Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The new Hellgate sucks...

mindsplitmindsplit Member UncommonPosts: 31

who is with me?

Comments

• ChaosProdigyChaosProdigy Member Posts: 45
    Its good except Pvp is crazy unbalanced and nightmare mode is ez mode a true joke... Wtf were they thinking???
  • P2PGamerP2PGamer Member Posts: 121

Wait, this game came back from it's death?  Nooooooooooooooo

The ZOMBIES are here!!!!!!!!!!

Power to the Sheeple

• ChaosProdigyChaosProdigy Member Posts: 45
    Its hard to find pvp matches too, and so far there is 5-15 min wait to get in due to high player base. I doubt this will be a issue as people start quitting.
    The loot aspect of game is great ala diablo addiction
    However pvp is imbalanced, and nightmare mode super easy so pve has no challenge.
    I dont see what will keep people playing
  • ZoulzZoulz Member Posts: 477

I'm not impressed. I thought they would at least have done something with the game. Fixed bugs and updated the graphics. What have they been doing all this time??

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

I'm extremely less intersted in it this time around...

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

It's worse than the version which had to be shut down. I gave it a chance but it's now uninstalled.

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380

i understand how you guys feel.. for me it was nice for nostalgia's sake and i have a feeling that what they've been doing this whole time is pretty much beyond act 2, the paid stuff.  i'm enjoying it for what it is.  it's an old title that had a ton of potential then got gutted, borked in the eye, and drained of all life by a terrible company with terrible decision making.

• IronfungusIronfungus Member Posts: 519

I'm kind of apalled they expect to get any kind of profit from this. Also, I don't remember it looking this horrible. Did the graphics downgrade or something?

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Took much longer to download and install then I actually played..  o.O  I said whaaaat theeee ****

Originally posted by ironfungus

I'm kind of apalled they expect to get any kind of profit from this. Also, I don't remember it looking this horrible. Did the graphics downgrade or something?

Yep, they removed DX10 and lowered texture quality to make it less intensive.

When it first appeared the game looked pretty good and would have just about made it graphics wise today, but with the tweaks it just looks old.

• kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

I'm not sure if it's the 'new' Hellgate that sucks, or more so that the game really hasn't stood up well to the test of time. It doesn't feel good...at all :( I had fond memories, but was left very dissapointed by the relaunch.

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

Felt the same about the graphics. I think it's just that they weren't that excellent to begin with (though nice enough back then), and some years have passed. This is why "realistic" graphics are less important than the feel, some games you can play 5 years later, 10 years, 20 years, they still look like you remember them. Maybe not top notch, but you don't think "how could i ever play something like this".

Wouldn't wonder though if they actually downgraded to save bandwith and stuff, and to make people buy the ticket to enjoy the content beyond act 2 where they used the better graphics, as some suggested.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I loved Hellgate when it first came out, I really did. However, upon playing it once more I realized that it really just isn't the same. The graphics are sub-par (and run like crap BTW), the gameplay is boring, the areas are repetitive and uninspired... why? Why do I feel this way now?

In a word, 'Borderlands'.

Hellgate was awesome upon release because it was basically Diablo with guns, something I'd wanted for quite a while. At the time, I was unwilling to overlook its flaws and have a great deal of fun in the game. Now however, I've played Borderlands. Other than being locked into a first person perspective, it's the same type of game as Hellgate, but with better areas, classes, guns, story, graphics (both technically and stylistically) etc.

I guess it took a very good 'Diablo with guns' style game to make me realize what a relatively lousy effort the first attempt at it was. Not saying Borderlands is perfect mind you, but it's a HELL of a lot further along (pun not intended) than Hellgate is now, or even was at release.

Sorry T3/Hanbit, but you waited far too long to bring this back to us, and it has been replaced, at least for me.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Obviously when Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 hits the shelves I won't be playing this but so far I have been having fun.

• ChimpsChimps Member Posts: 192

I never played the first hellgate but i tried this new one and well.

I quit before i even finished tutorial, i quit after basically 5-10 min. There was nothing exciting at the start of the game and everything was complicated.

It was CB so maybe its harsh for me to judge but i doubt its changed much.

Originally posted by Rednecksith

Now however, I've played Borderlands. Other than being locked into a first person perspective, it's the same type of game as Hellgate, but with better areas, classes, guns, story, graphics (both technically and stylistically) etc.

You missed out 'an awesome sense of humour'. It could well be the reason i haven't been able to get back into hellgate too, i only recently got into Borderlands this past week with a couple of friends but was instantly addicted. It's leaps and bounds above what is offered in Hellgate.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Originally posted by Kabaal

Originally posted by Rednecksith

Now however, I've played Borderlands. Other than being locked into a first person perspective, it's the same type of game as Hellgate, but with better areas, classes, guns, story, graphics (both technically and stylistically) etc.

You missed out 'an awesome sense of humour'. It could well be the reason i haven't been able to get back into hellgate too, i only recently got into Borderlands this past week with a couple of friends but was instantly addicted. It's leaps and bounds above what is offered in Hellgate.

Yeah, how could I forget the quirky humor of those guys at Gearbox? Yet another plus!

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Would like a return to the 64 bit DX 10 graphics now that I have a PC that can handle it, but otherwise it was my favorite game at the time & I'm having fun playing it again. It runs smooth for me with no interference from bugs so far. If they pumped the graphics back up or if the settings are higher in the more recent areas, how many of you would come back around to the positive side?

I liked Borderlands but in the end it was all guns and no real class customization. Plus it was heavily consolized with a less intuitive interface. Even more simplistic than HG overall. I'd pick HG anyday.

• mindsplitmindsplit Member UncommonPosts: 31

Grapihcs are bad, animations are bad and buggy, lag is there and the UI is clunky. I remember the original Hellgate was better in every aspect. It feels like a early beta.

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

It is so wrong to charge for anything after Act 2. This payment model is as stupid as the first one tht initially doomed this game.

Someone find the old penny-arcade pay vs free subscribers for Hellgate, because it suddenly got relevant again.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

The installer is made by obvious idiots. If you stop it, you have to take it all the way from the start.

The loading screen freezes.

Worse graphics than the original.

Sometimes bosses respawn when they die, and even double up. Kill one, get 2 more. WTF IS THAT?

Aw, and let's not forget the Market, that has a lag measured in MINUTES. As I write this, I am trying to put something for sale with no success. The same goes for buying. I received my 1st item bought with a delay of 1 day.

... I will probably play it until the end of act 2, and then just dump it.

Originally posted by Kalfer

It is so wrong to charge for anything after Act 2. This payment model is as stupid as the first one tht initially doomed this game.

Someone find the old penny-arcade pay vs free subscribers for Hellgate, because it suddenly got relevant again.

Should they not charge you a measily $4 and therefore not make any money running the game?

Originally posted by BTrayaL

The installer is made by obvious idiots. If you stop it, you have to take it all the way from the start.

The loading screen freezes.

Worse graphics than the original.

Sometimes bosses respawn when they die, and even double up. Kill one, get 2 more. WTF IS THAT?

>>>>Actually some of them will heal 2 or 3 times when they get low on health if you don't dps them hard enough.

Aw, and let's not forget the Market, that has a lag measured in MINUTES. As I write this, I am trying to put something for sale with no success. The same goes for buying. I received my 1st item bought with a delay of 1 day.

... I will probably play it until the end of act 2, and then just dump it.

AH has been fixed.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Originally posted by jpnole

AH has been fixed.

Yes, they fixed the AH, it was working yesterday.

On the other hand, I saw many players selling "Ticket for Act 3".

Now, this means that each act beyond 2 costs 4$, not ALL-inclusive for 4$. If someone needs proof, I will post a screenshot of the ticket item.

• KotabearKotabear Member Posts: 13

Not bad!