Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long does it take to level?

jackman11118jackman11118 Member Posts: 399

I really dont wont to do anymore grinding, just want to pvp. So, hows the grind? Im on summer break so I would spend about 4 hours playing it. could i get to 20 in one week or a month at that rate?

thx for reply's.

Comments

• bes3rkbes3rk Member UncommonPosts: 59

you should be able to get there in a month no problem.

• JaxuJaxu Member Posts: 11

I've played this game 73 hours and im 20lvl now... If you wonder how long you have been played this game type /age image

• nephillimnephillim Member Posts: 291

really there is no grind in this game at all. you don't have to just go out and kill endless monsters until you level.

in this game, you basically do quests. and as long as you do quests and follow the storyline you will level up without even noticing.

i play only a couple of hours a day, and after just over a month am lvl 20. BUT even though I am lvl 20, I still have a fair amount of quests to play through.

so, if you hate grinding, like all sane and well balanced people do, then Guild Wars is for you

[we need a worldwide genocide/ a planetary suicide/ and when the whole damned world is dead/ there''s your f***ing peace]

• mmattommatto Member Posts: 135

You can create lvl 20 pvp character when you start.

• ZeausZeaus Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by jackman11118
    I really dont wont to do anymore grinding, just want to pvp. So, hows the grind? Im on summer break so I would spend about 4 hours playing it. could i get to 20 in one week or a month at that rate?

thx for reply's.

If you just want to PvP you can start off with a level 20 PvP character right away.

-----------------------------
    Want to get into the game industry? Read the game business advice guide.
    Also read GameDev and Gamasutra
    Download Impulse - Like steam but only DRM Free Games

• jackman11118jackman11118 Member Posts: 399
    Sweet! sign me up. is it 30$ usa now or is it still 50? starting a character at 20 would be great for me. However I heard you have to do quests anyways to get skills. are they general skills that you MUST have or are they more advanced skills that only people who are bad at pvp would bother getting?

• McRobertMcRobert Member Posts: 9

I'm lvl 11 and i played like max 15houers, and my first char. so i guess not very long to get lvl20.

• GW-GamerGW-Gamer Member Posts: 30

Yea leveling is not that hard, but gotta tell you it does still take you some time... Best way to level is mission and quest. However if you keep doing them it gets tireing you know. And at start it kinda seems very boring and stuff and like its a pretty hard game or that its a pointless game but its totally wrong once you keep going into game you find that crafting in that game isnt a gay idea and that salvageing is pretty awsome you get it ::::01:: its fun thats what im saying. And best way to level is just keep doing the mission and quest you need to do best exp you know and also a lot loot. Plus join a guild its fun ::::28:: one of the best part in the game. To avoid scam dont do everything your guild ask for :P until you get friendly with them awsome game you gotta try it out pretty much no lag also ::::24:: ~Bye

• _myko_myko Member Posts: 333

Originally posted by Jaxu
    I've played this game 73 hours and im 20lvl now... If you wonder how long you have been played this game type /age image

a rather worrying 164 hours 39minutes with my main char...and counting (lvl20, obviously). Makes my sig semi-ironic ::::02::

---sig---

PvE in general is pretty lame, if you think long and hard about it. You are spending your time beating a severely gimped AI that would lose to a well trained monkey. Best not to think too long and hard why you are wasting time playing games in general actually...

• nephillimnephillim Member Posts: 291

you can indeed start a pvp character at lvl 20

but they can only do pvp. they can't do any of the PvE quests, missions etc.

so if you want to get the most out the game, i suggest making a normal RP character. it doesnt take long to get to lvl 20, and you can PvP long before lvl 20 anyway

in the end, your RP character will be much better at PvP, becuase they will have access to many more skills

[we need a worldwide genocide/ a planetary suicide/ and when the whole damned world is dead/ there''s your f***ing peace]