Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things I like about Star Wars: The Old Republic

13»

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

All Bounty Hunters are clones of Boba Fett because Boba Fett is the "Jedi" of the Bounty Hunter galaxy.

You answered your own question up there.

• fcazaresfcazares Member Posts: 190

Wow someone started a positive thread about this game and it hasnt been hijacked by trolls yet. Very nice.. I'm glad to see something positive for a change. Cudos to the OP for setting a pleasing tone.

• Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

All Bounty Hunters are clones of Boba Fett because Boba Fett is the "Jedi" of the Bounty Hunter galaxy.

well its like Palpatine once said:

“Apparently we’re contractually obligated to follow that dumb kid’s story too. That’s what happens when you sell the most action figures — thank you, fanboys!” ;)

http://filmedge.wordpress.com/2010/12/20/review-robot-chicken-star-wars-iii-could-laugh-the-ears-off-a-gundark/

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    First and foremost for me is the leveling process. It will be refreshing to play through a class story with choices instead of the boring grind that most mmos have. There's nothing more un star warsy and boring then looking for a group at a starport to go and slaughter the wildlife with. There are multiple reasons I can't wait for this game but that is the biggest reason. Maybe we have finally got a real star wars mmorpg.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• ErifNevowErifNevow Member Posts: 97

Originally posted by gaou

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

well its like Palpatine once said:

“Apparently we’re contractually obligated to follow that dumb kid’s story too. That’s what happens when you sell the most action figures — thank you, fanboys!” ;)

http://filmedge.wordpress.com/2010/12/20/review-robot-chicken-star-wars-iii-could-laugh-the-ears-off-a-gundark/

Yup. Its run by the markets everyone, run by the markets.

And wait a secnod, this thread is still alive?

Newb= Newly Enrolled Wannabe Badass.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

1. A polished MMO

2. It's SW not Caveman Galaxies

3. Environments & many planets to visit

4. NPC alien races

5. No planetary mess with players structures anywhere and everywhere

6. Pazaak... soon™
  • dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

1. Bioware Star Wars story wih branching decision trees AKA Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age.

2. Quest decisions that have meaning and change the quest based on what you decide.

3. Highly polished game.

4. Characters that are balanced against the force wielders making it so that people will want to play the other characters too.

5. Companion characters that enhance the story line as well as accompany you on missions.

6. Player housing in the form of your own awesome ship.

7. Space battles (even if it is on rails) and the ability to visit many large planets in the Star Wars Universe.

The one thing I don't like is the lack of a release date.

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469

Number nine.  Cowboy hats in Star Wars.  come on. We all wanted it.

believe me is the most hated thing for me so far

a john wane in star wars EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Number one.  I like the enviroment graphics.  [...]

Number two. [...] I like that my character has a voice. [...]

Number three.  I like the look of the smuggler class.  I'm really looking forward to the cover system [...].

Number four.  I like the sound design so far.  [...]

Number five. Cloth animation for jedi robes and flowy robes in-general. [...]

Number Six.  [...] the group dialogue system is great... in theory. [...]

Number seven.  NPC crew mates.  [...]

Number eight. Space shop hoooooooomes! [...]

Number nine.  Cowboy hats in Star Wars.  come on. We all wanted it.

1. They are okay-ish, I guess. Nothing too stunning in sheer quality, but original design and its a MMO. For perfect graphics you need to play shooters, anyway.

2. Meh.

3. Meh.

4. Hu ? Meh.

5. Meh.

6. Meh.

7. I dont like being forced to be always a pet class when solo, but yeah its hopefully quite useful.

8. Not really. We get forcefed a class dependent space ship, so there is no real housing as such going on. You probably cant equip your spaceship further and if you log on another character, you get a completely different spaceship.

9. There is nothing new about cowboy hats in Star Wars.