Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Time Code thread

DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

So basically have had some coversations with the devs trying to get a handle on what their stance was on the buying and selling of time codes for in game items/money. Dev Calvin had this response:

"The official view on the matter is, that we will not actively pursue where the game codes go, however we will not help out with any misuse or fraud related to such issues either. Doing so would turn us into a holistic investigation company and we have nor the resources nor the talent to pursue these successfully."

So long story short time codes can be bought and sold between players. For people like me that have time but not money, this helps greatly. I know many people playing EvE used PLEX as an option to play as they had limited or no resources to buy time with real money.

This thread is for anyone selling time codes and anyone needing time codes to hopefully come together and benefit each other.

I will start. I have been on a trial for about 4 days now, got some NiC and items that I can give with more to come or can preform work as needed. Whatever the seller feels will justify 1 month time code (10 dollars US).

Thanks again and I hope that the segment of the game population that needs time or the ones that want to start with some extra resources selling time can both be helped here.

Comments

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

Just an update to this, the devs said it was still ok to buy/sell time codes. They are just taking the stance that they will not officially support it and will not allow it to be asked for on the official forums. If someone knowing frauds you, you can have that person banned but will get no compensation for lost NIC/codes.

Hopefully the people that still need codes are able to get them. There are some really good people in PO that are willing to help out. Also can always post here and maybe someone will sned yu a PM with a deal.

Good luck to all.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

any idea what the going rate is?

Personally I'm in a corp which supplies pretty much everything for free, so money isnt really nessesary at the moment.  I'm sure it will be once they introduce rent charges for outposts,  so until then I have spare wads =)

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

From what I have heard, the rate is about 10-20 mill for a 30 day code. Since new people are adding money to the overall economy everyday, it has been hard to get a real figure with the inflation and what not.

If you are in a corp, the trust factor is already there I would assume. Maybe ask someone in there if they would be willing to work something out with you. Otherwise just try channels that aren't general chat and hopefully you should be able to work something out.

Good luck on finding a code.