Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for certain kind of MMORPG

jallardjallard Member Posts: 9

Hi all!

I am looking for a free online mmorpg game that is much like Dragon Age Origins where one can play in either 1st or 3rd person. Not interested in cartoon type characters. A game where you create your own character right down to the freckles on their faces. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• wrkeechwrkeech Member UncommonPosts: 116

Thats a pretty generic list of requirements... I suggest you check out youtube and do a search on free MMO's.  Two channels that may help you out are freemmogamer and mmohut (see links below).  Good luck in your search.

http://www.youtube.com/user/freemmogamer

http://www.youtube.com/user/MMOHut

• jallardjallard Member Posts: 9

I guess what I am really looking for are life size characters like in DAO or Mass Effect or  Evercrack or WarCraft.

• wrkeechwrkeech Member UncommonPosts: 116

Originally posted by jallard

I guess what I am really looking for are life size characters like in DAO or Mass Effect or  Evercrack or WarCraft.

If your looking for a fully 3D MMO look into Allods online. From what I understand, its is a free Warcraft alternative. http://allods.gpotato.com/

Everquest 2 and Lord of the Rings Online are also free as well.  http://www.everquest2.com/   http://www.lotro.com/

If your looking for something outside of the Fantasy Genre, check out Champions Online. http://www.champions-online.com/

EQ2, LOTRO and Champions were all pay to play games that switched over to a free to play model. Although you tend to get more content if you subscribe to them, but they are by no means unplayable with a free account... just limited.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Freckles and not cartoonish and free.

Age of Conan, parts are free, as of today. You can get down to freckles and moles on your characters.

Champions Online, a lot is free, you can do just about anything with your character. Not cartoony, but it is comic booky. Maybe too subtle a difference. Just look at screenshots and vids.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

What gets me is that they entice you with all those half naked babes in screenshots and the like, while in-game they are fully clothed. False advertising at it's best, I guess.

• thisisquickthisisquick Member Posts: 2

This might not be a Dragon Age like game but I was actually super surprised at how amazing this game is. APB Reloaded. I was playing Age of Conan and I just randomly thought of the game and decided to take a look at it. It's a shooter mmo which when I first heard of the game made me laugh but... They are definitely getting the last laugh. I am addicted. It is in open beta right now, I am telling you give it a try dude. It's worth a shot.

• King_KumquatKing_Kumquat Member Posts: 492

AoC, LotRO, Perfect World has a pretty good character builder.

APB tho' if you wanna be a wiz at customizing your look. But it's a shooter.

Will develop an original MMORPG title for money.
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Sounds like you're looking for Aion.

<3

I am looking for something more adult than playing with pixies. I want to get into the game, up front and personal; albeit in either 1st or 3rd person;  and I want my female PC to be human and scantily clad. For example, Dragon Age Origins' character creator, as far as I am concerned is second to none. Any other recommendations as to what MMORPH fits the aforementioned description, or am I farting in the wind?

• thisisquickthisisquick Member Posts: 2

There isn't a game that is going to be exactly like Dragon Age. But you want adult and a lot of customization. So it sounds like Age of Conan. It is a rated M game. Partial nudity is true. Lots of blood. Realistic as hell if you can max it out of the pc, and it takes a shit ton of skill.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Originally posted by thisisquick

There isn't a game that is going to be exactly like Dragon Age. But you want adult and a lot of customization. So it sounds like Age of Conan. It is a rated M game. Partial nudity is true. Lots of blood. Realistic as hell if you can max it out of the pc, and it takes a shit ton of skill.

This there is only AoC that fits into what you want. As other have said already.

Well, obviously there isn't a MMORPG anywhere that fits into my criteria.: which, incidentally, doesn't surprise me. But, I thought I'd try? Thank you all for your responses.

Alright, I will give it a try. I just hate installing games and finding that it doesn't fit my needs. Thanks.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I am looking for something more adult than playing with pixies. I want to get into the game, up front and personal; albeit in either 1st or 3rd person;  and I want my female PC to be human and scantily clad. For example, Dragon Age Origins' character creator, as far as I am concerned is second to none. Any other recommendations as to what MMORPH fits the aforementioned description, or am I farting in the wind?

well, if you thing that wanting "my female PC to be human and scantily clad" is more adult than "playing with pixies" .... :)

Pixies are fine I suppose. I just got really spoiled with DAO and their mauture content --i.e. scantily clad human and elf females that look like Victoria Secret models,  kicking butts and taking names. But, even with all of the mods and their sexual content,  after steadily playing since the game came out I am bored with it. DA2 is a joke and I don't play it.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Pixies are fine I suppose. I just got really spoiled with DAO and their mauture content --i.e. scantily clad human and elf females that look like Victoria Secret models,  kicking butts and taking names. But, even with all of the mods and their sexual content,  after steadily playing since the game came out I am bored with it. DA2 is a joke and I don't play it.

try the witcher (srpg)

i just spent several minutes downloading and installing Age of Conan and within ten minutes of play I was absolutely hating it. There is no function --i.e. Left Mouse button for attack-- in fact, all my character did was stand there and let the stupid scavanger kill her. She would not fight back. What kind of game is this? She wouldn't even puch the guy let alone use the broken bottle. Yea, I have a copy of the keyboard, for all the good it doesn't do. Just another friggin game to uninstall. Thank God for REVO uninstaller. What a piece of crap. Also, the game isn't free. You have to purchase everything you need --or so it appears anyway. I hate false advertising.

• Dru72Dru72 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 57

i just spent several minutes downloading and installing Age of Conan and within ten minutes of play I was absolutely hating it. There is no function --i.e. Left Mouse button for attack-- in fact, all my character did was stand there and let the stupid scavanger kill her. She would not fight back. What kind of game is this? She wouldn't even puch the guy let alone use the broken bottle. Yea, I have a copy of the keyboard, for all the good it doesn't do. Just another friggin game to uninstall. Thank God for REVO uninstaller. What a piece of crap. Also, the game isn't free. You have to purchase everything you need --or so it appears anyway. I hate false advertising.

I've just spent the last several hours playing this. Most of the time I felt I was on autopilot. I never was ever hyped about this game to be honest but downloaded it to give it a chance at least. While the graphics seem appealing, the combat for me was a tad awkward. The other apsects that let it down for me was that it's very quest heavy, felt like I didnt have any free roam, felt very restricted in the gameplay.

Another one bites the dust :)

• King_KumquatKing_Kumquat Member Posts: 492

Well you didn't pay for a box and could go around the world. That's free to play, and that's all that phrase means. 

Will develop an original MMORPG title for money.
  • june32ndjune32nd Member Posts: 122

OP should really just stick to console and solo offline RPGs. Dragon Age isnt really an MMO and your trying to recreate that experience in an MMO and thats isn't going to happen just yer. if you like dragon age so much just continue to play it.

Originally posted by june32nd

OP should really just stick to console and solo offline RPGs. Dragon Age isnt really an MMO and your trying to recreate that experience in an MMO and thats isn't going to happen just yer. if you like dragon age so much just continue to play it.

FYI:

I hope you weren't being snarky in your comment? When I was referring to Dragon Age Origins I was referring to its character creator, the free roaming world and the fact that it was muture in nature --i.e. sex and romance, blood and guts. Peronally, I don't think that these MMORPG's are all that awesome to play. At the very least they get  monotonous. They aren't "really free to play" either, as you have to purchase coin to upgrade your character or pay a subscription fee.  In Forsaken World I spent $10 purchasing ZEN. They took my ten bucks but gave me no ZEN. Although, I suppose that's my fault for being foolish enough to think they were being honest and forthright.  Incidentally, I don't own a console, just a PC.