Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This made me rage today.

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Okay so I logged into Global Agenda for my first time in a few weeks after plaiyng Darkfall and checking out other various games on the internet, anyways I am pissed off at what Hirez has done.

Okay so I thought paying $14.95 a month for boosts might not be so bad, but now Hirez wants extra money to change any type of feature on my character which really pisses me off that I cant pay in Credits or in Tokens as I could before without paying extra $5 just to change a hair, or any feature I want to.

Honestly I do not mind paying extra for weapons, or Farming up the tokens with a premium account but leaving a person no choice but to pay Extra cash to change their looks of their characters, I am sorry but that does it for me I will no longer be paying for a game that has these features although  I did not subscribe for every month I put a bit of money into this game, but not anymore because of this change until such is changed so we can also pay in Tokens at least or credits, and possibly have multiple profiles for character customization.

It seems that Hirez Studios has not learned from other MMO companies that Nickel & Diming its customers is not a good thing and they are willing to push it anymore, the reason is obvious, and that reason is more than likely because Global Agenda is just an Arena based game, doesn't really cost them anything to run, and they are working on new games anyways like Tribes which they want more money for to continue development, Well Hirez this is not the way to get money at least not from me, and I refuse to pay for any service that is going to do this type of stuff to its paying customers.

I will continue to watch and see what other MMO companies do this I know that Rift is currently offering more for the money and may buy that game but I am waiting to see if they are going to start Nickel & Dime people too.

No More Milking cows, and it seems like the MMO developers would have learned this already.

Lets not even talk about the amount of hacks that Global Agenda has on the market currently they have a large number of Aimbots which people actually use, although most are undetected due to the fact that Global Agenda is a fast paced action game, but I have run across two sites offering hacks for sale, which more than likely are the reason that recons seem to hit dead on a lot of times, and these hacks are stealthed, and undetectable, as it has push to toggle AImbot, ESP, and the works which doesn't do 360 spins  and doesn't   target stealthed players.

image AP Points Only Please? No more accepting tokens for Hair Changes, or Face changes?

Comments

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Cosmetic adjustments are the only thing they require agenda points for.  Charging for something that is neither game-breaking nor remotely necessary is hardly nickel and diming.

It's a shooter, nobody cares how unique anyone looks.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

right on!

honestly i hate it when companies double dip

you either make it a monthly subscription and you are able to access ANY content in the game

or 

you make it cash shop, (but not any kind of cash shop) DDO is the way to go, you play what you buy (like D&D books) you buy dungeon sets, and i would be willing to go to buy characters, so yes its free but it only comes with 1 pre built character... and 1 tutorial dungeon, 

but hell, you dont double dip!

oh and the cash shop rule, if you need to spend more than 15$/month to be viable then its to expensive... it if costs 15$ to be viable but you end up paying 40$ extra for that pink mohawk and rainbow pissing unicorn, well thats your problem, but the basics should not exceed 15$/month

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

True I have never even used these features in Global Agenda not even once, but again this is only the begining of a game company starting to milk the cows, and I refuse to be part of that when they want to charge $14.95 a month for Boosts, and then on top of that  all my tokens become useless for change of character or anything and I would have to pay extra If I wanted to use such.

Here is a question, why would HiRez allow tokens to be used when you purchase any type of gun, and then allow you to purchase with AP Points, but when it comes to change of hairs, or anything you wear you have to pay AP, or nothing else at all I find this to really piss me off  when this feature was offered to us before at no charge but a few tokens and then to go make this type of change to its customers.

I wonder next when Hirez is going to start offering Additional Booster packs for AP, or when they are going to start offering Unique Armor sets/Full costume rentals for money, hey this was only the begining, but again most the current generation of gamers are willing to spend out at least $30 a month if not more on a game that does this and the result is that they just continue to milk those cows, and we all know it.

They need to revert back to the old changes to allow tokens & AP as everything else is in the game, and if anyone didn't notice they obviously did not sell conquest gear for AP points yet because everyone would cry over that and it would come down to who has the most RL money to spend on it but maybe that is next?

As for game companies I am currently Avoiding at all costs for doing that Double Dip thing you are talking about.

1. World OF Warcraft, for multiple reasons and ruining the game play.

2. Nexon for lying to its customers, that it would always be a fair game in Combat Arms was a lie.

3. Turbine, Including D&D, and all other games made by them.

4. Cryptic Multiple Reasons.

5. NC soft for what they did to Aion Double Charge of people outside of the basics, as character changes should be part of the game, there shouldn't be any additional fees except for Extra Items, or Packages, but not for the basics of customize of character.

6. Most other F2P titles unless the cost is reasonable.

This honestly reminds me of Torrents how people will Leech from seeders, but  playing a F2P game that costs more than $14.95 a month and then charge for additional features in the game which should be free with that subscription is like Leeching even more money and paying for other people who are playing F2P as well aka a Leech.

Originally posted by Renoaku

True I have never even used these features in Global Agenda not even once, but again this is only the begining of a game company starting to milk the cows, and I refuse to be part of that when they want to charge $14.95 a month for Boosts, and then on top of that  all my tokens become useless for change of character or anything and I would have to pay extra If I wanted to use such.

Here is a question, why would HiRez allow tokens to be used when you purchase any type of gun, and then allow you to purchase with AP Points, but when it comes to change of hairs, or anything you wear you have to pay AP, or nothing else at all I find this to really piss me off  when this feature was offered to us before at no charge but a few tokens and then to go make this type of change to its customers.

I wonder next when Hirez is going to start offering Additional Booster packs for AP, or when they are going to start offering Unique Armor sets/Full costume rentals for money, hey this was only the begining, but again most the current generation of gamers are willing to spend out at least $30 a month if not more on a game that does this and the result is that they just continue to milk those cows, and we all know it.

They need to revert back to the old changes to allow tokens & AP as everything else is in the game, and if anyone didn't notice they obviously did not sell conquest gear for AP points yet because everyone would cry over that and it would come down to who has the most RL money to spend on it but maybe that is next?

I paid the 10 dollar one time account upgrade, never once bought (or felt it necessary to buy) a booster pack, and have obtained the practically all of my equipment through token vendors.  Most of the time, the stuff that comes off of mission loot has useless stat combos anyway.

For most players, there is absolutely zero reason to buy a booster, and only slightly more to buy the elite upgrade.  They have to make money somewhere so they chose the least pervasive option, by dipping into the 'people who obsess over things that are irrelevant to the game' pool.  People get all UFO conspiracy with f2p way too easily these days, mostly because of asian f2p habits.

As for game companies I am currently Avoiding at all costs for doing that Double Dip thing you are talking about.

1. World OF Warcraft, for multiple reasons and ruining the game play.

2. Nexon for lying to its customers, that it would always be a fair game in Combat Arms was a lie.

3. Turbine, Including D&D, and all other games made by them.

DDO does'nt double dip... you could get premium which is 9 or 15 /month (can't remember) and you get all content and an generous allowance to purchace at the store. one of my friends at the begining didnt spend a dime... when he got far enough he started to spend 5$ for dungeon packs...  until he realized he just hit the 15$/month spending and he needed more, so he got premium and for the same price unlocked everything....so you either spend less than 15$/month and if you need to spend more use it to get premium and you wont need to spend more than 15 (wow was that a redundant sentence?)

4. Cryptic Multiple Reasons.

5. NC soft for what they did to Aion Double Charge of people outside of the basics, as character changes should be part of the game, there shouldn't be any additional fees except for Extra Items, or Packages, but not for the basics of customize of character.

6. Most other F2P titles unless the cost is reasonable.

This honestly reminds me of Torrents how people will Leech from seeders, but  playing a F2P game that costs more than $14.95 a month and then charge for additional features in the game which should be free with that subscription is like Leeching even more money and paying for other people who are playing F2P as well aka a Leech.

Originally posted by cakeland

{mod edit}

was that necessary?

of course, you are hiding behind your computer screen... if you would have kept reading the post changed into a discussino about double dipping and financing strategies

insulting people will get you nowhere{mod edit}

I have 3 characters with Max Equipment, all Purples, but the whole point is that Global Agenda take away what we all once could pay for with Tokens, and made it AP Only which really makes me angry that a game company would go and backstab people by doing this to their players after we could pay with Tokens instead of AP.

I really don't care if I have played Global Agenda 2 years, 3 years, or put over $200 into GA I simply refuse to be part of a game company that is going to Nickel & Dime its customers, and even those who are already paying them for even more money.

So no I am not a GA newb or something and I easily get 1-3 on the Score Boards with a decent team, but I refuse to take part again in what HiRez & F2P companies like them are doing asking for a montly Fee for booster then asking for even more money just to change my characters appearance this is just as bad as the Korean games out there that are currently doing such.

And honestly Global Agenda as a game doesn't really cost anything to run its servers, and the ammount of upgrades they release which isn't all that lot compared to what they could be doing if it were an excelent company $14 a month from any person is more than enough to cover those costs if they do it correctly but Nickel & dime is still not the way to go, and one day that will come back on all these F2P games out there. I myself am also more than happy to pay a Subscription fee, and sometimes a few Extra bucks to any MMO company, but when they start to make certain parts of the game that should be 100% Free then I have issues with that when they can't offer me a flat rate deal, and honestly maybe they should just offer unlimited customizations as a Pay 2 Play or Subscription add to their booster.

What can I say really other than the MMO Industry is full of nothing but greed in the most.

I mean Look at WOW for example a P2P game company Millions of Dollars, and Look at Sony today they add station cash, Got really Greedy, and violated many peoples privacy and as a result Sony was hacked for what they did and now they lost Millions of Dollars, and WOW is loosing subscribers.

And about that whole sony thing I am glad that Karma finally caught up with them for everything they have done going against what its players wanted, I mean I am not ever going back to sony either with the way they run things and if you ask me they should get rid of maybe half their employee who can't do upgrades, or even design new games and get more people who can actually design, and give players what they want before I will ever go back.

Edit:

Okay so wait here a second, are you calling me a Liar about GA's Changes and that it is not true, Well I guess pictures do lie like someone else I know said.

http://tinypic.com/r/k1ambq/7 Yep as far as I can see on that it is AP Only.

To the Insults & Trolls.

You can sit behind a computer and make rude comments all you like, and you may think you are anonymous and can do anything you like, but then think again think about everything you have done on the internet and then see if you are really anonymous?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEV2CMfhCeo&feature=player_embedded Look @ HB Gary who lost his RL Job Meh?

I have 3 characters with Max Equipment, all Purples, but the whole point is that Global Agenda take away what we all once could pay for with Tokens, and made it AP Only which really makes me angry that a game company would go and backstab people by doing this to their players after we could pay with Tokens instead of AP.

I really don't care if I have played Global Agenda 2 years, 3 years, or put over $200 into GA I simply refuse to be part of a game company that is going to Nickel & Dime its customers, and even those who are already paying them for even more money.

So no I am not a GA newb or something and I easily get 1-3 on the Score Boards with a decent team, but I refuse to take part again in what HiRez & F2P companies like them are doing asking for a montly Fee for booster then asking for even more money just to change my characters appearance this is just as bad as the Korean games out there that are currently doing such.

And honestly Global Agenda as a game doesn't really cost anything to run its servers, and the ammount of upgrades they release which isn't all that lot compared to what they could be doing if it were an excelent company $14 a month from any person is more than enough to cover those costs if they do it correctly but Nickel & dime is still not the way to go, and one day that will come back on all these F2P games out there. I myself am also more than happy to pay a Subscription fee, and sometimes a few Extra bucks to any MMO company, but when they start to make certain parts of the game that should be 100% Free then I have issues with that when they can't offer me a flat rate deal, and honestly maybe they should just offer unlimited customizations as a Pay 2 Play or Subscription add to their booster.

What can I say really other than the MMO Industry is full of nothing but greed in the most.

I mean Look at WOW for example a P2P game company Millions of Dollars, and Look at Sony today they add station cash, Got really Greedy, and violated many peoples privacy and as a result Sony was hacked for what they did and now they lost Millions of Dollars, and WOW is loosing subscribers.

And about that whole sony thing I am glad that Karma finally caught up with them for everything they have done going against what its players wanted, I mean I am not ever going back to sony either with the way they run things and if you ask me they should get rid of maybe half their employee who can't do upgrades, or even design new games and get more people who can actually design, and give players what they want before I will ever go back.

They.. haven't made any gear purchasable with only agenda points, and the fact that you can buy "purples" (OMGEPIXX don't count for shit in this game, thankfully) for AP as well as tokens is hardly game-breaking or backstabbing.  They have level restrictions still, so why complain?  Unless of course you are the shooter version of some butthurt raider that wants people to feel inferior because you have done more grinding than they have.

Originally posted by twodayslate

They.. haven't made any gear purchasable with only agenda points, and the fact that you can buy "purples" (OMGEPIXX don't count for shit in this game, thankfully) for AP as well as tokens is hardly game-breaking or backstabbing.  They have level restrictions still, so why complain?  Unless of course you are the shooter version of some butthurt raider that wants people to feel inferior because you have done more grinding than they have.

I checked all the vendors in the game, And what you said is True, but take a look at this?

I can't customize my characters Hair or settings through Cybercuts, or that other place that allows you to customize your character.

But I can buy armors, or weapons and such for Tokens or AP.

I checked all the vendors in the game, And what you said is True, but take a look at this?

I can't customize my characters Hair or settings through Cybercuts, or that other place that allows you to customize your character.

Facial reconstruction and cybercuts are AP-only.  Doesn't affect gameplay and fits with the acceptable conventions of making cosmetic alterations into a microtransaction.

• Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 574

I restarted playing after a long time since i kinda liked global agenda... But then i show that they decided to make US PAY MONEY to get the good weapons from that "advanced/conquest gear shop".

Sorry but when u ask me for money to get the top weapons i simply wont even though i liked the game

Facial reconstruction and cybercuts are AP-only.  Doesn't affect gameplay and fits with the acceptable conventions of making cosmetic alterations into a microtransaction.

For you maybe, but These two changes that HiRez made are in fact true, as I can no longer use Tokens for what I could previously use, and as a paying subscriber at $14.95 a month I get Tokens not AP points, which I then would have to spend at least $5 extra per month or any time I want to make changes to my character, as this was part of the game way before they ever started their AP Micro Transactions it should have stayed Free, or with the cost of Tokens, with the Option to use AP as well, but the fact is that they changed it so that a player has to spend Extra Money now, and that is what I call Nickel & Dime people who play a game.

In general anything including but not limited to, Hair, Shape, Eyes, Clothing, anything that you can customize when you first make your character if any MMO like in Aion, or GA starts to charge extra money for it that is called Nickel & Dime, now if they start to sell additional expansion packs, or armor & such which is just costumes for the game and such then I would not care, but HiRez is taking away a feature which was part of the game since it first came out, and I have been in the game since Beta, so I know about the shops that were there, although they were closed for quite a few patches down the way but were given as free to everyone to use for the cost of in game money not Extra costs.

In general I will not be paying HiRez until either they include unlimited changes in their Subscription, or Revert it back to the way it was when we could all pay tokens to use it, and allow it to accept multiple currencies just like the other vendors in the game, while many people may or may not care about game companies that do this, I believe that we as customers have rights and that these type of actions that people do like this are just wrong.

Don't even get me started in talking about EULA, License, and TOS rights I mean if a game company out there fails to deliver a product I have paid for within 30 days I have paying rights as well, and that is why I use paypal, or credit card so I can always file complaints and at least dont loose what I paid for (;.

• cakelandcakeland Member Posts: 1

Let me rephrase my original post.

Renoaku, only being able to purchase CyberCuts with AP was a bug after the latest patch was deployed. Today they are fixing it in a new patch which adds alot more content as well.

I know HiRez very well and they would NEVER make any thing in the game AP ONLY. You can always play the game to earn the money to buy things, or you could fork over some cash if you are too lazy.

And I will say this again: At least go on the forums and read the latest updates from the developers before you come onto some random site and bash on them when, in fact, they are working as hard as they can to fix the bug which you didn't even know was a bug.

http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/253/session/L3NpZC9ELURaY1J1aw%3D%3D

"Fixed bug where users could not purchase from CyberCuts and DNA Reconstruction vendors."

Originally posted by cakeland

Let me rephrase my original post.

Renoaku, only being able to purchase CyberCuts with AP was a bug after the latest patch was deployed. Today they are fixing it in a new patch which adds alot more content as well.

I know HiRez very well and they would NEVER make any thing in the game AP ONLY. You can always play the game to earn the money to buy things, or you could fork over some cash if you are too lazy.

And I will say this again: At least go on the forums and read the latest updates from the developers before you come onto some random site and bash on them when, in fact, they are working as hard as they can to fix the bug which you didn't even know was a bug.

http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/253/session/L3NpZC9ELURaY1J1aw%3D%3D

"Fixed bug where users could not purchase from CyberCuts and DNA Reconstruction vendors."

I just went to Cyber Cuts, and Geno Lab to make changes to my character, but it says I can buy with AP Points only, I cant use Toekens as a previously used, or Credits to make cany changes at all.

On all other vendors besides these such as guns equipment or armor it will let me buy with either but with GenoLab, or Cyber Cuts it doesn't allow me to use tokens, and only accept AP Points.

So I really don't understand what is going on is this really a bug, because I do not see there being a bug in GA where you can only purchase something for AP Points, maybe the shop was bugged, but they did in fact remove the purchase of Cyber Cuts, and Geno Lab with tokens, or credits.

I have look on steam, and I do not see any patch notes ,or bug listings about this.

http://forum.globalagendagame.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=35603&hilit=Cyber This also confirms it I think.

I am really pissed off that Global Agenda would Nickel & Dime its customers, when Global Agenda was released I thought it was going to be open world PVP Like planet side and then find out it is a real fail because it is arena based combat so I drop my subscription and then it goes free 2 play and I start paying for boosters, but with GA starting to add additional fees beyond a normal Subscriber fee which screw up normal game play when I have already purchased a license to use that content then it really makes me angry, Hi Rez are not the only people to make me angry, and make me rage, NC Soft, and Blizzard too, but hey I quit both those companies as well until they make changes to make the community happy and start offering more for the normal subscriber rate, or other subscription offers with a flat rate fee because I will not be over charged for virtual items, and stuff that should be free as a paying customer using boosters, or pay as you go, this is really kinda like people stupid enough to subscribe to an $80 a month Cellphone bill instead of just buying an IPad with internet, and using Skype, or another messenger service along with free phone calls, I will never pay such high prices beyond $20 a month for any cellphone service, as Bandwidth doesn't cost much, and with the internet today there are tons of free open WI-FI spots to use.

• roscorosco Member Posts: 51

What is wrong with mmorpg.com ?? All I read on this site is lies and bullshit aimed toward HR.

NCSOFT and HR makes you angry ?

You know what makes me angry ? People lying on forums about videogames.

You did cancel your subscription ? Lie: There never was subscription in this game and HR never charged for subscription, never. And I play since beta.

Boosters changing gameplay ? Lie: There was no change to the game balance or gameplay with the introduction of boosters and/or F2P. All the stuff you see on other players can be acquired by you without paying any additional dollar. The only difference is the speed at which you can get this stuff.

And add to this the page of rant written in another topic about high-level players using consummable in game to easily win matches. Some kind or aristocracy that would own the ring using unfair methods. Lies lies lies...

The game is free, you download you install and you try. If you don't like the game it's ok, feel free to voice your opinion, but please stay factual and stay propagating nonsense. I was going to search this forum for informations about drift, but given what I read about a game I know I can as well remove this site from my bookmarks.

• sanskritsanskrit Member UncommonPosts: 95

Yeah, I gotta agree, if you are really into hair and facial features on your toons and customizing them back  and forth, perhaps you are playing the wrong game, cash shop or not. Maybe try a more traditional mmorpg as opposed to mmofps. And you keep copying your posts over and over and repeating the same things, which is very annoying.

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

Well, if you compare it to wow it's still a lot cheaper to play.  In wow you have to pay monthly, expansions are full price AND you have to pay for major cosmetic changes etc.  They have to make money somehow, as long as it isn't totaly shafting free players like most "free to play" do gamplay wise it's not to bad

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468

The game is F2P - that doesn't mean you get everything for free, just that you can play for free. You don't need to buy box, you dont need to pay subscription, but there still must be way for them to earn the cash.

You pay hard cash for changing visial features of your characters in almost all subscription based mmos, so why does this enrages you in F2P game ?

• Hard2killh2kHard2killh2k Member Posts: 8

This game is about 25% F2P if you compare with other F2P mmos'

• Hard2killh2kHard2killh2k Member Posts: 8

GA F2P account = can reach lvl 50, 50% credit, 50% token, no loot, may not buy from other players, may not sell to other players, may not create guild/agency,

Compared with other F2P mmos, 100% gold,loot, additional stuff usually from some cash item type boost. Can make your own guild , buy / sell with others.

see the difference?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Robokapp
    its either F2P or not F2P. "free" doesnt have degrees of comparison.

it cant be almost free, you cant be almost dead, a color cant be almost blue,

you can however be a little sad, very hot, slightly valuable and very intelligent.

see the difference?

The game can be partially free. If Blue were "Free" and Green were "Not Free", Global Agenda would be the Sea Foam Green of my car. Don't let the 'Green' in the name fool you...it's Blue and Green* mixed together. Which, by the way, no matter how much gas mileage it gets, does not make it cool.

For a reference point, if you pay as much for Global Agenda as I did when I purchased it from Steam, you get more access from the game than I have gotten. If you picked up the game recently, before the Free2Play transition and paid less than I did (by about $20), you get just as much access as I got out of the game.

The Free2Play Tier is a tier with less access to the game than I got, having paid the full price awhile back. You don't pay anything at all, so it seems like a fair deal to me.

** edit **
    * Technically, Blue and Yellow make Green, so this would be Blue with some amount of Yellow to get the Sea Foam Green color.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Cosmetic adjustments are the only thing they require agenda points for.  Charging for something that is neither game-breaking nor remotely necessary is hardly nickel and diming.
    It's a shooter, nobody cares how unique anyone looks.
     It's absolutely nickle and dimeing. It may not be game breaking but to charge for shanging a bit or two in a database which requires no intervention other than biilling is absurd. Obviously hirez is quite sure people care how they look or they wouldn't be charging for the changes.

So...they can't charge for things that affect winning or losing and they can't charge for things that are totally cosmetic (in a game where almost nobody will notice it). What exactly are they supposed to charge for, in a game environment where people will not pay anything for a game without first playing it?

This is an honest question. They have to charge for something and it has to be enough to fund the game plus profit for other games. What should they charge for?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.