Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First time back since early 2010...What have I missed?

PabswikkPabswikk Member Posts: 108

One thing I've always hated is trying to get back into an MMO but feeling somewhat out of the loop with terms of content updates/ story development.

Will I find it hard to get back into this game? Also, how is the grind now? Has the game improved much?

Comments

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

the xp curve its very nerfed so you will max levels faster, grind its only on top 50's for gear , because gear in aion really maters ,

New instances, solo instances, better and more drops, more kinah, better craft stuff, dailys, and the very best of all features, mentor system that really works, (boost in other games)

try it in a nice populated server and you will not regret

• injunuityinjunuity Member Posts: 4

from my attempted return, you'll want to roll Asmodia on Is, or some such server with lots on it. you'll have better chances of getting things done, and that's what the orginal game dev's favor over elyos it seems. i went elyos and wasn't getting near the benefits i was as asmo side. even on a server w/o the asmo leveling buffs. more quests to boost what an asmo can do, and more abils that aren't available on elyos side.

crafting is great for the work orders as when it was originally released, while being able to get recips from the vendor, or via mob drops, dependind on your patience and how deep the kinah pockets are for you.

combat is pretty click n go, depending on your role,  tho i haven't reached endgame content, from what i hear my legion members go thru, i'm not sure i want to now.

my recommendation, avoid most korean made games, and the way it's looking, most f2p games. wow's the long standing one for most to go against. than when guildwars 2 comes out i think most will leave aion for it.

just my food for thought on aion.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897
    Just wanted to add that the asmo bias doesn't hold true on the NA servers as all of them are elyos dominated

The surveys given when you level help out treamendously. It's basically a pop up with a paragraph or two of advice for you current level and includes a reward such as armor, pots, weapons etc. I found them so beneficial that I retired my level 25 glad and restarted a new glad. I was able to exceed that level very quickly and ended up with 10x the kinah then my old glad had and much better gear from surveys

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Pabswikk

One thing I've always hated is trying to get back into an MMO but feeling somewhat out of the loop with terms of content updates/ story development.

Will I find it hard to get back into this game? Also, how is the grind now? Has the game improved much?

Duh, wrong forum, I am tired. Not that much have changed really.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

Originally posted by pedrostrik

the xp curve its very nerfed so you will max levels faster, grind its only on top 50's for gear , because gear in aion really maters ,

New instances, solo instances, better and more drops, more kinah, better craft stuff, dailys, and the very best of all features, mentor system that really works, (boost in other games)

try it in a nice populated server and you will not regret

gotta agree with this.

to OP:

well if u havent played for so long then u will definitely see the changes. especially in lvlin, drop rates etc.

u can just read some threads here where ppl say they got to lvl 35+ in few days..just remember how hard it was at the beginnin.

u can try the trial and take a look at it..its much better then trust the gibberish what ppl usually write on forums.

one more advice: join a legion and also ask the ppl to help u with the mentor system. u will see u will love it.

• injunuityinjunuity Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

Just wanted to add that the asmo bias doesn't hold true on the NA servers as all of them are elyos dominated The surveys given when you level help out treamendously. It's basically a pop up with a paragraph or two of advice for you current level and includes a reward such as armor, pots, weapons etc. I found them so beneficial that I retired my level 25 glad and restarted a new glad. I was able to exceed that level very quickly and ended up with 10x the kinah then my old glad had and much better gear from surveys

it definitely holds true ont he NA servers, i was on israphel elyos > asmo >elyos, and siel (asmo only) and it's nightmare vs orgasm in difference for elyos vs asmo. i spent about 2-3hrs tetting out of poeta compared to about 1-2hrs thru Ishalgen. both trying on mage > sm on each server. even on war's n glads.

and the 50 free xp buff amulets you get useable 1/hr vs 1/10hrs for lodas xp buff amulets. i was near 1/2mil kinah by lvl 10 getting out of ishlagen vs just over 1/4mil on poeta. and gear was rollig in same ratio. i think i had better gear leaving Ish than i did when ascending. tell me that's not favoring the asmo's vs the elyos?

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Originally posted by injunuity

Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

Just wanted to add that the asmo bias doesn't hold true on the NA servers as all of them are elyos dominated The surveys given when you level help out treamendously. It's basically a pop up with a paragraph or two of advice for you current level and includes a reward such as armor, pots, weapons etc. I found them so beneficial that I retired my level 25 glad and restarted a new glad. I was able to exceed that level very quickly and ended up with 10x the kinah then my old glad had and much better gear from surveys

it definitely holds true ont he NA servers, i was on israphel elyos > asmo >elyos, and siel (asmo only) and it's nightmare vs orgasm in difference for elyos vs asmo. i spent about 2-3hrs tetting out of poeta compared to about 1-2hrs thru Ishalgen. both trying on mage > sm on each server. even on war's n glads.

and the 50 free xp buff amulets you get useable 1/hr vs 1/10hrs for lodas xp buff amulets. i was near 1/2mil kinah by lvl 10 getting out of ishlagen vs just over 1/4mil on poeta. and gear was rollig in same ratio. i think i had better gear leaving Ish than i did when ascending. tell me that's not favoring the asmo's vs the elyos?

you're talking about the incentives given to asmos because the servers are elyos dominated.  They just started doing this to boost the asmodian side and close the gap in competition, which its really only been working slightly on israphel.  However, look at the abyss stats and you'll see asmos still are far from dominate. 

Theres not a single NA server where asmos consistantly dominate elyos. Theres NA servers such as israphel where they actually compete, but theyre not dominate

when I spoke of elyos domination, im talking about the end game.

but I agree, if you roll a new toon roll an asmo for sure on any of the servers, especially israphel if you want to compete in any way as an asmo because of faction incentives.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Im low but Im playing the grind has been killed a fair bit dare I say its not a korean grinder till endgame that is but heck thats just fun stuff right!, theres alot that has been fleshed out.  This is a cliche but the busy servers are very well populated with lots going on all the time.

Im currently trying to find an active buzzing decent legion on perento eu asmo.

• PabswikkPabswikk Member Posts: 108

Okay, I know this is completely the wrong place to ask, but in terms of story will I have missed out on much? Because I always remembered loving the Aion story and I'm wondering if I've missed key events that I can no longer repeat because of updates.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

Originally posted by Pabswikk

Okay, I know this is completely the wrong place to ask, but in terms of story will I have missed out on much? Because I always remembered loving the Aion story and I'm wondering if I've missed key events that I can no longer repeat because of updates.

well there were some pet giveaways etc but actually no key events u have missed. and anyways the story is told with the campaign quests and those are always available (as long u didnt finish them already)