Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First True "mmorpg" (In the making) (Well not COMPLETELY first)

Ok, I know I may be flamed on this, and blah blah blah.. But.. Anyways, I wish to talk about a game in the making, Roma-Victor.... Now, the only game that I could think of that comes near to this type of gameplay is probably EVE And A tale in the desert.... Now, this is the first game that doesnt force you to kill, nor quest, and is quite realistic. PLain and simple you live out the life of a roman with many new features. You dont have to lift a sword your whole life if you wish...... This whole game is based on possiblities.. You could actually become emeperor of rome... or the one who takes out rome itself... now... HEres the thing, its being made by a small team of professionals and to me seems very complicated to make. But I must say this will be the first mmorpg that wont be another "Magic and Dragons" clone..... OR some kind of sci-fi theme... Its a history based game, your expected to life a normal life and progress and prosper... Natural resoures dispear and rebuild... Many animals to train... I mean you could make your own traveling circus if youd like... And with such high death penalties, not many players will attempt to be gankers or even just fight whoever they see... for a regular character penalty is to go to the "afterlife", and depending on your deeds try to negotiate your way back..... And for a legend character it is a full loss... thats it, your dead......

I myself tried out for the contest to get into beta, but I doubt I will..

Discuss image!

Comments

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    I can't wait to try it, everything about it is very intriguing. Wow I spelled intriguing right.image

• PhrequencyPhrequency Member Posts: 314

wow thats what this game is about? hmmm sound interesting!!!

edit: anyone know what the price monthly is?

Main character in Pure Pwnage, Jeremy as himself and Teh Pwnerer...

Free File Hosting at Origin Now - 100 Megabyte Max Upload Per File
    http://www.OriginNow.com
  • ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

The amount of hype that's building around this game is raising my level of suspicion.

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736

Originally posted by Phrequency

0$
  • PhrequencyPhrequency Member Posts: 314

Originally posted by doobster
    edit: anyone know what the price monthly is?0$

yeah i noticed, that, and it drove me away from the game, i know whats coming for this game...

people are extremely hyped up!!! (guildwars)

the game is free!!! (hey guess what guildwars!!!!)

a suspicious new sub-genre (omfg look its guildwars!!!!)

and guess what! guild wars is plummitting!!!! OMFGWTFZORZ!!! yeah, im not interested now

Main character in Pure Pwnage, Jeremy as himself and Teh Pwnerer...

Free File Hosting at Origin Now - 100 Megabyte Max Upload Per File
    http://www.OriginNow.com
  • worldboy90worldboy90 Member Posts: 39
    The game will be completely free with ingame currency sold for real money... but heres the great catch, even with the best stuff in the game, you wont be the best... It'll require time to train up your character.. yes money will provide fun things.. but I believe the game could work... for all of those people annoyed of 12 year olds with a rich daddy.... you'll be able to kill them and loot all their things in this game if they get too annoyin ;). Well, its a 50 dollar fee to buy the game though... Also, I still fear they wont be able to put in soo much content, and still make it work! And Im afraid their graphics are about 5 years behind, if not more.
  • OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

edit: anyone know what the price monthly is?0$

yeah i noticed, that, and it drove me away from the game, i know whats coming for this game...

and guess what! guild wars is plummitting!!!! OMFGWTFZORZ!!! yeah, im not interested now

Look, I can find vague similarities too!

You play as a human (Guildwars)

You can wear clothes (Guildwars!!!!)

You walk on solid ground (OMFG IT THIS ISNT GUILDWARS THEN I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON HERE)

Man seriously, its not goign to be ANYTHING like Guildwars. Well...

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

I'm also looking forward to trying it out, I can always hope I get lucky and win a beta slot(which would make it like the first thing I have ever won in my life :P). I'm not expecting too much because it always works better in the end if I don't.

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

The game is going to suck. The hype is from a bunch of fanboys that I'm guessing originally trolled the Roma Victor forum. Then someone decided since no one gave a crap about Roma Victor on MMORPG.com (for good reason) to infest these forums with their rampant support.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253
    Im looking forward to RV, especially with my Free Beta that I will win in 13 days time image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

Im sorry, I look at the site, I look at the track record, or lack thereof, and I look at the screenshots, and I get more suspicious day by day.
    Im gona pull out my Dawn card on this one.. and if it does come out.. Im gona pull out my Horizons card.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

so you have to buy gear with real life money.

and people can kill you and take it.

go deep, im about to pass.

• Veiled_lightVeiled_light Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Erm its going to be a flop accept it
  • OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Originally posted by Veiled_light
    Erm its going to be a flop accept it

You think Dark and Light is goign to fail, but you think RV is going to do well? We must be in the Twilight Zone OOOOoooohh!

• Veiled_lightVeiled_light Member UncommonPosts: 855

Thats because they both arn't well known, bad quality overhyped on this site mmorpgs! People are trying to hype them, when tbh they wont go anywhere.

In my mind these are only worthy mmorpgs to be released to the public, but tbh the quality of mmorpgs isn't great as they seem to be in a test phase:

EQ

EQ2

eve online

DAOC

FF11

PS (mmofps)

UO

SWG

WOW

Anything else shud just be free

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060

Originally posted by Orcc

0$

Look, I can find vague similarities too!

You play as a human (Guildwars)

You can wear clothes (Guildwars!!!!)

You walk on solid ground (OMFG IT THIS ISNT GUILDWARS THEN I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON HERE)

Man seriously, its not goign to be ANYTHING like Guildwars. Well...

rofl.

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060

Originally posted by fulmanfu

so you have to buy gear with real life money.
    and people can kill you and take it.
    go deep, im about to pass.

Im with you on this dude.

*goes deep*

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

Originally posted by Orcc

no way man, romans used jetpacks my grams told me.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Wow that made my view of Roma Victor worse.  Its going to be like Tale in the Desert and EVE.  Sounds boring to me.
  • WillJones420WillJones420 Member Posts: 263

I'm not a big fan of historical MMO's. If I wanted history I'd go to a class, read a book, or listen to my history buff dad. Neither am I a big fan of the Roman Empire either. But to be honest this game does look kind of interesting just for the shere amount of things a player can do. I might give a look when it's released.

• CrimeCrime Member UncommonPosts: 70
    If I can kill Jesus and Northmen, count me in.
  • noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Originally posted by worldboy90
    Ok, I know I may be flamed on this, and blah blah blah.. But.. Anyways, I wish to talk about a game in the making, Roma-Victor.... Now, the only game that I could think of that comes near to this type of gameplay is probably EVE And A tale in the desert.... Now, this is the first game that doesnt force you to kill, nor quest, and is quite realistic. PLain and simple you live out the life of a roman with many new features. You dont have to lift a sword your whole life if you wish...... This whole game is based on possiblities.. You could actually become emeperor of rome... or the one who takes out rome itself... now... HEres the thing, its being made by a small team of professionals and to me seems very complicated to make. But I must say this will be the first mmorpg that wont be another "Magic and Dragons" clone..... OR some kind of sci-fi theme... Its a history based game, your expected to life a normal life and progress and prosper... Natural resoures dispear and rebuild... Many animals to train... I mean you could make your own traveling circus if youd like... And with such high death penalties, not many players will attempt to be gankers or even just fight whoever they see... for a regular character penalty is to go to the "afterlife", and depending on your deeds try to negotiate your way back..... And for a legend character it is a full loss... thats it, your dead......

Discuss image!

Making snap judgements like this is only going to dissapoint you at the end of the day. You just stated you havent actaully played the game yet so for all you know all these ''features'' could just be a big pile of crap. Im not saying the games bad but im not saying its good , the features do sound promising but that means nothing when you havent actaully got to play them.

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Originally posted by -Jaguar-
    The game is going to suck. The hype is from a bunch of fanboys that I'm guessing originally trolled the Roma Victor forum. Then someone decided since no one gave a crap about Roma Victor on MMORPG.com (for good reason) to infest these forums with their rampant support.

Yeah im somewhat puzzled myself as to why so many people on this forum seem to be making topic's lately hyping this game and calling it godly when it's graphics are 5 years old and have an extreme lack of detail and all the features are just well features... none of these people hyping it have played it yet so all these crazy features could just be a pile of crap.

• sushimeessushimees Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by worldboy90

Discuss image!

More seems like that the death penalty will not invite many players and this game might find itself in the dumpster. I'm sure a lot of people will stop playing the game because of the death penalty, also the population of this game isn't going to be big either I guess and the graphics are kinda ugly too atm.

• MystifieyMystifiey Member Posts: 3
    sounds like sims online

-------------------------------------------
    MMORPG GuRu
    AKA Dan