Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you consider yourself to be a sucker?

Blaze007Blaze007 Member Posts: 188

I have just red some things about DCUO and as far as I understand: in order to play the game one have to pay for it, than pay monthly subscription in a game that already has a cash-shop for so called microtransactions and on top of that it has been announced that content updates (renamed to DLC) will also be payable.

So I wonder: do you guys - current DCUO players - consider yourself to be total suckers? I mean - you allowing someone to charge you however they want, basically few times for the same thing or for stuff that most games - both P2P and F2P offer for free.

Is there a limit, when you say STOP ? And I do not mean financial limit, because 20$ her or 30$ there is not much when one considers mmo a hobby, there are hobbys much more expensive then that. I rather mean a limit when your own dignity won't allow you to tolerate the policy of milking you however possible? Or maybe you consider yourself a mmo-junkie, knowing that you are addicted to the game and will pay anything what your pimp demands in order to get your crack? I do not mean any disrespect by this post, I simply cannot stop wondering why do people allow some video-game company to abuse them like that and treat like mindless, cash-generating drones?

Comments

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

I believe most people stop when they believe they are no longer getting any value for their money.  From the sound of it, many people felt they werent getting their money's worth from DCUO

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,698

Pc version of the game is almost completely dead. So no, they don't consider themselves to be suckers since they left.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 11,589

Theres a point where you reach Game Worth =/= Cost.

I like DCUO,  and enjoyed it for many months (including beta and then a couple of months on launch).  Its an enjoyable game,  but when the exploits hit hard,  and those managing the game didn't respond with an encouraging attitude, I realized my money would be better spent elsewhere for the time being.

I don't consider myself to be a sucker.   I knew what I was paying for when I bought the game,  and while the extent of the exploits was something I didn't expect,  I did give them the benefit of the doubt simply because, during that time, I still found the game enjoyable.

I will pay for a game for as long as the game is fun to me, no more,  no less.  When I'm ready to stop playing, I will.   Making these decisions is part of being a (teehee) "responsible" gamer.   Personally,  I feel the game is worth the price at least to some extent,   but had they managed this product better, they could have really nailed a solid game.

• shinobi234shinobi234 Member Posts: 437

Originally posted by Vallador

I have just red some things about DCUO and as far as I understand: in order to play the game one have to pay for it, than pay monthly subscription in a game that already has a cash-shop for so called microtransactions and on top of that it has been announced that content updates (renamed to DLC) will also be payable.

So I wonder: do you guys - current DCUO players - consider yourself to be total suckers? I mean - you allowing someone to charge you however they want, basically few times for the same thing or for stuff that most games - both P2P and F2P offer for free.

Is there a limit, when you say STOP ? And I do not mean financial limit, because 20$ her or 30$ there is not much when one considers mmo a hobby, there are hobbys much more expensive then that. I rather mean a limit when your own dignity won't allow you to tolerate the policy of milking you however possible? Or maybe you consider yourself a mmo-junkie, knowing that you are addicted to the game and will pay anything what your pimp demands in order to get your crack? I do not mean any disrespect by this post, I simply cannot stop wondering why do people allow some video-game company to abuse them like that and treat like mindless, cash-generating drones?

i agree on that i left DCU because it was the big wasted money ever its dead no one hardly plays and yes i am not happy i wasted money on this game...... but like i said i am agreeing with you. then again you learn when you buy it wow look i wasted my money omg............... >< so much for DCU

• TurdinatorTurdinator Member Posts: 210

I played the game for two months. $65 for two months of entertainment is a steal.

• Blaze007Blaze007 Member Posts: 188

I understand people who check the game out. Speaking from my experience - I think that most games are definitely worth their initial price which includes 30 days of the game-play time as there is usually precisely  this amount of content to play for that long.  Well - let say  2 months if you are a very casual player ;-)...

But with the time passing, the content gets "done", but opposite to what one could expect: the milking process do not eases with the content "getting old" - quite opposite in DCUO it accelerates??? So the older the game becomes the more ways we will charge you for sticking with it ???

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Locking thread due to baiting. There are other open threads discussing the cash shop and the Green Lantern DLC (like this one: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/350/view/forums/thread/318859/Green-Lantern-Pack.html) This thread is just unnecessarily negative from the get-go.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.