Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF MMO ~ coming from AION...

khubanikhubani Member Posts: 32

Hi,

I currently play AION, with a geared out toon, and PvP all the time - but its boring now.  PvP is fun, just not in AION anymore.

What I'm seeking in a game is:

-Graphically Appealing/Eye-Candy

-Developed PvP & or Open World PvP System

-Possibly Hack 'n Slash/Arcade Style MMO (it doesn't have to be)

Games that match some of the criteria:

-AION

-Blade & Soul

-Rusty Hearts (possibly...hasn't been released)

-Vindictus Online

-TERA (?)

-2Moons (sorta..the fighting style was cool.)

Games that I wouldn't want suggested and/or pretty much don't captivate me:

-Silkroad Online

-Mythwars

-WoW

-RIFT

-Warhammer

-GuildWars

-Lineage II

I'm sure this has painted a pretty good picture as to what game I am seeking to get into, I can keep an open mind, but most games I've seen are just an absolute waste of temporary disk space on my HDD to even give a chance at viewing on YouTube. 

I don't mind paying monthly!  Cash shop games were never easy to progress in.

Comments

• ender67ender67 Member Posts: 17

Maybe you could check Age of Conan. It has one of the best graphics , interesting melee combat, it's F2P and it has the quality of an AAA title. Of course you have to subscribe to have the full benefits but I think that you could use this Fremium option as an extend trial.

• getonagetona Member UncommonPosts: 98

The thing with aion is it work's on the KR and Chinese Server, NA there is not enough people to start doing real open world pvp because people are affraid of losing AP (imo broken mechanics), fortress siege.

So u want..

-Good Graphics

-Developed PVP / Open World PVP

- Fast  Combat

Well Tera KR is not Open World PVP atm and the PVP system is alright. The Combat is very slow, you spend 20 minutes killing a elite mob. (alot of bots and pvp trading going on in korean servers)

-Dragon Nest got good PVP arena, the graphics are anime. and its Free 2 Play. No open World PVP. keep in mind it cash shop like facebook games u gotta recharge to play more.

-If you havnt play WoW i would suggest you play it,  the pvp combat is the best in MMO no grindfest, there is Open World PVP in some PVP Servers. Keep in mind that World PVP is not meaning full its like getting 15 AP per kill in Aion. It's more for E-peen  ganking or invade enemy city and kill their Leaders. WoW End-game got real PVP, Open World PVP Zone (Rewarding), Battlegrounds, Arenas & Rated BGs.

- Age of Conan (F2P) Hardcore PVP server (Blood & Glory), you can give that game a try there is open world pvp that is meaningles other then ganking. there is Battlegrounds & Castle Siege. Good Western Graphics but broken PVP mechanics. I gave this game a try but after level 27 the game went down hill, i got bored doing quests!

IMO, i think WoW is the best PVP game on the market, it got  best End-Game, constant hotfixs, lots of content. Raids, Party etc.

After you play WoW a while the graphics are actually better then Aion's (Eye get used to it). Super fluid, good Aesthetics.

watch this video clip 6mins+ http://youtu.be/MDI0k_fcen0

Good luck! tell us what you deciced to play :)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Age of Conan is the first game you should try out. Open PvP, great graphics and at least more arcady combat than most of the games, even though that wont say much.

It just became F2P so there is no cost in checking it out.

If that doesn't work out for you, you could get into the APB beta, it looks great, have open PvP and is more FPSS styled. The missions get somewhat repetetive though.

• khubanikhubani Member Posts: 32

Hi,

Thanks for your responses guys. I have tried out WoW before, but I quit in my 30's, I just couldn't stand the graphics engine and lack of flashy animations - its just too cartoony for me.  With respect to Age of Conan, I have seen YouTube videos (of course, these videos never are promising since most people who post videos are too incompetent to unveil its actual gameplay and essence of the game), but I never saw anything interesting.  Does anyone have an Age of Conan video I can look at that really grasps the concepts and visuals of the game? I would appreciate it.

Furthermore, AION's NA Servers are continually failing, most reputable players have quit, and all that's left is zerging in Gelkmaros and Inggison...the game's dead, and I only logon to play with one or two people, and most legions are already established and my reputation is horrible.  I chose it to have it this way, so I don't have to deal with the drama that's attached to the MMO.  NCSoft has given Asmos an incentive program to receive up to 7 plats per month for taking the Upper Abyss - and Elyos are trading those forts to them to re-stimulate PvP.  It won't work.

Back on topic - I am currently awaiting for Rusty Hearts, which should be coming out in closed beta soon.  TERA doesn't sound promising if this is what's happening in the Korean version.  Blade & Soul looks like a solo game with little player interaction, and Guild Wars 2 (don't flame me here, that's not what I'm here for!) reminds me a bit of WoW as far as the interface/casting skills aspect goes, but everything else looks really well developed.

So, I am once again, at a loss - I really do not know what game I should be playing. I've looked at Rohan: Blood Feud, Vindictus, Lunia, Silkroad, CABAL - heck, even this dumb ad for Runes of Magic just over to my left on this page. Help!

• neosurfeurneosurfeur Member UncommonPosts: 193

seriously there nothing after aion T_T i left becuase of theRNG system suck so much but i miss dred and open pvp and fort T_T .... with that style of game play and deepness in skill.. .

ive got this maybe ill try it ...

http://r2online.webzen.com/event/Teaser/

• emolithemolith Member Posts: 29

Aika online? it has a grind too.

Originally posted by emolith
    Aika online? it has a grind too.

the matter is not to have grind !!

ITS chemistry with skill / animation / quality / REAL PVP more than arenan and controled...

<- that loook awesome continent of the ninth in pvp ( sitll arena, but if it get open world .. )