Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

another newb question - armor crafting

Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360

I'm in Bakti.  I have 70 armor crafting and 25 in soft armor crafting.  How do I make Khurite Scout armor?  I should be able to craft it at skill 0 of soft armor, as I've read.

All I see as an option is the robe option for armor crafting at the table.

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

I apologize in advance, as I have done very little with armorcrafting, and it's been a long time since then.  You may have to learn the Khurite Scout armor skill from a book, with the 25 skill in Soft Armor being the prerequisite to learn it.

Perhaps an experienced armorsmith will chime in here with more certain (and useful) information.

You've probably read this, but here's a basic guide to armorcrafting:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/58830-armour-crafting-you.html

As well as the armorcrafting guide from the MortalWiki: http://www.mortalwiki.org/wiki/Armor_Crafting

Both are a few months old, so I'm not sure what, if any, impact Dawn may have had on their accuracy.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360

Thanks, Rohn.  Read both.  I'm stumped so far.  I may see if I can find someone in game who has some ideas on it.

Originally posted by Pale_Fire

Thanks, Rohn.  Read both.  I'm stumped so far.  I may see if I can find someone in game who has some ideas on it.

If you're in Bakti, the Forsaken <FOR> guys are generally very helpful - one of them would be good to ask.

I started my armorsmith near launch, when starting characters had backgrounds which granted a set of starting skills.  I think I was able to make Khurite Scout armor right from the start.  You may have to learn the skill by reading a book you buy from the Librarian now.  Wish I had better info for you.

I know one of the Forsaken guys, Mauzi, who's a good guy.  Gave me some food and great advice about a week or so ago.

I found the answer to my question here.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/59636-armor-crafting.html

I have to buy the skill book.  It's not in Bakti, from what I can tell.  I need to make the trek to Vadda.

There are 3 Librarians in Bakti - the one that sells the Khurite Scout armor skill book is the one standing closer to the back entrance (still fairly close to the main Librarian that's in the big hut, maybe 50 feet to the east of the hut).  He's standing by a fence in the village.  The NPC is named "Tutor", and the book costs 50 silver.

I certainly agree that the Forsaken guys are some of the best you'll find in the game - very helpful, with a great approach to playing the game and making the "world" better.

Sweet.  Thanks, Rohn.

You're welcome, Pale.

That's one of the things I like about Bakti and Mohki - they've got some really useful librarians located in the villages (and they're some of the more centrally located places in Myrland, allowing you to get around pretty well).