Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hype is great n all

WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

But I no longer "wait" for games.  I don't expect this till next year and even then I expect delays.

Comments

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Ok? Good for you?

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• CognitoCognito Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by warmaster670

Ok? Good for you?

Heh, your sarcastic comments seem to plague this site...

Put through the personal paces of my crippled fingers.

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

with the engine possibly complete, planetside should, in theroy have a short development cycle since it does not require the usual quests and npcs and storys. i think we will see beta this year.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I'd be happy if they were, at my age Im tired of continual dissappointment, blatant lies and incomplete systems. Though I did love PS1 and played it for a year till BFRs.

• ed_angered_anger Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I agree. When I think back, Planetside was one of the most intense game experiences I've ever had. But I'm also so used to being burned by developers releasing incomplete broken games, so I'm only allowing myself mild anticipation right now....
  • StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

SOE is notorius for releasing unpolished or incomplete games (see Planetside 1, EQ2, SWG). Let's hope they've learned their lesson and let it cook in the oven the appropriate amount of time.

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

Yeah, love the idea about this game and hope they can live up to it.

Gonna play it, but so much else fun coming in between, so dont mind this coming sometime next year.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Originally posted by Stellus

SOE is notorius for releasing unpolished or incomplete games (see Planetside 1, EQ2, SWG). Let's hope they've learned their lesson and let it cook in the oven the appropriate amount of time.

Doubtful.   I also would like to remind everyone that SOE notoriously neglects their games.  Look at SWG, Vanguard and PS.   PS they went to a skeleton crew almost as soon as the game launched.  Then updates trickled in.   I have no doubt, SOE will treat PS2 the same as they did with PS, they'll just half-arse it enough to keep people playing and eventually just outright stop supporting it.  That is what killed PS for me was the lack of bug fixes, updates and over all neglect by SOE.  Never again though.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Originally posted by Teala

Originally posted by Stellus

Doubtful.   I also would like to remind everyone that SOE notoriously neglects their games.  Look at SWG, Vanguard and PS.   PS they went to a skeleton crew almost as soon as the game launched.  Then updates trickled in.   I have no doubt, SOE will treat PS2 the same as they did with PS, they'll just half-arse it enough to keep people playing and eventually just outright stop supporting it.  That is what killed PS for me was the lack of bug fixes, updates and over all neglect by SOE.  Never again though.

Seen it since EQ and through Planetside, then SWG, and vanguard.  I personally won't boycott SOE in regards to Planetside 2. Or at least I am not letting their track record keep me from following it up until release. Planetside NEXT was originally supposed to be a graphical update to Planetside, and they decide to make a full blown sequel to the best and only mmofps in existence. 

Frankly, there is zero competition in this market for what Planetside has done, and it's been almost been 9 years! The original planetside has bugs but it wasn't as bad as the vibe you give it, especially for 2003. Phoenix noclip is pretty much the worst bug there was to exploit. It's annoying, but the worst will always be the best with this niche of mmofps. Because what it does provide is something you can't find anywhere else. Pretty much what an "MMO" was thought to be.

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

SOE no doubt screewed up SWG and PS, but they saved vanguard. There last 2 games released, while apparently DCUO could still use some work(iv never played it, thats what i hears, its apparently not that bad) and having played free realms, while its a kids game sure, its a very well polished and complete game, probably the best game i have seen at launch ever. I played this game with afew people who hate SOE, and they all feel the same, some of those people still even play the trading card game.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.