin11 Member Posts: 519

definately needs to be open world.  There were some nice ideas there though, just not enough to hold my attention. 

Chins

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Agree totally, the F2P thing brought the game back from the dead, but it also made it so ViP players were often hard pressed to find a group because F2P have limited access.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

WoG would be great! 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

Open world and forgotten realms, aaaawesome. I guess greyhawk could work too.

• gekkothegreygekkothegrey Member Posts: 236

Doubt that will happen since DnD Neverwinter is in devlopment www.playneverwinter.com checkout vid looks great. Also this is like NWN in that players can create their own content too.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

I'd only agree with supporting a sequel if it was done by someone other than Turbine. I don't like how they handled the game pre or post FTP.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Does nobody get it?!

Eberron and Greyhawk are the LAMEST campaign settings out there. Get me a Planescape, Dark Sun or Ravenloft one and I'd be all over it. Shit, even Al Qadim would sound sexy right about now.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by GTwander

Does nobody get it?!

Eberron and Greyhawk are the LAMEST campaign settings out there. Get me a Planescape, Dark Sun or Ravenloft one and I'd be all over it. Shit, even Al Qadim would sound sexy right about now.

Well I never liked Eberron. But I've some very fond memories of adventures in Greyhawk, be it a somehwhat generic fantasy land or not. I'm sure there are many old school pen and paper gamers who will agree with me. I actually didn't like Forgotten Realms until I read of few of the very excellent novels.

Ravenloft could work as a game setting, but I feel only if they could convince Glen Cook to write some of the game lore. And Dark Sun was always an intersting setting but it had so many restrictions it was hard to find a full group of players that would put up with them.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "