Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I won't (cant) play

PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

The SOE pile of crap installer station app that you're forced to run doesn't work.  I've been trying for 24 hours now off and on and I keep getting website errors (the app runs on webpages not a real UI).

I was barely able to get a trial account activated...

Now i'd like access to my primary SOE account with my Everquest AND Vanguard retail box keys...

I can't...

SOE did a forced password reset likely because of all the recent security BS they've been having.  Password recovery/reset doesn't work.  I've tried it multiple times on multiple accounts.  The password they sent me isn't accepted on ANY of my accounts with them.

I've probably tried 10+ times now and each new random password fails.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

customer service?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

I think the Soe servers are down at the moment.  There is another launcher that is its own VG launcher but I'm not sure how to get that one other than from the discs.  

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

So why don't they have a message "Our servers are down"

Rather than half the shit working... half the shit not working?

I already know the answer BTW

• DreamionDreamion Member UncommonPosts: 287

To play Vanguard without the Sony Station Launcher you need to use the Vanguard.exe from 2006, I use it now and it works great, no hazzle.

How do you play vanguard without an account?  I cannot get access to my accounts because the passwords required a reset from SOE.  

I did the reset (that page works) and now the passwords they sent me don't work.  Tried it on 3 different accounts I have with SOE and now all 3 are locked out.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

You cannot.  I had the same problem.  My account was locked due to some belief that the account was compromised.  I was never notified of this.

The only way to reset your password is to call their customer service.

The only way to EVER reset it?  Or while the servers are f*cked up?

I'm lazy enough and I don't have enough desire to play VG that if i have to CALL customer server to resolve my account issues and wait on hold for hours...

I just won't play

This is unacceptable service that has become common with SOE in all my experience =(

• AzureblazeAzureblaze Member UncommonPosts: 130

Email customer service instead.

Explain you have tried a password reset and the passwords provided to you do not work.

They will likely attempt to verify your information with another email, with some key questions about your account, but it gets around calling them, which you don't seem to want to do.

The first thing I did was put a Ticket in.  Been over 24h so I expect they have a several day response delay.

Hope the troll who already flamed this thread gets the usual suspension...  Fortunately the Block feature works well on these forums!

I also posted on the Vanguard Forums to see if anyone had ideas.

I've had to go through this once before and I remember they asked every detail about my account down to CD keys for products I purchased over 10 years ago... Who keeps that stuff?!?!   Heck, who buys a box anymore?

Anyway, I think this is a good sign, if I don't have the drive to get my account back I probably won't have the drive to actually play it.  I expect it would only be fun with a few friends and none of mine are interested in MMO's currently.

Originally posted by Painlezz

The first thing I did was put a Ticket in.  Been over 24h so I expect they have a several day response delay.

Hope the troll who already flamed this thread gets the usual suspension...  Fortunately the Block feature works well on these forums!

I also posted on the Vanguard Forums to see if anyone had ideas.

I've had to go through this once before and I remember they asked every detail about my account down to CD keys for products I purchased over 10 years ago... Who keeps that stuff?!?!   Heck, who buys a box anymore?

Anyway, I think this is a good sign, if I don't have the drive to get my account back I probably won't have the drive to actually play it.  I expect it would only be fun with a few friends and none of mine are interested in MMO's currently.

Troll?  Who trolled the thread?

I blocked the guy so I don't have name or info easily available.  Shouldn't be hard to miss...

Going off on how I don't know how to use the internet and how i'm stupid?  Among other things.

Maybe it bothered me more than a normal reader considering everything said was wrong.  The Vanguard forums had a similar response when I asked about the SOE laucher issues and they told me I didn't know how to use the internet....

Had to supply screen shots showing the pile of junk launcher and the website errors... Majority of people don't use that launcher but I don't have a box copy of the game to get the OTHER launcher from. 

And that launcher won't resolve the issue that the SOE website is broken and password recovery doesn't work.

I blocked the guy so I don't have name or info easily available.  Shouldn't be hard to miss...

Going off on how I don't know how to use the internet and how i'm stupid?  Among other things.

Maybe it bothered me more than a normal reader considering everything said was wrong.  The Vanguard forums had a similar response when I asked about the SOE laucher issues and they told me I didn't know how to use the internet....

Had to supply screen shots showing the pile of junk launcher and the website errors... Majority of people don't use that launcher but I don't have a box copy of the game to get the OTHER launcher from. 

And that launcher won't resolve the issue that the SOE website is broken and password recovery doesn't work.

Hm, I'm not seeing the post your refering to.  It must have been deleted.  I'm sorry that your game doesnt work though.  Vanguard is a good game, such a same Soe runs it.

I dont suppose you have tried a different browser?  I have problems with Firefox on this site while Chrome works fine.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

The SOE pile of crap installer station app that you're forced to run doesn't work.  I've been trying for 24 hours now off and on and I keep getting website errors (the app runs on webpages not a real UI).

I was barely able to get a trial account activated...

Now i'd like access to my primary SOE account with my Everquest AND Vanguard retail box keys...

I can't...

SOE did a forced password reset likely because of all the recent security BS they've been having.  Password recovery/reset doesn't work.  I've tried it multiple times on multiple accounts.  The password they sent me isn't accepted on ANY of my accounts with them.

I've probably tried 10+ times now and each new random password fails.

Do all your account management from the station.sony.com site instead of the launcher, it's much less of a headache.

For the password problems, sorry, I've got nothing for that.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Yeah, i've been using the website.  The launcher was only for getting into Vanguard.. which worked fine once their servers were back up and running (well that part of them anyway).