Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tell us why you hate WoW maybe we can help.

Comments

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

Okay, my opinions on WoW since you asked and offered to help....

First off, WoW is a good game. I dont hate the game, but also it suffers from what I call the "fast food mentality" In today's society, music, clothes, entertainment of all kinds is fast, quick, and soon outdated. Nobody is concerned if NSync will last for years and the same thinking goes intoday's video games.

Games back in the early 90's to late 90's were much more sophisticated than today's games which I refer to as "blondes" nice to look at but not much going on upstairs. (joke) Take a look at games like Fallout 2 and compare them to say KOTOR. Everyone raved about KOTOR but it was really shallow game and very controlled. You couldnt go wherever you wanted or whenever either. Games like Fallout 2 allowed one to do anything they wanted, go completely out of order doing quests, skip certain towns, etc and still beat the game. Today's games are all scripted and lack FREEDOM.

WoW is a reflection of today's marketing towards this fast food generation. Everything is fast, combat is quick, leveling is quick, heck even getting into a guild is quick. Any other mmorpg Ive played there was always a process mostly to join a guild. Go to a website and read about them, register, go on a raid together to see how you fight, etc etc etc. In WoW 30 seconds into the game and I get "dude join my guild"

In short, the community stinks. The players have no concept of how to interact in a mmorpg. From consistent flames and comments for some player trying to sell an item (dude what a ripoff, those sell for this...what a jerk, that item isnt that great...he's selling for 25s, ill give away for free cause he's a newb). Groups are awful and painful to experience when the kiddies are so bent on destruction they cant respond to group tells or requests to stop and talk strategy for 5 seconds. Its "CHARGE" into combat without thought 95% of the time.

The game itself has only two shortcomings, it being a level based game and crafting as an afterthought. However, those things were done in WoW on purpose. Skill system would mean time and effort, not the kiddies of "fast food generation" strong points. Crafting in real mmorpgs also takes much time and energy. Pretty much in a level based game such as this, everyone is the same. So it wont matter if I spend 6 months earning gold to buy an epic wand cause in the end the other casual player (who plays for just a few weeks) is the same as me. His crummy 10 silver wand is equal to my 200 gold wand in a level based game. We both defeat the same level mob and we both lose to an elite +10 level mob above us. Gear matters not, therefore quick and casual non-committal gamers are rewarded for just having an account bleh.

I still play WoW, but only maybe once a week cause of the above reasons. To me, its more like a decent single player game with instant messenger built in.

• kernalkernal Member Posts: 106
    im not sure if i can egree with the last post close to the end of it, gear does matter, i mean you cant have lvl 1 gear at lvl 60 and start fighting -_- ull die, gear gives defence, strength, more attk power to wat ever class, ect. i also dont get how you guys dont like the community, i mean i have yet to meet a stupid person in game, and all of my freinds are awesome, we all do the same thing and enjoy, from hunting together to doing quests and even helping each other raise our proffessions. my guild is awesome because most of the people in it are from my school :) so its all cool there. doing instances with 5 poeple even tho the exp is split i always come out with alteast 50 or 60 % gain, if i come in there with 1% i come out with 60 or more. i do agree with the fast leveling and that every one can get to lvl 60 in like 3 weeks, which does tick me off cuz wats the point of that, there is no competion. pvp is fine for me, i like it :) i have nothing against it. but if there is a problem i ignore it and go my way to enjoy my game and make my 15$ worth my time. all togeth i give the game a 9/10 9 becayse of lag in IF :P iono for people that do come up to these problams with bad communites and stupid people, ignore them, dont let them make the game bad for you, dont waste your time. if the items are to expensive or you get riped of, remeber its a game you are not loosing anything in real life. thats what auction is for. :P play the game however YOU want and enjoy it however YOU want, that is wat they are for. :) now if you want BAD community go play runescape now that is BAD community with 6 yearolds every where. and the biggest problem i see that people have with this game is pvp and community, ok then dont pvp or go pvp in some other game. dont like the community, ignore them there is an option to ignore them ALL. and just talk to your freinds :D
  • brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    I don't hate WoW. Just wasn't my cup of tea. Before I'd resub they would have to up pvp rewards/restrictions. No lvl 60s ganking lvl 30s. That's a retarded concept. I was hoping for a system closer to DAoC, but got one thats just like EQ's PvP. PvE till your eyes pop out, then you go greif a bunch of newbs. Not my idea of fun.
  • protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

complete lack of patches, the game is broken in so many areas and the devs dont seem to give a damn about anything besides raking in the cash from the 2m subscribers

im like a previous poster, i got my mount and now i feel no desire to log on

• kmimmorpgkmimmorpg Member Posts: 624

Originally posted by kernal
    im not sure if i can egree with the last post close to the end of it, gear does matter, i mean you cant have lvl 1 gear at lvl 60 and start fighting -_- ull die, gear gives defence, strength, more attk power to wat ever class, ect. i also dont get how you guys dont like the community, i mean i have yet to meet a stupid person in game, and all of my freinds are awesome, we all do the same thing and enjoy, from hunting together to doing quests and even helping each other raise our proffessions. my guild is awesome because most of the people in it are from my school :) so its all cool there. doing instances with 5 poeple even tho the exp is split i always come out with alteast 50 or 60 % gain, if i come in there with 1% i come out with 60 or more. i do agree with the fast leveling and that every one can get to lvl 60 in like 3 weeks, which does tick me off cuz wats the point of that, there is no competion. pvp is fine for me, i like it :) i have nothing against it. but if there is a problem i ignore it and go my way to enjoy my game and make my 15$ worth my time. all togeth i give the game a 9/10 9 becayse of lag in IF :P iono for people that do come up to these problams with bad communites and stupid people, ignore them, dont let them make the game bad for you, dont waste your time. if the items are to expensive or you get riped of, remeber its a game you are not loosing anything in real life. thats what auction is for. :P play the game however YOU want and enjoy it however YOU want, that is wat they are for. :) now if you want BAD community go play runescape now that is BAD community with 6 yearolds every where. and the biggest problem i see that people have with this game is pvp and community, ok then dont pvp or go pvp in some other game. dont like the community, ignore them there is an option to ignore them ALL. and just talk to your freinds :D

May I suggest breaking this into paragraphs?

Originally posted by admriker444

His crummy 10 silver wand is equal to my 200 gold wand in a level based game. We both defeat the same level mob and we both lose to an elite +10 level mob above us.

I have seen the video of the rogue with 2 dirks (really low level daggers)  being able to kill other level 60s.

So you want to be better than someone based on gear not skill?

• MMHELMMHEL Member Posts: 313
    THe combat system suck the same animation and to flat armor the only way u can help is complaining

Originally posted by kmimmorpg

well you can suggest it :D BUT im not gana go into all this paragraph breaking stuff :D i got enough of that in school :D but if you read it slowly youll be fine image
  • firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

Originally posted by kernal im not sure if i can egree with the last post close to the end of it, gear does matter, i mean you cant have lvl 1 gear at lvl 60 and start fighting -_- ull die, gear gives defence, strength, more attk power to wat ever class, ect. i also dont get how you guys dont like the community, i mean i have yet to meet a stupid person in game, and all of my freinds are awesome, we all do the same thing and enjoy, from hunting together to doing quests and even helping each other raise our proffessions. my guild is awesome because most of the people in it are from my school :) so its all cool there. doing instances with 5 poeple even tho the exp is split i always come out with alteast 50 or 60 % gain, if i come in there with 1% i come out with 60 or more. i do agree with the fast leveling and that every one can get to lvl 60 in like 3 weeks, which does tick me off cuz wats the point of that, there is no competion. pvp is fine for me, i like it :) i have nothing against it. but if there is a problem i ignore it and go my way to enjoy my game and make my 15$ worth my time. all togeth i give the game a 9/10 9 becayse of lag in IF :P iono for people that do come up to these problams with bad communites and stupid people, ignore them, dont let them make the game bad for you, dont waste your time. if the items are to expensive or you get riped of, remeber its a game you are not loosing anything in real life. thats what auction is for. :P play the game however YOU want and enjoy it however YOU want, that is wat they are for. :) now if you want BAD community go play runescape now that is BAD community with 6 yearolds every where. and the biggest problem i see that people have with this game is pvp and community, ok then dont pvp or go pvp in some other game. dont like the community, ignore them there is an option to ignore them ALL. and just talk to your freinds :D May I suggest breaking this into paragraphs?well you can suggest it :D BUT im not gana go into all this paragraph breaking stuff :D i got enough of that in school :D but if you read it slowly youll be fine image

Believe it or not, your teachers were actually trying to help you in life by attempting (and clearly failing) to teach you grammatical skills.

Originally posted by firemagic

Originally posted by kernal im not sure if i can egree with the last post close to the end of it, gear does matter, i mean you cant have lvl 1 gear at lvl 60 and start fighting -_- ull die, gear gives defence, strength, more attk power to wat ever class, ect. i also dont get how you guys dont like the community, i mean i have yet to meet a stupid person in game, and all of my freinds are awesome, we all do the same thing and enjoy, from hunting together to doing quests and even helping each other raise our proffessions. my guild is awesome because most of the people in it are from my school :) so its all cool there. doing instances with 5 poeple even tho the exp is split i always come out with alteast 50 or 60 % gain, if i come in there with 1% i come out with 60 or more. i do agree with the fast leveling and that every one can get to lvl 60 in like 3 weeks, which does tick me off cuz wats the point of that, there is no competion. pvp is fine for me, i like it :) i have nothing against it. but if there is a problem i ignore it and go my way to enjoy my game and make my 15$ worth my time. all togeth i give the game a 9/10 9 becayse of lag in IF :P iono for people that do come up to these problams with bad communites and stupid people, ignore them, dont let them make the game bad for you, dont waste your time. if the items are to expensive or you get riped of, remeber its a game you are not loosing anything in real life. thats what auction is for. :P play the game however YOU want and enjoy it however YOU want, that is wat they are for. :) now if you want BAD community go play runescape now that is BAD community with 6 yearolds every where. and the biggest problem i see that people have with this game is pvp and community, ok then dont pvp or go pvp in some other game. dont like the community, ignore them there is an option to ignore them ALL. and just talk to your freinds :D
    well you can suggest it :D BUT im not gana go into all this paragraph breaking stuff :D i got enough of that in school :D but if you read it slowly youll be fine image

Believe it or not, your teachers were actually trying to help you in life by attempting (and clearly failing) to teach you grammatical skills.

hehehe imagecheersimage no m8 they did succed, only on reports that i need to type and not on the internet, cuz the internet is a place of mess and chaos so who cares how i write or spell.image
  • firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

hehehe imagecheersimage no m8 they did succed, only on reports that i need to type and not on the internet, cuz the internet is a place of mess and chaos so who cares how i write or spell.image

LOL. Good point. ::::28::

• Veiled_lightVeiled_light Member UncommonPosts: 855

I don't like WOW cause:

• The community is bad
    • All the fanboys who tell you it's the best and if you don't play WOW then your mmorpg sucks!
    • WOW does nothing new, just copies the EQ format
    • No tradeskill worth talking about
    • No economy worth talking bout
    • no player housing
    • No RP
    • crap character creation
    • Not many class's, everyone in that class has the same skills and s**t, atleats on EQ2 you can buy spell upgrades to make them more powerful
    • no character traits to chose from
    • Lack on game events
    • Too many servers
    • Server Queues
    • Lagg
    • Quests are all the same
    • Honour system sucks
    • PVP is unbalanced and boring
    • Level up too fast
    • Once you hit lvl 60 theres nout to do
    • The allience out numbers the Horde like 3 to 1
    • Patch client is crap
    • Blizzard don't show much support
    • Crap, if any tech support
    • Graphics look like Warcraft 3
    • overhyped
    • adventuring is about 90% of the game!
    • Not much to do
    • The community isn't close like eve online, it's all split up with constant arguments

I could go on and on, the game just lacks soo much! Never launch with PVP, always bring it in later

• trajan22trajan22 Member Posts: 91

i quit after about 3 months because:

* the community seemed really immature. general chat is just painful to have on no matter where you are. this was really the game breaker for me.
    * it wasn't particularly immersive. it's basically just a level grind until you hit 60 and then farm instances for items. and then you get the items and...? what's the point? (i never even got clost to that stage though, i quit around the mid-40s.)
    * there's no real trading or economy. this is something that is very important to me in teh games i play. i think EVE has it just about perfect.
    * it was really just too simple--like CoH, but with ph4t l00t. there was no room for individuality.
    * quests, quests, quests...quests = teh boring

it was fun until it became completely repetitious. and since i don't care too much about PvP, there was nothing left for me.

• jackman11118jackman11118 Member Posts: 399

Originally posted by Pieter

Actually...I played EQ, hated that one less than WoW. Than again, and this is why I hate it that much, I chose the wrong class.
    I hate WoW because they kept nerfing and nerfing hunters, not doing anything about the bugs that already were plentyful.

True true, I left the game because my hunter ended up from being one of the best classes to the worst classes of all time. :*( i miss my good hunter pre nerfs.

• HeartBrokenHeartBroken Member Posts: 128

Here Here brother! You're the first guy doin wut I wanted to do. ::::11:: I don't see why anyone would hate such a classic game. The only flaws I see are customer support and lag issues. The game itself is gold. Hope all these non-believers step up and say wut they all b*******ing about World of Warcraft.::::26::

ah well what can we do about this, every one is entitled to there own opinion about any game, im sure wow is not the only game who gets flamed on, like me i hate guild wars, and i hate EQ, i also hate UO, and DOD, and knight online, and every other game you can think of accept runescape, WoW and gate to heave, ( great free rpg) but like some people i do not go flaming around telling every one why that game and this game sucks. i keep my complaints to my self and enjoy what i like. and let the other people enjoy wat they like :D
  • hooligan14hooligan14 Member Posts: 44

The problem with WoW is that most games, with L2 being a huge example, face you with a long and semi-fun journey to the end-game content, which is better then everything else you have expierienced.  WoW kind of did the opposite.  They made the leveling extremly fun, and then left hte endgame content just not as good.  Its not as bad as people say it is, but it just so subpar compared to everything else in it.  They also made the level journey short, so that people would remake characters and go through the quests of the opposite factions.  Problem is, with Honor, no one wants to start all over again knowign that they will never expierence the highest PvP rewards, also none of the high lvl raiding guilds will be recruiting for newbies since they are complete and have already worked out their plans. 

A basic analogy is like the Matrix trilogy to LOTR.  The first Matrix completly blew the door off of special effects and was considered an amazing movie, where as the fellowship was decent but not really worth praising.  However whereas the Matrix never lived up to the high standards of the first one and left people angry, the 2nd and 3rd LOTR were huge improvements making people forget how dull the first one really was.

imagecheers m8image great analogy image

Originally posted by firemagic

Originally posted by kernal im not sure if i can egree with the last post close to the end of it, gear does matter, i mean you cant have lvl 1 gear at lvl 60 and start fighting -_- ull die, gear gives defence, strength, more attk power to wat ever class, ect. i also dont get how you guys dont like the community, i mean i have yet to meet a stupid person in game, and all of my freinds are awesome, we all do the same thing and enjoy, from hunting together to doing quests and even helping each other raise our proffessions. my guild is awesome because most of the people in it are from my school :) so its all cool there. doing instances with 5 poeple even tho the exp is split i always come out with alteast 50 or 60 % gain, if i come in there with 1% i come out with 60 or more. i do agree with the fast leveling and that every one can get to lvl 60 in like 3 weeks, which does tick me off cuz wats the point of that, there is no competion. pvp is fine for me, i like it :) i have nothing against it. but if there is a problem i ignore it and go my way to enjoy my game and make my 15$ worth my time. all togeth i give the game a 9/10 9 becayse of lag in IF :P iono for people that do come up to these problams with bad communites and stupid people, ignore them, dont let them make the game bad for you, dont waste your time. if the items are to expensive or you get riped of, remeber its a game you are not loosing anything in real life. thats what auction is for. :P play the game however YOU want and enjoy it however YOU want, that is wat they are for. :) now if you want BAD community go play runescape now that is BAD community with 6 yearolds every where. and the biggest problem i see that people have with this game is pvp and community, ok then dont pvp or go pvp in some other game. dont like the community, ignore them there is an option to ignore them ALL. and just talk to your freinds :D

I would like to read what you have to say, but like you said your posts are a mess and chaotic.

I'm not suggesting you spell correctly (we all have typos) or even be grammatically correct (I'm not an English professor!) But just pressing the <space bar> every now and then would make a world of difference.

Imagine you are playing a game where when you post you have to jump a few times and press the space bar to jump!

Well technicaly you are suggesting that i would spell right and write correctly, but what do you mean by "pressing the spacebar" dont you mean by pressing the enter bar so that my sentances would be in order? cuz the way i see it is that i press the space bar enough and not the enter bar.

That is why i have a huge ars sentanceimageBUT for people so grammatical such as your self im sure that you could read any post, anyone  can read any post as long as they put there mined to it. :D i put my opinion the way i want to put it and in wat grammatical way i want it to be, it is your choice to read it or not. imagedont tell me how to write or spell you are not my teacher and that goes to every other person. Thank you.

also i didnt say that my post are a mess and chaotic. I said that the INTERNET is a place of mess and chaos so who cares how a person writes or spells. even tho my posts are a mess :P hahaha please read clearly next time. thank you.image

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060

imagedont tell me how to write or spell you are not my teacher and that goes to every other person. Thank you.

If you were my pupil id sooner EAT you than teach you.

eat me in which way? cuz realy man that sounds sick and kinda perverted image would sound better if you said : id sooner beat you then teach you" even tho that still sounds sick but better then the first one.

Well technicaly you are suggesting that i would spell right and write correctly, but what do you mean by "pressing the spacebar" dont you mean by pressing the enter bar so that my sentances would be in order? cuz the way i see it is that i press the space bar enough and not the enter bar.
    That is why i have a huge ars sentanceimageBUT for people so grammatical such as your self im sure that you could read any post, anyone  can read any post as long as they put there mined to it. :D i put my opinion the way i want to put it and in wat grammatical way i want it to be, it is your choice to read it or not. imagedont tell me how to write or spell you are not my teacher and that goes to every other person. Thank you.
    also i didnt say that my post are a mess and chaotic. I said that the INTERNET is a place of mess and chaos so who cares how a person writes or spells. even tho my posts are a mess :P hahaha please read clearly next time. thank you.image

You posted your thoughts in 3 paragraphs, thank you Kernal!  It really does make a difference in getting your point across.

hehehehimage i thought that would helpimage so i tried it, to accualy get my point across image so maybe ill start doing itimage

hehehehimage i thought that would helpimage so i tried it, to accualy get my point across image so maybe ill start doing itimage

Hey, you corrected me also! Three times!!! image