Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hardcore server opens Thursday

Woo, carnage incoming. Server opens Tursday around 10am central. Alot of old vets coming back, should be a ton of fun.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard

Comments

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Wanted to give the server a go just for a quick gankfest, but the f2p accounts are limited to only 2 gold. To put it into perspective you can buy about 10 vendor items with 2 gold.

Even my old character which I used when the game released, had it's gold that passed the '2g cap' flat out deleted when entering the game as F2p status.

And then another thing, the item store is expensive as fuck, what worse? It features pay to win items, such as potions that instantly ressurect you with 75% hp/stam/mana, and very strong health/mana/stam potions that can't be obtained ingame or crafted, only bought.

That's not all, the item store allows you to buy complete PvP sets (for a whooping 50 euro), and combat pets otherwise not obtainable.

Show stopper right there.

• RabbiFangRabbiFang Member Posts: 149

Originally posted by raapnaap

Wanted to give the server a go just for a quick gankfest, but the f2p accounts are limited to only 2 gold. To put it into perspective you can buy about 10 vendor items with 2 gold.

Even my old character which I used when the game released, had it's gold that passed the '2g cap' flat out deleted when entering the game as F2p status.

And then another thing, the item store is expensive as fuck, what worse? It features pay to win items, such as potions that instantly ressurect you with 75% hp/stam/mana, and very strong health/mana/stam potions that can't be obtained ingame or crafted, only bought.

That's not all, the item store allows you to buy complete PvP sets (for a whooping 50 euro), and combat pets otherwise not obtainable.

Show stopper right there.

I didn't know any of that. That's totally shit.

I'm going to give it a go anyway, and if it becomes noticeably obvious that I'm getting reemed by pay-to-winners, I'm out. 

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226

Doesn't look like B&G will be going up today, but I haven't checked myself.   This was posted today from Silirrion, Game Director, on the FUNCOM forums..

...alas, it appears like one of those last minute things have cropped up (a bug which means the single character limit isn't imposed) so we will most likely have to resolve this one first before we think of opening it up...which probably means next week (since we won't risk deployments on a Friday that could risk problems with the stability of weekend play)...sorry to all those eagerly awaiting it's opening...but it is better we get things up and running properly before we open the doors.

Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison

Game Director

• JonsusJonsus Member UncommonPosts: 175

Having played and PvPed in MMO's for a very long time, including a fair bit of experience on actual PvP servers and games with more or less open PvP systems, I can confidently say that this new server will likely attract and be filled with the worst and most immature griefers, gankers, and horrible people that play AoC.

I am going to keep clear of it, but wish those who are diving in the best of luck. You're gonna need it. >_>

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

If you already have several characters on other servers, will it even be possible to create a new character on Deathwish if you are F2P? I logged into my account yesterday (which is now F2P I assume) and it won't let me create a new character on any of the existing servers. It will only let me choose 2 characters to unlock. So I'm concerned I won't be able to play on Deathwish.

Nope, they somehow screwed it up. It's next week now.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

The new server isn't coming until next week now. The excuse is that there is a bug letting people create more than one character on the server. However, you could create more than one character on the Test server for it, too just like on normal servers, and they were repeatedly told about it. but paid no heed.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Kabaal

The new server isn't coming until next week now. The excuse is that there is a bug letting people create more than one character on the server. However, you could create more than one character on the Test server for it, too just like on normal servers, and they were repeatedly told about it. but paid no heed.

ER, we are talking Funcom here right? 

Not unexpected from them, attention to detail is not their strong suit.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288

Oh crap I had set aside all weekend to playing. I guess waiting till next week isn't the end of the world but I have been waiting for this server now for a long time...

ooooooohhhhhh....

Look what the game director JUST posted:

Another update...it looks like one of the ingenious db folks found a solution that should work. So we may be able to open things up today after all - stay tuned to the official announcements for more information 

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Redline65

If you already have several characters on other servers, will it even be possible to create a new character on Deathwish if you are F2P? I logged into my account yesterday (which is now F2P I assume) and it won't let me create a new character on any of the existing servers. It will only let me choose 2 characters to unlock. So I'm concerned I won't be able to play on Deathwish.

Having the same probelm, Have 1 character slot left to unlock why cant i create a new character. Im not going to shell out any cash for some "technicallity".

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

You can solve these problems by signing up for a month, then choose the class you want to play, then decide if you wanna stay subbed after the first month.

Easy, also, full access to all 12 classes for a low price!

• AceundorAceundor Member Posts: 482

15 parallell instances in tortage tonight. lots of action on B&G. Global is crap of course

Originally posted by BishopB:

Are a lot of the trolls just angry kids with old gaming hardware?

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by Aceundor

15 parallell instances in tortage tonight. lots of action on B&G. Global is crap of course

Lol, you expected something different. Still, I have been having a good time. The new rule set seems to be a hit so far.