Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions Online: Every Hero (or Villain) Needs a Lair

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

There's no question that every champion or villain needs a lair. That said, Champions Online players now have the option for a hideout in the game. Hideouts come in a variety of flavors and are useable across all characters on a player's account. Every Gold & Lifetime player gets a hideout for free. Silver players get a Phase One hideout and can later upgrade it if they choose.

Each Hideout unlock is account-wide and offers different thematic options with customizable elements, mix-and-match pieces for use within the same category, and character-specific memory so that all of your heroes are able to share a common space while still benefiting from a Hideout customization that is unique to that character.

Modify your Hideout as you see fit, then gather with up to ten friends to socialize, roleplay or plot your Supergroup’s strategy for the next big Boss fight. All Hideouts include Tailor and Socrates Crime Computer access with additional conveniences coming in future updates.

Read more on the Champions Online hideout page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786

Wow, Cryptic on a  roll lately with CO and STO. I always wanted a base/hideout for my superheroes. Surely going to check this out.

• mmodannommodanno Member Posts: 163

lol, how is this game still even open?  The only people actually playing it are the poor souls that got suckered into buying a lifetime sub so they could get into the STO beta... which they didn't.

The few gamers left must be pumping money like mad into the C store.

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786

Originally posted by mmodanno

lol, how is this game still even open?  The only people actually playing it are the poor souls that got suckered into buying a lifetime sub so they could get into the STO beta... which they didn't.

The few gamers left must be pumping money like mad into the C store.

Could you throw some more hyperbolas please? since CO went F2P it has a lot more players and like every F2P title it survives on micro transaction. Also you are wrong regarding 'poor souls' because i am not a lifetimer and still got into STO beta. ;) so yeah your whole post is kind of..LOL!!

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Mom's Basement, is one of the hideout options?

Damn thats seriously funny.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I want to make a Thats 70s Show superhero group for the basement.

So badass.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

Not every hero or villain needs a lair, some of them have day jobs.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Lairs are a very nice addition to the game - adds a nice bit of superhero flavor.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335

Originally posted by Sanguinelust

Not every hero or villain needs a lair, some of them have day jobs.

Even those that do(Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne) both have their own "lairs".

• Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194

I wnat to be a vilian in this game

• Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335

BTW, they also just released the last part of their first Comic Series:

http://www.champions-online.com/comic_series

Those missions can be played by everyone, even free players.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i still prefer CoX for the super-hero in me but perhaps that's because of my bias against the terrible, terrible pencil and paper game from which CO stems from

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• CarolinaBestCarolinaBest Member Posts: 13

whats the point of hideout? when you get kicked for being afk?

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by CarolinaBest

whats the point of hideout? when you get kicked for being afk?

It looks like they may be following a similar development plan for CO that they used for CoH/CoV. Coming up should be a player villain expansion.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• SupercollideSupercollide Member Posts: 34

Got my Moonbase last night and also chilled with friends in mom's basement.  Checked out the Cave and Sanctum as well.They are all:Fun: mostly as RP space for you and 10 friends, but even just opening and closing the Blast shield onthe moonbase's dome is fun.Functional: they give you quick access to Tailor from any of the locations, they'll be adding crafting tables, trianers, bank and account-wide storage too. To be honest the amount of new content they've added in the last 2 months is very impressive - especially the Resistance Adventue Pack

Originally posted by Dinendae
    It looks like they may be following a similar development plan for CO that they used for CoH/CoV. Coming up should be a player villain expansion.

They've confirmed that that's NOT on the cards. We've more likely to get a foundry-type system than "Villians Online".

• meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

I liked the game...I just can't play here in Afghanistan cause I am on a NATO run base which means FAIL for internet.  If I was on a US camp I would have reliable internet access.

The game was fun and was the only game where I could make a character the way I wanted.

• FigureFigure Member Posts: 128

I wish they'd get their marketing department in order because this game could benefit from the dark touch of marketing.  I have never even seen an advertisement for this game, and the only reason I ended up playing it was because I was curious if it was as bad as City of Heroes and was surprised that unlike the older title, this one is highly playable and immensely satisfying.

Currently Watching: TSW. << Very Eager for a Beta invite. Have experience with Beta Testing.
    Not personally a big fan of raiding or current pve endgame mmo philosophy. Nothing wrong with it, I just sort of burnt out on it.
    Hardcore raider in wow from Launch to.. about 7 months ago.
    Currently Playing: Champions Online.

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by Supercollide

They've confirmed that that's NOT on the cards. We've more likely to get a foundry-type system than "Villians Online".

I know they had said that in the past, but have they said that since PW bought them? PW will be looking for a return on their investment, and having a villain expansion should see a respectable jump in CO's numbers.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• SupercollideSupercollide Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by Supercollide

I know they had said that in the past, but have they said that since PW bought them? PW will be looking for a return on their investment, and having a villain expansion should see a respectable jump in CO's numbers.

It got mentioned about a month ago and it's not on the horizon.

I suspect we'll see SG bases and the Foundry (player created missions) before they even think of this again.