Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ragnarok Online hacked, again

UifzUifz Member Posts: 252

Gravity's massively multiplayer online RPG comes under attack by hackers.

The popular PC MMORPG Ragnarok Online was hacked again recently, allowing hackers to gain game master privileges in the international servers. The incident began on August 3, when a message disguised as that of a game master announced a number of false new implementations in the game on the international servers. On August 4, another message was sent throughout the servers, this time clearly not by an employee of Gravity Corporation. On the same day, a number of rare items were produced with game master privileges and leaked throughout one of the two main game servers. Gravity also suffered from a number of user account losses, but it is unknown if the losses were connected to the hackings.

In response, Gravity has announced that it will not be rolling back the game server's data, but in order to sustain the game balance, a number of rare items on the server will be deleted, regardless of whether they were created with game master privileges or not. The six items scheduled for deletion are as follows: vitata cards, mistress cards, baphomet cards, whisper cards, and crown. In compensation for the deletion of the items, a character status reset will be implemented as an option for a limited time on all the game servers, accessible with a nominal amount of in-game money.

Gravity Corporation currently operates its Ragnarok Online services both directly and through representative companies in Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, and a number of other Asian countries. The international service is operated directly by Gravity's USA branch, but it has been a target of criticism among its consumers due to the lack of security and updates in comparison with the services in other countries. The international service of Ragnarok Online is currently eight months behind the Asian service in terms of updates.

Comments

• UifzUifz Member Posts: 252

• ShindouShindou Member Posts: 23
    Lol so funny, boy that would make me even more piss off so instead of a rollback of a couple days people are going to lose rare items if they got it legit or not, items that they got a weeks/months ago.  Im glad I quit after the second hacking incident.  I told everyone Gravity clueless yet they still pay dumbasses.  Oh well it there money maybe after the 10th hacking incident they quit or maybe not you know how fanboys are. 

• RasukeRasuke Member Posts: 362

Originally posted by Shindou
    Lol so funny, boy that would make me even more piss off so instead of a rollback of a couple days people are going to lose rare items if they got it legit or not, items that they got a weeks/months ago.  Im glad I quit after the second hacking incident.  I told everyone Gravity clueless yet they still pay dumbasses.  Oh well it there money maybe after the 10th hacking incident they quit or maybe not you know how fanboys are. 

Whoa... take some english classes... anyway, rollback would probrably piss off more people than the deletion of the items.  Seeing as they also lose exp, and zeny, along with any rares they found.  And as far as quitting, I went to private servers when iRO first started P2P, their game is fun, but not worth the money I think.

---------------------------------------------
    A cat always lands on it's feet, and toast always lands butter side down, so what if you glue a piece of toast, butter side up, to a cat and drop it from a 12th story window?

Wee, msg me on AIM at Kouromi if you want to talk to me!

-------------------------------------------
    image image image

Well Shindou, first off, I could point out another mistake mistakes in that first sentence of yours alone (because I'm so nice I won't).  Anyway, my logic is never flawed.  More people will lose more rare items with a rollback that spans a couple of days.  Not to mention, if someone found something like let's say... emperium, and then sold it, then they would have a lot of zeny to lose.  And a few days exp is a big deal, my friend (who has now quit iRO on my reccomendation) lost her knight due to a previous rollback.  It put her back 7 job levels from becoming one.  Not to mention made her lose her cigar and kitty HB, two items she had been trying to find for a long time.

"I think therefor I am" is a saying that can't possibly be true, if it was, over half the people in this world wouldn't exist.

I'm tired of people who act over 18, but type like they're under 5...

image image image

• Kuro_NekoKuro_Neko Member Posts: 24

everyone knows that gravity sucks so much on customer's service and security system

iRO also very slow, if you take a look at kRO they already have class 2-2 and stuff

Gravity doesn't care so much on iRO

• ClownClown Member Posts: 71
    with a rollback EVERYONE would lose everysingle thing they gathered in the past few days. with the deletion of a few rare items, it affects the fewest number of people as possible.

Originally posted by Gunblade
    I am sorry Rasuke you lost everything i recently lost my Knight on private server (looking for a new one). But what were you thinking! playing on gravityy's iRO.

Um... might want to re-read my post there buddy, I said it was my friend, who I made mention of as "her" several times.  I don't like iRO, not just because of Gravity, but more because of the players.  They are asses, plain and simple.  I've played jRO and the community on that is a lot nicer.  That was a while back granted, but it still kicked the ass of iRO in terms of players... none of those looters, kill stealers, and scammers.  I guess people are just more polite in Japan.

"I think therefor I am" is a saying that can't possibly be true, if it was, over half the people in this world wouldn't exist.

image image image

Link us to jRO

um... j means japanese, as if that wasn't already obvious.  Which means you can get there from www.ragnarokonline.com

image image image

OH

• RyuBatousaiRyuBatousai Member Posts: 4
    word of advice to all ppl thinking about playing this game...

Ragnarok Online is a great game yes but the ppl that run this game have a bad habit of pushing things over the limit... ive been banned (for probably the rest of eternity) bu im glad i did... its bad at solving hacking issues... the thing they dont see that since its over the internet that its so very easy to hack... and the way the solve the problems is to just torture all of the PAYING customers with roll backs and deletion of items. just a great word of advice... dont play this game! ull never make it past lvl 20 with the roll backs and the total wipes of lvls and items... so please dont waste ur time or money and STOP
  • viet_boy33viet_boy33 Member Posts: 395
    lol gravity shouldnt report these kind of topics to the public now less people will play. Poor ragnarok. 8(

My strongest move is called the Hiten Misturugi Ryu technique. No move is faster or stronger than it. (Hitokiri Battousai)

http://www.narutofan.com go there for Naruto episodes!!

how do u get into the priv servers? -has been out of ragnarok for a bit- j/w cause if theyr free id like to start playn em again...

Usually you just have to like, send a request to the hosts of the server, or something similar.  and then there's some (like this one http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/Rasuke/screen.JPG ) that are invite only.

image image image

ah ok ty

This discussion has been closed.