Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a game like TERA

smilingbobsmilingbob Member Posts: 90

I'm looking for a "shooter style" mmo with a seamless, persistent world, that is fantasy themed, and has a party system, but sandbox endgame, not raiding. And if there's pvp, not faction based pvp.

I had high hopes for TERA but I'm starting to think this "Westernization" is gonna change the game so much it will no longer even be classifiable as such. Plus it's seeming more and more like it won't even release in 2012, let alone this year...

:D

Comments

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Dragon nest.

Its going into open beta before end of july. 

Skip it if you hate cutesy graphics though

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• smilingbobsmilingbob Member Posts: 90

ahem... I forgot seamless world as a requirement...

edited first post to reflect that...

and please don't suggest mortal online, that game doesn't have a party system... and a lot of other things...

and please don't suggest darkfall, because although it does technically meet all those requirements, it's just... un...play...able...

• neosurfeurneosurfeur Member UncommonPosts: 193

I love Aion !!

But the RNG systeme made me stop ... some1 with same graphic same all only without stupid RNG crafting.

• getonagetona Member UncommonPosts: 98

I Suggested Dragon Nest it's the Closest thing to Tera atm. (gameplay wise)

Open beta this Month! so brand new mmo for NA. btw it's F2P

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by Castillle

Dragon nest.

Its going into open beta before end of july. 

Skip it if you hate cutesy graphics though

Game looks like it's going to be pretty damn fun! People get too caught in graphics (not to offend any individual as we all have preferances) and miss out on good game mechanics. I hope this will be good, as I will be watching out for the 26th.

• rtbbvrrtbbvr Member UncommonPosts: 163

Dungeons and Dragons Online. While not seemless as you'd like, and raid focused. Maybe Fallen Earth will suit your style a bit more? Sandbox and the combat mechanics you'd like, but with faction based PvP. 

Also as far as dragons nest goes, the game is far from seamless as you may know, but makes up for it by meeting all your other requirements. (End game is Raiding kind of, its just score based dungeon runs really) Really its choose 2/4 on your reqs and stick to that.

ive got this maybe ill try it ...

http://r2online.webzen.com/event/Teaser/

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Originally posted by smilingbob

I'm looking for a "shooter style" mmo with a seamless, persistent world, that is fantasy themed, and has a party system, but sandbox endgame, not raiding. And if there's pvp, not faction based pvp.

I had high hopes for TERA but I'm starting to think this "Westernization" is gonna change the game so much it will no longer even be classifiable as such. Plus it's seeming more and more like it won't even release in 2012, let alone this year...

The game you want does not exist. The game that was even close to that was The Chronicles of Spellborn and it didn't do well. Though if you think that "Westernization" is going to change anything important to TERA then you're crazy. Westernization is an excuse to give Bluehole time to actually finish their game before we get it cause it was released too early in Korea.

So, you have very few choices. Go with action style combat with no open world (ie. Vindictus or Dragon Nest) or go with a traditional style MMO with a shooter like control option (ie. Champions Online). Even so, those are not seemless. Seemless worlds havn't been made in a long while besides Darkfall or Mortal Online if you like bugged over priced crap.

<- that loook awesome continent of the ninth

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Originally posted by neosurfeur

<- that loook awesome continent of the ninth

C9 is instance based like Vindictus and Dragon Nest. While I would like to play it, we probably wont get it for like year or 2.

To rtbbvr, I tried Fallen Earth during beta, and then again a month after launch. It is indeed a great game. But not fantasy.

To Otakun, There are plenty of games that meet most or all of my requirements. I'm asking if anyone knows of any more of them, that are currently playable, that I don't already know about...

• fallonfallonfallonfallon Member Posts: 99

the problem is your game doesnt exist ! So either wait for one that does , or play somthing people have metioned already.

you could try earthrise but i hear it sux donkey bawz...btw if you find what your looking for let everyone else know what it is..

...see above.

...TERA meets my req's but isnt out in the west yet, Fallen Earth meets them except it is post apoctalyptic scifi not fantasy, Darkfall meets them but has a bad UI (they have been saying they are going to overhaul it though, I'm keeping tabs on it) Mortal online meets it except there's no partying system, and besides that a lot of promised features aren't in yet, last I checked. And there are a horde of games that meet it except they are heavily instanced, not seamless. Most prevalent is DDO and Vindictus.

• TheIllusiveTheIllusive Member Posts: 196

So is Dragon Nest coming to EU ? im sick and tired of being left in the dust .... All the games I wanted to play didn't come out in the EU >_>