Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cool New Interview

ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Comments

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Huh, the only new piece of information I really got from that is that now WvW is apparently two weeks long.

Which is TWICE as long as it was supposed to be last time I heard, so... interesting.

That's actually a pretty epic fight, when you realize 2 hours real time = 1 day game time.

So that's a nearly half year long battle. :D

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by Meowhead

Huh, the only new piece of information I really got from that is that now WvW is apparently two weeks long.

Which is TWICE as long as it was supposed to be last time I heard, so... interesting.

That's actually a pretty epic fight, when you realize 2 hours real time = 1 day game time.

Well its 100% better than what it was before, thats for sure.

A step in the right direction.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Originally posted by Meowhead

Well its 100% better than what it was before, thats for sure.

A step in the right direction.

I agree..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

2 weeks sounds just about right.

1 week seemed a bit hectic, i'd say 2 weeks is fine. they might change it later on tho... it is a bit of a juggling act - if it's too long then the server laddering system might take too long to take hold, if it's too short then you kinda loose the epicness of the thing. a prudent move would be to have 1 week fights for the first month to assess the relative strengths of the servers and then switch to 2+ weeks fights later on imho

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Now if they could just tell us if/when we can get one of them T-shirts.....

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

Originally posted by FlawSGI

Ya, rly.

I think we all want one of those, and this isn't the only board I've seen with people expressing that sentiment, and the surprising thing is that ArenaNet/NCsoft hasn't started rolling out the Guild Wars 2 merchandising bandwagon, yet. They'd clean house.

"Guild Wars 2 the official Engineer FLAMETHROWER™, the kids love this one."

• XithrylXithryl Member UncommonPosts: 256

Perhaps they will give us one with the collector's edition! SAY WHHAAAA!!!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Originally posted by XiThRyL

Perhaps they will give us one with the collector's edition! SAY WHHAAAA!!!!

I hope that is the case  /hint /hint  

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• mainvein33mainvein33 Member Posts: 406

Nice vid.not much new info but a good summary of what is what.

Judging by his comments though all hopes of a 2011 release might be squished. Whther this is really due to worry about finishing  the game (likely) or to do with the standoff theu are in win SWTOR (also likely) it makes me think that we wont see this title out this year. The good thing is the development looks fantastic and I rather them get it right than release early.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by DanMcC

Every copy of GW2 should come with a poster, t-shirt, and a little plastic figure.

And a flamethrower.

And a Nyan Charr.

• KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262

I think ranked WvWvW will be a pretty awesome community buidling tool; guilds banding together in huge groups to clear out battlefields and stuff like that :)

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Good refresher, thanks for the post.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    Good interview, but it's a shame this was the only thing substantial to come out of ComicCon :(

No cons until Germany, and that's in August

Originally posted by star

Good interview, but it's a shame this was the only thing substantial to come out of ComicCon :(

Errr... ComicCon hasn't even started.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Thanks for putting the vid up. Most of it was stuff we already knew, but it was short and sweet and got right to the points.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

Originally posted by Alot

afk pulling my foot out of my mouth >_>

been following twitter, and it seemed like it had <_<

<_<

>_>

YAY COMICON SOON!

Originally posted by Alot

afk pulling my foot out of my mouth >_>

been following twitter, and it seemed like it had <_<

<_<

>_>

YAY COMICON SOON!

And hopefully we shall see Sylvari footagez and screenshotz. : )

• JonsusJonsus Member UncommonPosts: 175

Right at the end of the interview before the dragon scene he is talking about how they want the game to come out when its done, and not be rushed... that its important for them to produce something of AAA quality thats super polished.

God I love Arenanet.

They have my support and my hard earned $.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

A two week cycle is a great idea. Lineage 2 also uses a 2 week cycle and though I only played the game for a few months it seemed to be a great system. People who can only play on the weekend didn't feel like they had to be pvping every weekend, It allowed folks to have a breather. of course in that game the territory war was not active all the time as it sounds like it will be in this game but still, two weeks sounds just right. I just hope the worlds are not separated out by region being able to conduct an ongoing, round the clock siege that can be handed off to the next timezone region could make this sort of thing even more epic.

All die, so die well.