Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Proposal...?

Ok here is the Deal we all love this game anyone who has ever played it gennerally loves this game. THe problem is when people log on and there is low pop they are discouraged so they log off its a vicious cycle....

WHAT I PROPOSE

Tonight at 7pm EST anyone who has ever played LOG INTO THE GAME AT 7pm EST OVERLOAD THE DAMN SERVERS

once this happens there will be plenty of people on at the same time enticing you to stay and play another day.

What this will also do is force Sony to react if we can overload the server day after day they will add devs to the game and put a second thought into vanguard Make sense?

The Key here is give SOE a reason to work on Vanguard again.

so those of you myself included who have logged on and then logged out and put it on the shelves and continue to check in...

We have to log on and stay on! to make this happen. agree?

Comments

• jjjk29jjjk29 Member Posts: 295

To add devs to the game means the game needs to bring in money to pay the devs....

• Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323

This sounds rediculous.

I will be there.

=D

• DizzlerDizzler Member Posts: 231

Hence if everyone logs on people will stay and pay to play...

You would have to do this for months.  By getting people to play will just cause the servers to grow slightly in population for a small time then go back down to low.  Which is something SOE is used to.

Well JJ thats the beauty the game is awesome once people log on with others on to play with they will stay on... think about it

if you logged on got a group had a good time you would most likely log back on and play again this would seriously become the 

"RELAUNCH OF VANGUARD" but it is up to us the players to demand it.

whats happeneing now is people are logging on with no one else and logging off. we got to change that and in a few months SOE will think twice on Vanguard

No I see what your saying.  But for them to even hire an additional dev would take upwards of 60k due to market value.  They could always bring in a freelancer.  

For you to try to get everyone to log in at a given time is very ambitious, and you would need a set date rather than tonight at 7.  SWG is closing Dec 12?  I think, but I may be wrong.  It will have more players playing the day is closes than anytime since pre-NGE.

Ya your right, but have to start somewhere right...

60k of revenue would be 4000 players which i think is Very "doable" and that would be one month.

• GavendaGavenda Member Posts: 24

I agree that Vanguard is an awesome game, I have had it since Beta but just cancelled for the 3rd time last night.  3 weeks of seeing no more then 1 person at a time every othr day is ridiculous.  There is no hope of adventuring most of the content at level, and being in a guild does nothing since the players are concerned with high level stuff and you are just a number.

Heck, I finally got the hang of diplo and was loving it but there is just no way I will play in a vacuum.   Good luck, I really will be back if anything changes, but I can't stand it for now.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

LoL op you know nothing about soe servers.   You log in an overload a zone, the server just spins up an additional zone automatically.   Max zones for the server use to be 60 players per zone.   Even if you got everybody to log in it they would all wind up in separate zones due to how soe zones on that server spin up.   It would take over 200k players to sign in to overload the current server.

As far as adding extra dev staff they don't even have one working on it. It is all being supported by the eq1 and eq2 dev staff.

I just laugh at the idea you think you can get 200k players to log in, much less the normal supported ones of 140k over at eq2 per server.

Gavanda you are doing exactly what is causing the problem! C MON Man/woman! lol

Help us bring it back Log on tonight i will group with you!

ill even start from level 1

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

there have been several attempts to 'revitalise' Vanguard, at least by the players, but ... while Vanguard had the potential to be a much better game than EQ2... the work just wasnt put into it.. as a result.. Vanguard is just a case of wishful thinking.. and with so many games out there that don't need all that work on them.. (and arent SOE games either...) its hard to see why the effort should be made... again.... to try and revive what can only really be described as.. a dead horse..  i do feel sorry for those that are still playing it..  but dragging things on isnt going to improve matters..  Vanguards fate is.. sadly.. beyond question. image

Originally posted by erictlewis

LoL op you know nothing about soe servers.   You log in an overload a zone, the server just spins up an additional zone automatically.   Max zones for the server use to be 60 players per zone.   Even if you got everybody to log in it they would all wind up in separate zones due to how soe zones on that server spin up.   It would take over 200k players to sign in to overload the current server.

As far as adding extra dev staff they don't even have one working on it. It is all being supported by the eq1 and eq2 dev staff.

I just laugh at the idea you think you can get 200k players to log in, much less the normal supported ones of 140k over at eq2 per server.

Theres one in every crowd isnt there?... way to take that litterally.

Originally posted by Phry

there have been several attempts to 'revitalise' Vanguard, at least by the players, but ... while Vanguard had the potential to be a much better game than EQ2... the work just wasnt put into it.. as a result.. Vanguard is just a case of wishful thinking.. and with so many games out there that don't need all that work on them.. (and arent SOE games either...) its hard to see why the effort should be made... again.... to try and revive what can only really be described as.. a dead horse..  i do feel sorry for those that are still playing it..  but dragging things on isnt going to improve matters..  Vanguards fate is.. sadly.. beyond question.

If you didnt love this game too you wouldnt be on this forum!!! C MON MAN EVERYONE DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE!

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Unfortunately the game was bad at release, and still is pretty bad.  Which is play players don't play it.  I've given it multiple chances and it lets me down... Just not enjoyable.

I'm very suprised this game is still up and running, must be enough players to pay the bills.  The second the population drops below the required limit they will kill it swiftly! 

Best I can tell they pull all the developers and the game is just... done.

You pay a monthly fee for nothing, no new content, no support...

Its funny to see so many people Stalking this forum 1000's of people making post here on a daily basis...

YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING! GET ON VANGUARD!

• NeverdyneNeverdyne Member Posts: 167

A word of advice, next time set a date at least a week away from the date of your post, since it is not enough time for people to read your post and log the same day. 

Originally posted by Painlezz

Unfortunately the game was bad at release, and still is pretty bad.  Which is play players don't play it.  I've given it multiple chances and it lets me down... Just not enjoyable.

I'm very suprised this game is still up and running, must be enough players to pay the bills.  The second the population drops below the required limit they will kill it swiftly! 

Best I can tell they pull all the developers and the game is just... done.

You pay a monthly fee for nothing, no new content, no support...

Painlezz... WHere there is a will there is a Way.   with player support this game can make it im telling you! If Vanguard is gonna go out LET IT GO OUT WITH A BANG!

Originally posted by Neverdyne

A word of advice, next time set a date at least a week away from the date of your post, since it is not enough time for people to read your post and log the same day. 

I agree with  you 100% this was a out of the blue thing and will attempt again at a later date im sure BUT neverdyne, this post has only been up for like 10 mins and workin on its 3rd page.. that does show something of the interest of vanguard.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by justtires

there have been several attempts to 'revitalise' Vanguard, at least by the players, but ... while Vanguard had the potential to be a much better game than EQ2... the work just wasnt put into it.. as a result.. Vanguard is just a case of wishful thinking.. and with so many games out there that don't need all that work on them.. (and arent SOE games either...) its hard to see why the effort should be made... again.... to try and revive what can only really be described as.. a dead horse..  i do feel sorry for those that are still playing it..  but dragging things on isnt going to improve matters..  Vanguards fate is.. sadly.. beyond question.

If you didnt love this game too you wouldnt be on this forum!!! C MON MAN EVERYONE DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE!

second chance??

i thought by now we were at least into double figures image

Originally posted by justtires

second chance??

i thought by now we were at least into double figures image

I love you... now log on

Originally posted by Torvaldr

there have been several attempts to 'revitalise' Vanguard, at least by the players, but ... while Vanguard had the potential to be a much better game than EQ2... the work just wasnt put into it.. as a result.. Vanguard is just a case of wishful thinking.. and with so many games out there that don't need all that work on them.. (and arent SOE games either...) its hard to see why the effort should be made... again.... to try and revive what can only really be described as.. a dead horse..  i do feel sorry for those that are still playing it..  but dragging things on isnt going to improve matters..  Vanguards fate is.. sadly.. beyond question. image

I tried to give VG a go more than a couple times.  If I'm going to play that sort of game I'll just stick with EQ2x.  I honestly feel it's beyond redemption.

SoE should just shut it down and focus on their upcoming games.  I wish, for the people playing the game, Sony would sell it to an indie developer/publisher, but they'll never do that.  So yah, just let it go.  It's horrible watching something that had such potential die an ugly slow death

Torvaldr... Log on the vanguard and talk to me about EQ2 in General chat =)

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Precisely.  Instead of a Flash-Mob, this is what you can expect.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd8ppk0UCx8

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

Precisely.  Instead of a Flash-Mob, this is what you can expect.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd8ppk0UCx8

that actually made me LOL... and i hate you for it. Cmon you love the game see you at 7pm EST  

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

I really enjoyed the connection...  ahahaha

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I'll do it. No sweat. I'm not interested in grouping wiht anyone but will gladly log on at 7pm and play for a bit.

As far as "no one plays it" that's not true at all. There are not only people playing it but people loving it.

The issue (well, one of the issues) is that this type of game doesn't speak to many people. But it does speak to some people.

One of the other issues is that because it doesn't get a lot of love from SOE, players are retticent to play it due to the fear that the game will be closed down any time.

Interesting enough, apparently Sony has been speaking about the game and something is going to be coming down the pike for it. I'm sure it won't be ground breaking but it will be "something".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo