Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the hell! :(

Comments

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Originally posted by Teala

5 levels one dungeon after just one run?  I do not believe this for one second.

I agree not even with BOA gear please OP lets get the facts right.

• HachiroHachiro Member Posts: 92

Originally posted by Vulsko
    What happend to the challenge in this game? Me and my friend came back for Rage of the Firelands and we started new toons on a New Players realm. These are our experiences.

We created Troll characters, got to the quest where you had to capture "Swifty" and return him to the pen. Well, he only respawned once, and we didn't see him again after standing around for 30 minutes. So we quit for the day.

The next day we made Tauren characters, we got to level 15 in 2 hours of casual gameplay, as in; taking breaks, eating dinner, messing around in Thunderbluff, ect. At level 15, we did one dungeon finder and after that we were level 20.

5 levels in one dungeon? :( That kind of sucks, I remember it used to be like 2-3 runs for 16-18 back in the days of actually having to run to the dungeon. It's no fun when it's like that. :/

Anyone else have this dissappointing experience?

Sorry but i don't believe a word. 5 levels in one dungeon not possible.

Heso o kamedomo oyobanu -- Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

• VulskoVulsko Member Posts: 80

5 levels in one dungeon rather you'd like to believe it or not. At the end of the dungeon I was awarded 5 dungeon quest completes and that gained my fifth level.

I'm not a basher, I'm enjoying the game; it's just way to easy, whether you die hard fan boys want to admit it or not; thinking you are an elitist because you are level 85 in this game. Sorry; it's just way to easy compared to other MMOs that actually present a challenge.

15-20; Deadmines. No RAF; No BOA. I healed a tank through the monsters, we killed a majority of them, we did all theq uests for the first time in that dungeon. Sorry folks, but it's the truth if you'd like to admit to it or not. :)

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

lol!why you think blizzard put lock level in place!because that way you can experience it all without feeling op.want to exp x dungeon at barelly the minimum req for it ,just lock your level and go for it!the speedy gonzales pace is for player wanting to go raid not next year but next week!

• HachiroHachiro Member Posts: 92

5 levels in one dungeon rather you'd like to believe it or not. At the end of the dungeon I was awarded 5 dungeon quest completes and that gained my fifth level.

I'm not a basher, I'm enjoying the game; it's just way to easy, whether you die hard fan boys want to admit it or not; thinking you are an elitist because you are level 85 in this game. Sorry; it's just way to easy compared to other MMOs that actually present a challenge.

15-20; Deadmines. No RAF; No BOA. I healed a tank through the monsters, we killed a majority of them, we did all theq uests for the first time in that dungeon. Sorry folks, but it's the truth if you'd like to admit to it or not. :)

You are not a basher yet you are generalizing those who refuse to believe you? labeling them fanboys and elitists? come on man you are not the only one who is playing WOW at the moment so please stop exaggerating. No one gives a damn if someone is level 85, it is about you and posting false statements.

Heso o kamedomo oyobanu -- Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

So does every dungeon have quests in them now? Like at the start? Say I'm doing Wailing Caverns... are those quests still outside in that cave on top of the entrance or are they inside WC with no pre questing required?

It's an honest question, I havent played WoW for maybe half a year but I havent leveled a char from scratch in WoW in maybe 3 years O_o.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

You can turn your XP off for 10 gold in the capital. Problem solved. If you want a challenge, run the dungeons with just you and your friend instead of using the Dungeon Finder. There are always ways to create your own challenge. Use your imagination.

hehe. I surprised they didnt give you the option to roll a level 85 character. Might as well
    I'm sure that will be available in the near future. It will likely cost over $25, I imagine.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• MenocareMenocare Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Teala

5 levels one dungeon after just one run?  I do not believe this for one second.

he/she is probably using refer a friend either with a friend or multiboxing then yes it is very possible you get like 300 % xp or something like that. If not , I would then agree with you.

• Tylerbrown13Tylerbrown13 Member UncommonPosts: 48

If he had rest XP its easily possible i think. With 5 BoA gear items i have gotten 3 levels in a dungeon with no quest. With Rest XP you get about the same bonus mabie even alittle more.  But easily 5 levels with quest and rest XP.

Tbrown, Love me or die!

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524

Leveling was never supposed to be hard. This is especially true for games that focus on the end-game.

Originally posted by ormstunga

So does every dungeon have quests in them now? Like at the start? Say I'm doing Wailing Caverns... are those quests still outside in that cave on top of the entrance or are they inside WC with no pre questing required?

It's an honest question, I havent played WoW for maybe half a year but I havent leveled a char from scratch in WoW in maybe 3 years O_o.

They're inside the dungeon now.

Eleanor Rigby.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Originally posted by ormstunga

To answer your question yes dungeons do have quests inside and I actually did not believe it at first. (see prior post) But it adds up now with double xp give to noobs who duel box there account or play with a friend also with BOA gear I can actually see it now.

To make a reply on your not playing WoW for a half a year and not lvl a toon in 3 DON'T you better off not coming back. I myself am only playing to kill time I obtain my last time card 2 weeks ago ya I know stupid me. After the time is up I AM OUT OF WoW forever!!!!!!

Here is the kicker Im lvl up a Shammy and my time is up on Sept 11th ya I know huh. Anyways Since its a healer class I'll have no prob getting into raids and running whatever for Val pts for my T11 gear I know i can top my shammy out gear wise before my game card is up and at that point one pic then post to these forums then delete the toon. I cant wait. I'll prob post to battlenet. for kicks and grins.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Add me in to the list of disbelievers, 5 levels even in Dead mines, with the way they nerfed the amount of monsters in that dungeon.  Simply impossible.  Unless you have a linked account which you state you do not.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by Kaocan

Originally posted by Bunkafish

Level 15 to 20. You guys are rediculous if you think I'm lying.. there are 5 dungeon quests at the beginning of Deadmines that I got before. Completeling those, and the dungeon, I was level 20.

Jesus, if you guys are going to be all defensive and say I'm lying, that proves your fanbois. We're trying the game..

you're lying that's why your getting all defensive and trying to justify what you said. It was probably more like 2 levels. 

Anyways you're basing a game that's been around for 6 years on levels 15-20 on how hard it is?

did you eat paint chips when you were a kid/ or now?

I think the OP is spot on. Read all the posts following and the only thing you are all complaining about is the technicallity of one comment that he couldn't possibly get 5 levels from one dungeons run. But does that even really matter? You CAN get to level 15 in about 2 hours of VERY casual game play now, you CAN get to level 85 in 7-10 days of the same casual game play.

And yet all you guys are diggin on is that fact he said you could get 5 levels from one dungeon. Thats like him saying the freakin house is on fire and it started on the concrete patio and the only detail you care about is the concrete can't burn. WHO CARES, THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!! You get it yet? If I can start a new toon in WoW today, put in 60 hour work week, 8 hours sleep a night, and still be 85 by the same time next week....thats the problem. Really, who gives a crap about if you can get 5 levels in a single dungeon run.

WoW has become what it was designed to be, and END GAME game. They should do what GW did with thier PvP - let you start at cap at character creation and give you the OPTION of doing the PvE for the 1-84 levels. Right now all they have done is force you to do the stuff they themselves care nothing about, the filler.

No, the OP is spot on for sure, WoW is no longer a game where the journey WAS the game, now its all END GAME...the rest has become window dressing. And not a single one of you can dispute that fact.

Amen. The OP point is how easy the game has become COMPARED to the way it was in the past. Despite whether some dungeon gave him 2,3,4 or 5 levels. I don't think most can successfully argue the fact that the game is less challenging...though many will gladly try ...screaming  triumphantly no matter how absurdly they present their case.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Guys seriously. . he said his first character was a TROLL!

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• FigureFigure Member Posts: 128

Leveling from 1 to 15 in WoW has never taken more than an hour for most players who have done it before.  If you're suddenly realizing how easy it is, then previously, you weren't as effective at this task as you clearly are now.

Currently Watching: TSW. << Very Eager for a Beta invite. Have experience with Beta Testing.
    Not personally a big fan of raiding or current pve endgame mmo philosophy. Nothing wrong with it, I just sort of burnt out on it.
    Hardcore raider in wow from Launch to.. about 7 months ago.
    Currently Playing: Champions Online.

• JoarnajJoarnaj Member Posts: 258

Assuming the OP was 1 xp from level 16 when he started he would still need 68,500 xp to get through levels 16-19 and ding 20. The 5 horde quests available for Deadmines, which the OP said he was in, bring in 4470 xp, leaving 64,030 necessary from mob kills. Even if all the mobs in Deadmines were elite (they are not) and even if all of them ranged between levels 16-20 (they do not) and assuming the OP is running with 4 players instead of 5 which is possible the OP would have been getting in the neighborhood of 95 xp per kill, meaning he would have needed 721 mobs to get to 20. So his assertion about getting 5 levels in one run is not possible without bugs (random mobs giving outrageous xp have been reported.)

I'm also a bit curious about the 2 hour run to 15 with a dinner break. Even since Cata getting to 20 in under 10 hours is not the norm.

That said, the OP seems earnest enough. He may be remembering wrong or may have hit a few random xp bugs or something without noticing. The best I can tell you, OP, is that 5 levels in 1 Deadmines run is not normal and will probably never happen for you again.

I was pleasantly surprised when I went from Apprentice to full 5 star Elite in under 2 months. I was pleasantly surprised again when I went from Elite to just barely Hardcore in 2 weeks. Apprentice, here I come!

Originally posted by Figure

Leveling from 1 to 15 in WoW has never taken more than an hour for most players who have done it before.  If you're suddenly realizing how easy it is, then previously, you weren't as effective at this task as you clearly are now.

Not true. I perfected leveling to 20 after bc launched (because I was a freak that way) and found that getting to level 10 usually took just under 2 hours. I got a Warlock to 20 in just under 10 hours and was the only person I knew who had done it that fast.

I was pleasantly surprised when I went from Apprentice to full 5 star Elite in under 2 months. I was pleasantly surprised again when I went from Elite to just barely Hardcore in 2 weeks. Apprentice, here I come!

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,072

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

hehe. I surprised they didnt give you the option to roll a level 85 character. Might as well :)

Or better yet just remove levels entirely and just change mob difficulty accordingly.That way you could pick and choose what you wanted to fight when no matter how long you been playing.Maybe mix some easier and harder mobs in there but leave it to trial and error to find the ones you can solo and make note of the ones you might need some help with.

I don't think I've ever known someone who, after their first playthrough to max level, was unable to get to, at the very least, level 12 in an hour.   The majority would push 14-15 in that timeframe, but the stragglers could always at least hit 12.  

Break it down like this.  That's 60 minutes from creation to 12.  In that time you're doing about 40 quests or about 1.2 minutes a quest. 

Eversong woods was so down pat for me that I'd often leave it in the time it takes to order a pizza and have it delivered. (I've clocked this before).  If you're moving directly from quest to quest with no pausing, it will happen.  Don't 'do a quest, then turn it in immediately'.  A lot of the time in ESW, I wouldn't even train for 3-4 levels at a stretch because I was simply executing all the quests in the area before turn in.

A partner (of almost any level, but a higher one helps) makes this task even quicker as the 'kill' quests become nearly neglible. (This particularly speeds up about 1/4th of the process.

Currently Watching: TSW. << Very Eager for a Beta invite. Have experience with Beta Testing.
    Not personally a big fan of raiding or current pve endgame mmo philosophy. Nothing wrong with it, I just sort of burnt out on it.

I don't think I've ever known someone who, after their first playthrough to max level, was unable to get to, at the very least, level 12 in an hour.   The majority would push 14-15 in that timeframe, but the stragglers could always at least hit 12.  

Break it down like this.  That's 60 minutes from creation to 12.  In that time you're doing about 40 quests or about 1.2 minutes a quest. 

Eversong woods was so down pat for me that I'd often leave it in the time it takes to order a pizza and have it delivered. (I've clocked this before).  If you're moving directly from quest to quest with no pausing, it will happen.  Don't 'do a quest, then turn it in immediately'.  A lot of the time in ESW, I wouldn't even train for 3-4 levels at a stretch because I was simply executing all the quests in the area before turn in.

A partner (of almost any level, but a higher one helps) makes this task even quicker as the 'kill' quests become nearly neglible. (This particularly speeds up about 1/4th of the process.

That doesn't even make sense. Currently in WoW you need 35,200 xp total to get to level 10. How is a character supposed to earn 587 xp PER MINUTE between levels 1 and 10?

Quest Turn ins.  From a raw grind perspective, it's impossible, but questing changes the math considerably and you should know this.  There's about 40 quests standing between character gen and leaving eversong woods.  Each one shouldn't take longer than a minute, and some of them can be done congruently allowing you to waste time on others.  The quest reward XP at low levels is very high in relationship to the xp per kill.

Seriously, there's people who go from 1-70 in a week.  (I know, because I've done it for a pretty important bet at the time) and crazier people who do it in a day and a half /played.  Granted I did this on a warlock when BC first hit and SL/SL was rather OP and a level 20 lock could level tailoring while not sacrificing dps while levelling, but still, the point generally stands.  My friend (who I made the bet with) still tells the story of how I entered Hellfire Peninsula still wearing the Feline Mantle. (a dungeon drop from SFK at around 20 or so).

Leveling in this game has never been hard or challenging, to make a complaint otherwise sort of ignores this game's history.

• Billybob2006Billybob2006 Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by Joarnaj

That doesn't even make sense. Currently in WoW you need 35,200 xp total to get to level 10. How is a character supposed to earn 587 xp PER MINUTE between levels 1 and 10?

He did say eversong woods.  I know for a fact that leveling in the Blood Elf zones was much faster than the classic zones.  However, anyone who claims to have reached level 15 in under an hour even in vanilla either did a nice job cheating or is lying.  

@OP:  This thread is a perfect example of why not to exagerate a point that people would otherwise fully agree with you.  Any sane person will not argue that WoW's difficulty has been dramaticly reduced over the years, including time required to level. However, five levels is a bit much to believe without rested bonus (you made it seem like this all happen during the same day, so thats not in play), BoA gear (no mention of that, but I am assuming you don't have it), or Recruit-a-Friend xp bonus (which you said you don't have).  However, this issue aside, your overall point is correct.  

• VulskoVulsko Member Posts: 80

We re-rolled characters on a new server, I got to level 20 again in the deadmines, no strings attached. Maybe I should do it again. At the end of the dungeon; are you supposed to recieve around 37,000 exp? This seems to be a huge factor in the leveling boost.

• KendaneKendane Member UncommonPosts: 225

We re-rolled characters on a new server, I got to level 20 again in the deadmines, no strings attached. Maybe I should do it again. At the end of the dungeon; are you supposed to recieve around 37,000 exp? This seems to be a huge factor in the leveling boost.

Dunno you could also fraps it maybe?  Or take screen shots or something?  You might be getting some sort of xp bonus you're not aware of, or maybe they recently bumped the xp?

Either way, I do believe that WoW, and some peoples view on mmos in general, is focused on the end game.  It could be the reason why people are skeptical of SWTOR or are concerned about how much raid content an upcoming mmo has before its even out, ignoring everything else.

• dookedoodookedoo Member Posts: 40

Originally posted by Joarnaj

Assuming the OP was 1 xp from level 16 when he started he would still need 68,500 xp to get through levels 16-19 and ding 20. The 5 horde quests available for Deadmines, which the OP said he was in, bring in 4470 xp, leaving 64,030 necessary from mob kills. Even if all the mobs in Deadmines were elite (they are not) and even if all of them ranged between levels 16-20 (they do not) and assuming the OP is running with 4 players instead of 5 which is possible the OP would have been getting in the neighborhood of 95 xp per kill, meaning he would have needed 721 mobs to get to 20. So his assertion about getting 5 levels in one run is not possible without bugs (random mobs giving outrageous xp have been reported.)

I'm also a bit curious about the 2 hour run to 15 with a dinner break. Even since Cata getting to 20 in under 10 hours is not the norm.

That said, the OP seems earnest enough. He may be remembering wrong or may have hit a few random xp bugs or something without noticing. The best I can tell you, OP, is that 5 levels in 1 Deadmines run is not normal and will probably never happen for you again.

I usually don't interject in threads like this, but I was able to hit 20 5-6 hours tops just by grinding in vanilla and bc.  Yeah...