Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming back after a long time, Hows end game?

KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Hey guys, Been looking for an mmo to play for a while now, Played wow through cata and im bored again. I played Aion at launch and found the grind boring. I have heard alot of work has gone into the game since so im going to give it another bash. I never got to end game and im just wondering what end game is like? What is there to do?

I tryed Rift but it feels like Wow/Warhammer and I got bored of the Rifts very quick. Hoping I can enjoy Aion untill GW2 is in my grasp!

Thanks....

Comments

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Im interested to know what people feel about this too, Im on my way back.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

I really enjoy the combat in Aion, So im hoping it worth leveling to end game.

I think Im hankering for this as much as you :)

• ValarienceValarience Member UncommonPosts: 25

Endgame has your standard gear-grinding, albeit a little more painful than in games like WoW or Rift. The random-number-generator can still be pretty nasty to deal with, and I'm personally still waiting to see a single cloth gold drop in one of the instances out of maybe 30 runs now. On one hand it's frustrating, on the other it adds longevity since I can't just write the content off. If you have the kinah, you can also buy lootrights which dampens the blow a little bit. It also means that selling lootrights is a viable endgame option, and again helps motivate you into returning to the dungeons.

Beyond that, world PvP is plenty active at least in the final regions of the game. Rifting was nerfed awhile ago, so the experience from 1-50 is mostly PvP-free, but the lack of instanced battlegrounds goes a long way to keep it alive in the zones that still allow for it. Aion is one of the few games where world PvP still seems to exist.

There isn't much of a raiding endgame. There's some world raid bosses, but ultimately the PvE endgame revolves around single groups. Depending on your preference that'll either be a blessing or a curse, but I personally love it.

Ultimately the game still has it's form of grinding for tokens/points/gear like most current MMOs, but the pacing is much slower and will either frustrate you or keep you busy for months depending on what kind of gamer you are. There's also housing coming in 3.0 (we're presently in 2.5), so that'll add some more non-combat gameplay for those interested.

Hope that helps!

Thank you astral how long have you been with the game?

Grind I really dont mind so much as long as its fun so if pvp and fortressing is fun etc then I couldnt care less how long what takes me.  As long as people aren't too judgemental and I can progress easily.

• ValarienceValarience Member UncommonPosts: 25

Originally posted by Wicoa

Thank you astral how long have you been with the game?

Grind I really dont mind so much as long as its fun so if pvp and fortressing is fun etc then I couldnt care less how long what takes me.  As long as people aren't too judgemental and I can progress easily.

I've been on and off since launch but didn't really get into it until this past April, so at least consecutively I've been playing for about 3 months now, with the last month having been spent at 55. Most games normally last me about 2 weeks these days, so I'd say Aion is holding up well by my standards ;)

I also tend to invest a lot of time into MMOs, so that's 3 months of hardcore play as opposed to casual. I imagine someone putting in 2 hours daily would get even better mileage, provided they didn't get frustrated at the slower pace of progression.

I wouldn't say people are all that judgemental, at least not on Israphel Asmo-side. There are some things that people expect a minimum level of gear for, but that hasn't prevented me from enjoying myself. Running with a good guild would also make the experience much more pleasant, I imagine. I'm currently just playing with a few friends and only myself and one other are above 50 right now, so most of what I do is reliant on pugs. Still having fun though!

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

I fear the worse, My account has been blocked! :(

Contact support straight away if you know your details after launch there were a spate of hacks I think you fell foul of this so thats the best advice I can give you.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

the game its better than ever, i was playing 6 months on start then 3 months on 2.0 and returned 1 month ago and i have a blast,

Europe spatalos server its full of asmos and elyos (there's always people to do stuff togheter) .

PvP its very group or zerg style but on Old dredgion i get really nice battles with nice pvp, sieges are zergs versus zerg with some latency, world pvp its possible on gelkmaros/ingesson and selinterA canyon and its always danger on the next corner(i.e. theres always a chance to get rapped or to blow someone from oposing faction.

Gear its still a trouble, gold and eternal drops are few, and collectable itens (AP's , medals, coins and stuff) needs some weeks for casuals to get nice gear.

In otherway you can get nice stuff by craft or buying stuff on broker, and you can get much more kinah than before.

The thing i really hate on this game its RNG, manastones , enchantment stones and those awfull pvp procs godstones,

well i have game till GW2 is out

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

I wish more people in Aion would have played some of the Elite Open World Content. Some of that content in my opinion was the best thing going in the game. However finding groups to do it was near impossible. Everyone wanted to just instance grind. Which I found very annoying.

• MichielMichiel Member UncommonPosts: 235

I'm downloading the client at the moment so any recent fun / motivating experiences to share with us would be welcome. Give me a morale boost before I jump in. I had fun with the game a year back. It looked good and I had a lot of fun playing around with the character creator but in the end the grind just put me off. I'm going to reserve judgement this time until I reach endgame. Just hoping the fight to the top is worth it.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

Originally posted by Michiel

I'm downloading the client at the moment so any recent fun / motivating experiences to share with us would be welcome. Give me a morale boost before I jump in. I had fun with the game a year back. It looked good and I had a lot of fun playing around with the character creator but in the end the grind just put me off. I'm going to reserve judgement this time until I reach endgame. Just hoping the fight to the top is worth it.

well maybe its motivatin if i tell u that u will see its much easier to lvl compared to the game one year ago. and also the mentoring system is fun for low lvls since high lvls can help u with quests, dungeons etc. and my usual advice: try to find a legion with helpfull ppl. its a big difference to runnin around alone and tryin to do things on yourown.

Dont fight to the top I would stop at least at 40 and try the pvp zone out maybe grind up some gear :).

• MichielMichiel Member UncommonPosts: 235

Thanks for the advice so far! I've rolled on a new server as an Asmodian. The faction program NC has going is on there so this means Asmodian population is lower; meaning I can play the underdog, which I like. So far I'm having a lot of fun. Getting back into the game and enjoying the beautiful graphics. It still amazes me how good everything looks.

• jihashijihashi Member Posts: 136

What I'm curious to know is if they finally killed the bot problem. Granted, not all servers had that issue, but they were still a major pain for a good three months or so after release. I also heard rumors that they were "thinking" about moving to the FTP model in order to call back old subscribers. I doubt that's true, but it would still be interesting to see what they've done.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

the bot problem has been solved since a long time now. i dont even remember when i have seen a bot the last time. also on the official forums there is noone cmplainin about bots.

• MmoSwanMmoSwan Member Posts: 134

Botters adapted to NcSoft actually doing something and now they use less obvious looking bots and bot at locations where players are rarely to be found. Large scale botters run their bot trains inside of instances, thus players rarely get in contact with them anymore either.

So no, bots didnt disappear but the problems they caused are history * yes, I know what I talk about - because I am an evil person

The biggest problem that I see about the game is the random number generator ruling nearly every aspect of the game. Be it PVP, crafting, boss drops, events, it's all gambling. And maybe the terrible faction balance on most servers. NcSoft tries to solve it by adding incentives to the less played factions on certain servers but they didn't really help with most issues while screwing up small scale pvp balance.

|| Languages for gamers: http://gamerslingo.com
    /where God
    ERROR: Target could not be found
    /target Believer
    /skill science
    You missed your target since Believer ignores science
    /skill logic
    You missed your target since Believer traded all his INT for faith.