Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG THIS IS AMAZING

quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Amazingly horrible that is.. I don't usually bother posting my POV about a game. But this is a stinky turd with the label of something hyped long ago..

If I had to give it a typical review rating... it would be 0/10  0/5 stars  .. FFF

I mean i like alot of games and can usually find redeeming qualities in the worst of the worst but good lord this was the biggest waste of my time ever..  Its like this game is trying to suck the MMO genre back 5 years and make it even worse then  it is now.. Games like this should be carried into Mordor by groups of midgets and the master copy be thrown into the lava

*sigh*  oh and btw, the unreasonably slow uninstaller completely takes over your PC, cant do anything not if but when you uninstall this.

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I didn't think it was as bad as the OP...but then again, unless it jumped out of my monitor and stabbed me in the leg, I don't think that's possible.

I had downloaded the client about a month ago, so the install for me was pretty easy. Not sure how it would go now, but it didn't seem to cause any issues on my machine.

The graphics are dated. Very much so...I was really reminded of Doom type stuff. Not all of it mind you, but the 'outdoor' zones themselves had a very Doom or Redneck Rampage kind of feel to them.

Combat was pretty standard...nothing great. I haven't tried all the classes yet, but so far there's nothing new with combat.

The hubs (lobbies really) between instances are kind of cramped. There are a lot of people packed into tiny spaces, but even then it's not very social.

The interface is functional, but again, very dated. I do like how they've mixed the combat/non-combat mouse settings (everything is FPS unless you hit the left control key).

So, all in all, for free, it's 'OK' or 'Meh'. I wouldn't pay for it right now...they really need to update the program. It looks like somebody with a bit of time and the Unreal 3 Engine could do a better job to be honest.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by li

So, all in all, for free, it's 'OK' or 'Meh'. I wouldn't pay for it right now...they really need to update the program. It looks like somebody with a bit of time and the Unreal 3 Engine could do a better job to be honest.

Yea... there are tons of things done with the Unreal 3 Engine that are infinitly better then this.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Either you love this game or you hate it. Obviously the OP is on the dislike side and believe me when I tell you it is quite an exaggeration. The game is VERY busy with players and you should try it for yourself before taking anyone's word on it. Shouldn't be too hard considering it's FREE through Act 2.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

This game is providing me with hours a day of entertainment and is IMHO better than 3/4 of the tripe that is currently available for play...

The server is generally overloaded with plenty of players and needs upgraded desperately, the game itself is nothing elaborate but just plain fun and the quests feel more like a natural progression as you beat your way from one subway terminal to the next...

Biggest gripe i have is that the grouping is someimes buggy and players sometimes are invisable and cant see each other, currently the only way to fix it is to use a PRD (personal relocation device) other than this annoying group bug i truly enjoy this game..

The game gets harder at around act 4 and the phat loots drop a plenty..

Like any other game some will love it, some will like it and some will hate it, and while other gamers will gladly give our opinions of games if it sounds interesting to you then it may be worth giving it a try yourself, it costs nothing but your DL time and 2 chapters is more than enuff to determine rather you like it or not..

Playing GW2..