Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Money Chairs... Gone?

Yavin_PrimeYavin_Prime Member Posts: 233

So I played SL a few years back and me and my wife are trying to get back into it. However I used to hang out at a bar that had stools, dancing areas and such that all gave money just for standing there for 10-15 mins. You'd get like a $L1 per min that you stayed. I got back on tonight and no matter where I went I couldn't find a place like that anymore. Does anyone know any hang outs that pay people to chill in their location. I found that that was where I made all my best friends in SL.

Comments

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

Camping chairs are long gone. They're now against the ToS just like gambling. The only way to really make money without having a SL job or building and selling is to do those survey machines. GamerATM is a pretty good one.

SL isnt as great as it was back in 07. It still feels like it hasnt hit its peak yet though. But with LL going back on their original plans for SL idk if it will. They promised to never compete  with its users, then they turn around and buy up the SLexchange/xstreetSL. Now they want to open up offcial mall spots and have inworld networked advertising boards. Pretty soon they'll have offcial SL clothes lol.

• StrafingmirStrafingmir Member Posts: 24

Yeah it's a shame they'll have to hire Inworld people to make shit for them, because if their old Welcome Area, and new one are any indication they can't figure out wtf they're doing anymore.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

Yeahl phil linden shouldnt have given up on it. I really really hope he stepped down in order to work on second life's successor. Something similar with better graphics and new people. Because LL as it stands are just filled with old suit wearing fat cats that want to turn SL into facebook.

• StrafingmirStrafingmir Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by jinxxed0

Yeahl phil linden shouldnt have given up on it. I really really hope he stepped down in order to work on second life's successor. Something similar with better graphics and new people. Because LL as it stands are just filled with old suit wearing fat cats that want to turn SL into facebook.

A wild mesh server appears...

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

'Sploders run by store owners and some camping machines are still around, but Linden cracked down big time on bots so it's a rare event when it happens. Blame the bots.

There are other ways of making money, like a job such as fortune telling and billboards that advertise job vacancies ingame via search. Another way is to bite the bullet and open up your own store or use a franchise to do that or sell your own designed products using the online marketplace website. That's the holy grail if it succeeds because you don't even have to be online to make the linden $$$.