Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hellgate: London is back

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Hellgate: London is back. HanbitSoft and T3Fun are reanimating the corpse of the post-apocalyptic horror RPG/MMO hybrid for a global release in the near future. The title is being developed in Korea, and T3Fun has recently updated its website and Facebook page with a lengthy story video and a few gameplay screens.

The trailer showcases over 12 minutes of CG footage designed to familiarize would-be crusaders with Hellgate's world and their place in it. The short version is that the forces of hell have ransacked the earth. The longer version involves copious amounts of swords, machine guns, curvaceous templars and slavering demons bent on subjugating the local populace.

If you know your gaming history, you'll also know that Hellgate was originally developed by ex-Blizzard staffers before collapsing under the weight of unmet expectations and financial pressures. We'll be keeping a close eye on Hanbitsoft's resurrection project and you can too, starting with the cinematic trailer after the cut.

Trailer: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/05/18/hellgate-global-ramps-up-its-web-presence-new-trailer-released/

Comments

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

Man this game had so many flaws and so many bad game mechanics, bugs and horrible story made me want to have a good long talk with Bill Roper.....however I LOVED THE GAME.....lol

Cant wait for it to come back.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495

Hellgate's back... back again... Hellgate's back.... tell a friend.

• SpatterCatSpatterCat Member UncommonPosts: 80

I have been waiting, and hoping, so patiently for this return... please let it be on a fast track!

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Epic video on the website. Guessing most of that is from the original release rather than new stuff?. My old p.o.s computer couldn't run it when it was released. Now I have a beast that can. Looking forward to it.

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

Can't wait to see how RedBana handles this. Hellgate: London was one of the biggest missed opportunities in gaming.

Many thanks, Victor, for the info!

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• daydreamerxxdaydreamerxx Member UncommonPosts: 178

was told a year ago it was coming. Then no info after that. I thought maybe they gave up. I am happy to see it is being re released and with more content. I however hope they have pvp and not everyone goes into a zone and duels each other.

• ntstlkrntstlkr Member Posts: 65

Woowhoooo! Strangely enough I had re-installed my game last month just to work through single player. Very cool indeed!

"Heart grow stronger, Will becomes firm, the Mind more calm, as our Strength lessens..." Battle of Maldon 991 AD

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I actually can't wait to play it again. For the living!

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

ah damn i thought they finally released it :(

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Awesome! Despite it's flaws I really liked this game a lot. Too bad it's going to be in a F2P model but oh well. I'll take it however I can get it.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Hellgate London... It was like a nice juicy stake, which for some reason the devs covered in a sauce made of maggots and insects and whatnot...

Some parts about it where great, but the huge amount of gamebreaking bugs and insanely annoying design flaws killed it.

It's interesting to see what this new version will be like, but I'll stay mistrusting. ^^

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• DeathOnWingsDeathOnWings Member Posts: 16

So this is the full game and not the beta?

• SpatterCatSpatterCat Member UncommonPosts: 80

It's officially the open beta, but there will be no character wipe, and the cash shop is active. It's essentially release, imo.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Graphics and Gamplay seem exactly the same as they were when this was first released by another company.  The only difference I can see is that they added cash shop... 

Graphics are pretty terrible.

The 3 classes i've tried so far all have the same glitches and problems they did way back in the day.

Weapon balance seems almost useless.

I'll continue to play this up till 20-30 range but I expect it will be a free-to-play garbage title like most are.