Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interesting game but would give it another 12 month

grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

This is basically eve on land, in a lot of good ways. I won't spoil the good parts, especialy if you are an ex eve player I think you will enjoy this.

BUT.... big BUT...

Game is not ready yet. The game client is far from stable, a lot of people have memory leaks and regular crashes which is no good for an open pvp game. There are a lot of times where you just know that in 6 months time something silly will be phased out and people will have a much easier time playing because X-Y-Z is un-necessary, there aren't that many bots to choose from or zones for that matter. It's like playing an alpha you love.

--
Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

Comments

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

But if you did leave it 12 months, you'd probably say... wish I hadnt of left it 12 months.

Though, there isnt anything wrong with what you say.  I would say however that ive seen 300 man battles on this 6 month old game with less lag than you get on Eve.  So its not really fair to say that the lag makes it an illegitimate pvp game when Eve is worse.

They do however a few memory issues at the moment, which are frustrating when it causes a ctd... but lag?.. no.

• SraikSraik Member Posts: 23

I guess my take is; the game is currently enjoyable in its current format and has a time-based skill system =>

If you try it and enjoy it (like I did), may as well NOT wait to sub.  The advice to wait implies that you have confidence in the direction the Devs are taking the game.  If that is the case, my feeling is that it is better to be along for the ride to get to the improvements 12 months from now (I have already notice improvement in the 2 weeks I have been there).

Personally, I thought it was worth a sub and hope that the devs will use some of my cash to realize some of their goal in working on the game.  Others may not share this opinion...that's fine.

Also;

• Lag not too bad

• Industry system seems cool so far

• Grind doesn't seem as soul-destroying as EvE

• The way terrain is used is quite cool
  • SaracorSaracor Member UncommonPosts: 8

I see these types of posts all the time. The client is unstable, crashes, etc. I really don't know what kind of machine people are playing on but I never see it crash. I've had maybe a couple of instances of inordinate lag when teleporting (and once an error box popped up) but in the two weeks I've been playing, I haven't had any issues. It runs fine and while the latency isn't great (200ms or so) it rarely lags.

So far, this game has been fun (more so than EVE has been for me) and easy to learn. The tutorials are well done and give you what you need to start out. The help channel really does help people out as well. Worth the time to give it a try (free for 15 days and then $10 for a month).