Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Returning to EVE Online Part 4

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

EVE Incarna has finally arrived and developers are spending a lot of time touting new features including the Capatin's quarters and much more. In the latest installment of his Survivor Guy series, MMORPG.com's Adam Tingle heads back into EVE continuing his adventures in space. Check out Survivor Guy: Returning to EVE Part 4 and then let us know what you think.

Laser bolts are flashing over head, explosions litter the air like confetti, and I rush through the middle of this battle like a beacon of white, bright hope. My ship hurtles at a frightening speed towards an enemy, dodging loose shrapnel and stray charges – my eyes slightly narrow, my smile inches to one side, I simply utter “Eve this mother-effer” and then I click to launch missiles. The empty space around fills with fiery death; the proud vessel that once stood arrogant and defiant is claimed by the flames. Now smiling broadly I say into my microphone “Looks like that got really heated.”

Read more of Adam Tingle's Survivor Guy: Returning to EVE Online Part 4.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BattleM99BattleM99 Member Posts: 35

Damn funny.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Ah the dangers of making assumptions, the mistaken identity bit had me laughing inside. ^_^

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• majkimajkmajkimajk Member Posts: 12

Nice story. :)

• DubbleedgeDubbleedge Member Posts: 72

That is amazingly lol-worthy. Find a small pvp corp! :) You're useful with your current skill levels, you just need people to help you with the how you can help! The experience you were first describing? sometimes not very far from the truth of the matter. You'll love it.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Well written! Made me laugh.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

Amusing but I hope to hell I am never in a guild/legion/corporation with you!

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Lol that was funny :)

• RoccprofitRoccprofit Member Posts: 98

To bad nothing approaching that could happen in eve, more like " oh look an enemy..." right click, orbit, press f, hope your gear is better then theres, go to lunch.

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456

That was a very funny article, but I feel a little sorry for your corp.  It is like they accidently contracted a horrible diseased parasite that attached itself to them, sucked a bunch of juice from them and then quietly dropped off into the grass while they were being eaten by a lion.  Not only that, but the parasite was what made the lion attack in the first place!

As for the comment early in the article about you being incredibly heroic.... how ironic that turned out to be.

Nonetheless, I was very entertained.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• HomebrewerHomebrewer Member Posts: 11

Bravo.

The conclusion, as the installments, were a delightful read.

• JowenJowen Member Posts: 326

Interesting. While the first part (the dog-fight) does not realy belong to the world of EVE it exactly plays out like we would imagine. Or like how it would be shown in a movie. Nothing unpredictable because that cause angst.

The second and good part shows us exactly what EVE is about; mimicking the unpredictability of the real world which happens when humans try to interact.