Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sad- game isnt the problem, but the people

Paladin101Paladin101 Member Posts: 187

I played lineage 2 in the beta an di had a blast with the hunting and combat. It was a lot of fun and i loved the graphics and animation. The music in the orc towns was awsome and i really want to come back.
The sad thing is that the comunity is ruining the game and it seems like the botting and cheaters are even worse than it was in DaoC.

The primary reason i didn't buy lineage 2 was the asian community. They are a bunch of greedy and lazy assholes who can't get a job and play games for profit instead of fun. So i went to Daoc for two years and had a great time.

There isnt a MMO out there though that has the amount of classes/races and the graphics to match. I really don't mind grinding if the combat is good because i enjoy going out hunting.

The primary things i wanted to know is:

1. Is the PvP fun and complex?
2. Are the classes balanced or dominated by a certain race or class?
3. Can you solo or group at your leisure?
4. Are the castle sieges and political system any good?
5. Is there any way to get passed the botters, farmers, and cheats?

Comments

• Paladin101Paladin101 Member Posts: 187

Is there any way to get passed the asian community and play on an american server? It seems no matter what server your on in any MMO you always see these damn chinese gold farmers. ::::25::

• DeadangelDeadangel Member UncommonPosts: 56

The reason they farm on the American servers is because they sell the ADENA they farm to Americans...

I heard the Korean servers Banned all foriegn IPs.

But that won't happen to the american servers.

• PeterPainPeterPain Member Posts: 41

glad somebody enjoy this game, i found it incredible boring after a week.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    My most kind and friendly advice:Turn around and walk away. I don't have the heart to talk about this game anymore.

• gunnythokgunnythok Member Posts: 268
    I've noticed a similar problem with the asian players griefing the american players in guild wars.  Makes people more motivated to kill somthing I guess.  Alot of hate banter on those servers.
  • bigdawg78bigdawg78 Member Posts: 30

L2 has a difficult grind. It's a lot harder to get to the "top" than most other mmorpgs. Americans (I am one) tend to be lazy and it's a ripe environment to make a profit for anyone will to do the grind as a job.

That being said. boo hoo

Who cares if there are farmers. I have ran into farmers in every single mmorpg I've ever played. The thing that makes so many people turn away from L2 is the same thing that makes it great. The grind!

You are saying "what?" and looking at me like I'm crazy. ::::31::

Let me explain. People in l2 have to rely on others or you get squashed by the game mechanics and by other players. Players, being sentient beings, eventually react to this and build strong relationships with other people. The best friendships I've ever made with people in online gaming is in L2. There are guys in my clan that have gone out of their way to help me. To make it even more exceptional, some help my family when we have problems. My wife threw her back out and one of 'em sent a heat/vibration back pad to us and asked us to return it to him when we are done.

I couldn't hardly get the time of day from people in other games.

Sure I have to put up with the occasional "ni hao" or "bai bai" but it doesn't bother me. In fact, I like the opportunity to learn a new language and converse with people of different countries.

That being said, L2 is not for everyone. Some people don't want a challenge.

• gunnythokgunnythok Member Posts: 268
    lol, I can't argue with that, people farm every mmo on the market.