Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Global Agenda is a decent game BUT DO NOT SPEND $$$ ON IT. You have been warned

Hard2killh2kHard2killh2k Member Posts: 8

Heads up guys this may sound like a rant.

Why not spend $$ on a decent game?

The company running it, Hirez is evil.

I played GA for almost a year - ign - TheLover

Gave $102 to Hirez in the process (game+3 90day boosters), Yes at the time I felt it was worth it.

After nearly 1000 hours, collected nearly every epic item, one day I tried to log in and it read 'Your account has been banned'.

Their responce to my enquiry was

Response HiRezRemy 06/28/2011 04:22 PM

Hello XXXXXXXX,

Your account was banned for violations of the terms of service related to cheating. Our anti-cheat systems detected the use of a third-party program on your account.

After additional review of the evidence, we stand by the ban. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Hi-Rez Support Staff

Basically they accused me of cheating and banned me.

Well I assert that I dont cheat, wether you believe that is not the point. Naturally my responce to that was

Customer XXXXXXXXX 06/28/2011 05:11 PM

I am 100% legit and swear by it. I would like to see your so called ' evidence ' that i cheat, also please state what cheat that you have identified me using, and when i used it. this is a ridiculous accusation that i cheat.

Hirez seems to have ignored this, they wont even show me their evidence of my violation of their terms of service, how else can the accused party try to defend his case if he doesn't know exactly what he's accused of right?

My 2nd attempt to request evidence has been closed within a day of my posting.

Also posted on their official forums under the official account issues section to see their evidence, but those posts have been removed. According to their forum rules all account issues can be posted there except those regarding bans, bans have to be resolved privately using their ticket system.

I admit to have used hacks in other games, offline,online,mmo and have had my fair share of bans too. One time for sticking an eraser on my keyboard on cabal and went to sleep. But all those bans I received were fair, the game companies even sent screenshots of evidence etc.

Hirez seems to think their anti cheat is so perfect it can never be wrong.

I guess theres always a first time to being banned for being a legit player.

FIY I actually took the time to read their ONLINE TERMS OF SERVICE AND USE AGREEMENT due to this ban.

Last Updated January 28, 2010

"Hi-Rez reserves the right to deny, in its sole discretion, your access to your Account, the Service or the Site without notice, for any or for no reason (including, without limitation, for violation of this Agreement). "

by clicking accept you agree to this. They may sell it to you, then they may not let you play it, for no reason, whenever(without notice) they feel like it.

Fellow Gamers, you have been warned.

Best Regards,

TheLover

{mod edit}

Comments

• LukoooneLukooone Member UncommonPosts: 153

GA have the funniest combat system of all the times. Is the best of the best combat system imo.

The only problem is that many people use AIMBOTS, you feel it when an assault with a inferno cannon doesnt fail a single bullet on you when youre flying in zig-zag.

Sorry if you werent the case but people using aimbots are ruining the game and deserved to be perma banned.

But, but, but he attacked me when I was low life! 

Yes, HE DID, why you cant do the same to him? 

Uf that will take me a lot of time... 

HERE IS YOUR QUEST!

• Hard2killh2kHard2killh2k Member Posts: 8

If you played GA enough, you should realize robo turrets win mercs, not the assault / recon with 100 kills. Whenever you suspect someone of aimbot, just go agenda stats and look at his PVP win rate it will be between 55%-60% not that far away from yours probably - unless its a new account.

Unless someone still has like 80-90% PVP win rate after 1000 merc games, id say hes legit. I had 59% only and I fkin own (check my last 10 mercs on agenda stats)

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Hard2killh2k
    If you played GA enough, you should realize robo turrets win mercs, not the assault / recon with 100 kills. Whenever you suspect someone of aimbot, just go agenda stats and look at his PVP win rate it will be between 55%-60% not that far away from yours probably - unless its a new account.
    Unless someone still has like 80-90% PVP win rate after 1000 merc games, id say hes legit. I had 59% only and I fkin own (check my last 10 mercs on agenda stats)

Turrets blow. I've been killed more times by turrets than anything else. Otherwise, the game is a lot of fun. Not sure about the ban thing. They are probably going to be much more aggressive on bans since they have a bunch of new people playing and they don't want those people to feel like they're getting steamrolled by cheaters.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Hard2killh2kHard2killh2k Member Posts: 8

Accusing me of cheating is one thing, denying me access without notice is understandable according to their eula. Stating some generic accusation and that they have conducted additional review of evidence, then ignoring my request to view said 'evidence' in order to defend my case feels down right unlawful, feels like Hirez is an authoritarian dictatorship.

{mod edit}

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I only spent (as well as only intend to spend) $13.97 on this game and I say it is value for money if you don't go over board like you did.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

I admit to have used hacks in other games, offline,online,mmo and have had my fair share of bans too. One time for sticking an eraser on my keyboard on cabal and went to sleep. But all those bans I received were fair, the game companies even sent screenshots of evidence etc.

I would guess right here is your problem, did you wipe your HDD after using other cheats? If not you probably have not removed all trace of them and this is what Hi-Rez have detected.

Many hack programmes are insanely difficult to remove all trace from a HDD, some are seemingly impossible without a complete format.

Seems oddly fair though, you must have gotten away with cheating plenty of times in other games, perhaps karma has finally caught-up with you? Also, pretty much every game which uses anti-cheat software will simply ban you if it's detected, they rarely will discuss it and almost never will they justify themselves and i have never heard of any games company sending out screen-shots to cheats to prove they were cheating with the exception of Mythic one time when they banned an entire guild from DAoC.

Anyway, plead your case to a GM, they might listen.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• sanskritsanskrit Member UncommonPosts: 95

Very sorry to hear, thelover. Not going to out myself, as I keep anonymous ingames and elsewhere :) but I played with you significantly near my leaving the game due to work reasons, and I know you never cheated in GA when we played together during many pve and pvp matches.

Will bet you that the skeleton crew on GA now just bans after getting a certain number of complaints, and since you were so good with that poison medic a LOL non aimbot or any other hack class... there ya go. Good time to get out anyway, bet all the FTP noobs are sucking every ounce of fun out of that game anyway.

GA was a good game, never a great game, and could have been so much better, so hopefully you will find a truly great game to play next. Screw Hirez if that's how they are conducting themselves, skeleton crew or not. If their hack prevention is merely scanning hard drives for artifacts of programs, that's lame, the mere use of the program in their game should shoot up an instant flag. GLHF.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by sanskrit

Very sorry to hear, thelover. Not going to out myself, as I keep anonymous ingames and elsewhere :) but I played with you significantly near my leaving the game due to work reasons, and I know you never cheated in GA when we played together during many pve and pvp matches.

Will bet you that the skeleton crew on GA now just bans after getting a certain number of complaints, and since you were so good with that poison medic a LOL non aimbot or any other hack class... there ya go. Good time to get out anyway, bet all the FTP noobs are sucking every ounce of fun out of that game anyway.

GA was a good game, never a great game, and could have been so much better, so hopefully you will find a truly great game to play next. Screw Hirez if that's how they are conducting themselves, skeleton crew or not. If their hack prevention is merely scanning hard drives for artifacts of programs, that's lame, the mere use of the program in their game should shoot up an instant flag. GLHF.

Last I checked, when HiRez gets claims that someone has been hacking or cheating (cheating could mean a number of things)  but I believe they just do a type of "ride along"  where they watch you play as well as record, or view recorded footage of you.

I've played GA for a while, HiRez is an overall good company,  and while they aren't infallible, I'd say they're still very good about getting those that do cheat as opposed to the ones who don't.

Think about it from their perspective,  if this guy did what he said he did,  and spent that much money over the course of his time playing GA... do you REALLY think HiRez wanted to ban a PAYING customer?  

I would be interested in seeing the evidence too,  but I would have to say,  whatever evidence they had,  it certainly was enough to consider banning you,  and likely not just a case of mistaken identity.  It could be a case that someone hacked your account,  but... hack your account to aimbot?  Not likely.

• 0over00over0 Member UncommonPosts: 488

You got caught--why not just man up and move along?

And my understanding is also that they get notified by either player complaints or their system, and then they play in a team with you anonymously or otherwise observe you.

Apply lemon juice and candle flame here to reveal secret message.

• sanskritsanskrit Member UncommonPosts: 95

So when and how exactly did you "check" that? Not trying to grill, but there have been lots of obvious staffing changes at HR, and who knows how they are actually doing things right now? I played with the guy regularly for a month, and saw no indicia whatsoever of any cheating of any kind. The fact that they didn't specifically address his question about being banned is way fishy to me. I understand if they have some proprietary detection software, but if that's the case they should at least say so.

And as far as banning good paying customers goes, they aren't stupid, they know that banning a player who has been around since near launch and has bought two tokens is likely banning a player who has no reason whatsoever to buy anything else from the cash shop because he already has everything there is to have. No financial incentive not to ban those players.

OTOH, it could be a smart business plan to ban completely built out accounts who are addicted or highly invested in the game because you lose nothing if they leave and stand to gain lots if they start a new account and buy new tokens.

I'm not nearly as confident in the business and customer service aspects of MMOs as you are. Based on significant personal experience, it's more likely that he pissed somebody off ingame who has a connect at HR than actually went through the cheat flag process. The dirty secret of MMOs is that the people who work there all have friends and favoritism is rampant with very little oversight. Most MMOs aren't exactly tightly run businesses with top flight MBA talent monitoring operations.

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Last I checked, when HiRez gets claims that someone has been hacking or cheating (cheating could mean a number of things)  but I believe they just do a type of "ride along"  where they watch you play as well as record, or view recorded footage of you.

• qweasd170qweasd170 Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by Zinzan

I would guess right here is your problem, did you wipe your HDD after using other cheats? If not you probably have not removed all trace of them and this is what Hi-Rez have detected.

Many hack programmes are insanely difficult to remove all trace from a HDD, some are seemingly impossible without a complete format.

Seems oddly fair though, you must have gotten away with cheating plenty of times in other games, perhaps karma has finally caught-up with you? Also, pretty much every game which uses anti-cheat software will simply ban you if it's detected, they rarely will discuss it and almost never will they justify themselves and i have never heard of any games company sending out screen-shots to cheats to prove they were cheating with the exception of Mythic one time when they banned an entire guild from DAoC.

Anyway, plead your case to a GM, they might listen.

If they found a trace of a hack program on your HDD, they've obviously been snooping around, and that could be the base for a lawsuit. Hi-rez shouldn't be going into your personal computer and looking for hacks... or anything else they can find, so if you didn't have a hack program open, Hi-rez should be the one with explaining to do.