Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning before you buy: Hunted DF for pc!

GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

If you are real pc gamer dont buy this game its a pure cheap console port not only limited in options to adjust your grapfhics for your pc.

I wasted 50 euros again i realy need to be more carefull i was bit blinded by videos and that bethesda published this game omg i was decieved by this CRAP game:(

Its even when set on highest settings just AWEFULL looking game unbelieveble how these preview videos decieve you by looking great but when you actually get the game for your pc and i have top end gaming rig this game is one of worsed looking games in past 3 years.

And game is again a console port that have typical crap action and movement and limited save options plus simple follow path with no exploring but manytimes force to do what game say.

Now im even shamed to wear that T-shirt i got with game:P

Rating for PC 5/10

Comments

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

Well, the reviews did say it was a hack and slash Gears of War type game, too bad about the gfx (its ment for one console co op).

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by Aquazen

Originally posted by rojo6934

{mod edit}

{mod edit}

{mod edit}

edit: every game should have demo versions but some devs are both lazy and greedy and want you to buy the game without trying it, weather is good or bad

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Well luckly i can afford buying games but still its waste of my 50 euros, but dl before buy i will never do.

And wait for demo im not that patience, also im one of those who stop buy at shops and specially when i see a RPG released for PC ill buy it most of time. If posible i investigate first.

I watched those videos they made for hunted and with BETHESDA(My favorite developer)i thought ill take risk buying this game.

I could not find a review where they told us how PC version was so i bought game:(

Videos even tho they where looking ingame videos looked so damn good i thought wow this seems nice game.

I have a rather good gaming rig and PC full HD lcd screen but game looks awefull:(

And i think also that every game should have demo becouse PC GAMES they dont aloud to try before buy in gameshops.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

{mod edit}

I never went to a restaurant where they cooked me a free little stake for me to taste to cook me a big one if i liked it.

when i watch a movie in a movie theatre the first 15 minutes of the movie are not free to watch.

{mod edit}

• dracualdracual Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Onigod

{mod edit}

I never went to a restaurant where they cooked me a free little stake for me to taste to cook me a big one if i liked it.

when i watch a movie in a movie theatre the first 15 minutes of the movie are not free to watch.

{mod edit}

i agree. it is funny how people do not understand that downloading a pirated game even just to try it out is still pirating. alot of people have this mentality but it is wrong. if you are looking online and can not see good reviews then maybe it is just that horrible

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

{mod edit}

saying that you are not supporting piracy is just plain stupid cus you are supporting it by downloading that crap.

I'm not sure if you have your analogies right.  The pricing structure of games is purely exploitative, has been for years now, caused by publishers colluding to standardize the prices of new games out of sheer greed.  Demos are purely optional, and are becoming less and less common - or if they do release a demo, it comes out months after the initial release.  Officially I'm sure they will blame it on some government rule, but the reality of it is that they are allowed to fix their own prices without regard for quality of the product, which makes absolutely no sense.  Then of course, if it doesn't do well, the price eventually starts to fall, but only after they've pocketed undeserved revenue.  Movies are the same way, it is a problem with all media in general.

Restaurants, on the other hand, have pricing structures built specifically around quality of service, and are generally priced opposite that of media.  New ones usually start off cheap or with deals (their version of a demo), so they can earn your confidence, and then they can amp up their prices.  If they do well, they grow; if they don't, they close - restaurants actually have to pay for their mistakes.

Drawing similarities between video game sales and restaurant patronage implies that all restaurants, regardless of whether or not they are a greasy spoon with AIDS on every plate, or a five star eatery that serves sushi off of nude women, should be priced the same.  See how that analogy doesn't work?

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

You can talk whatever you want if you dl games for free many developers dont survive or bring games on market that are cheap and small couple of hours gameplay.

If we all buy our games im sure prices will drop.

You buy eather 1 game every month for 60 euros or maybe 5 games for 15 euros, becouse thats result people are willing to buy more if price is cheaper.

Its not COOL to downlaod games through torrents.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Originally posted by Groovydutch

You can talk whatever you want if you dl games for free many developers dont survive or bring games on market that are cheap and small couple of hours gameplay.

You buy eather 1 game every month for 60 euros or maybe 5 games for 15 euros, becouse thats result people are willing to buy more if price is cheaper.

Seems a bit naive, placing that kind of faith in an entity whose attitude toward their customers can be decribed as predatory at best.  I'd love a one way plane trip to that planet, where publishers care about gamers.

• SerpentarSerpentar Member Posts: 246

Originally posted by Groovydutch

Its not COOL to downlaod games through torrents.

So games that used to be in the 40 to 50 US Dollar range and are slowly moving up to the 50-60 dollar range, while posting record sales.  Or them charging a sub for simple little frills or 7-10 dollars for DLC for game that has already put that 40-60 US dollar dent in your wallet. 

Yes they are sure going to charge less. I give kudos to games like mincraft that gave a discount for buying the game before release. And most independant studios are at least decent with their pricing.  I give my money to those that deserve it. GoG.com for the older games that are DRM free. And to the more popular games if I am going to pay it for any length of time. 

Plus the whole dinner/movie is a bad analogy. You can ask your co-workers and get an idea about a resturant or movie. Trailers give a decent approximation of movies while game trailers only give you half of the experince. Plus the cost of a dinner or a movie if it does go bad isn't as much of a loss if you end up buying a 60 dollar game that is crap. Reviews are great but even a small demo can speak greatly about a game.

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

Originally posted by dracual

{mod edit}

saying that you are not supporting piracy is just plain stupid cus you are supporting it by downloading that crap.

i agree. it is funny how people do not understand that downloading a pirated game even just to try it out is still pirating. alot of people have this mentality but it is wrong. if you are looking online and can not see good reviews then maybe it is just that horrible

Plus one bazillion gameplay vids on youtube speak volumes on how the games actually play. If you follow one of the countless playalong series on the YT-channels you can easily get a 90% grasp of what the game does or doesn't feature. And if you choose wisely watching will addiitonally be fun...

For example, if the OP had followed Yogscast's "Hunted: The Demon Forge vids" he would have known after minute 10 that the game was complete crap. I know I did.

M

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Let's get the thread back on track and end the derail on piracy. Thanks, guys.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

Originally posted by Meridion

Plus one bazillion gameplay vids on youtube speak volumes on how the games actually play. If you follow one of the countless playalong series on the YT-channels you can easily get a 90% grasp of what the game does or doesn't feature. And if you choose wisely watching will addiitonally be fun...

For example, if the OP had followed Yogscast's "Hunted: The Demon Forge vids" he would have known after minute 10 that the game was complete crap. I know I did.

M

This! Seriously, use Youtube. Watch for spoilers (if you care about that) in the titles, and just try and get a grasp of how the gameplay is truely like.

There are so many gameplay videos, "Let's Plays..." or Total Biscuit's "WTF is...?" (or any other first impression piece) that are easily found on Youtube.

I've both saved a good bit of cash from this, and have also found games that I've truely enjoyed that I wouldn't have even bothered with originally.