Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summary of Summit, Day One by CSM Trebor...

BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

You can find the original blog here. This is the full summary:

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Peace Talks - Day One

The first day of the great Incarna Peace Talks is over. I will not attempt to go into incredibly great detail in this posting; I just want to give a broad overview and offer some impressions. To be honest, I'm exhausted and only have a few minutes before dinner.

I want to start by saying that everyone at CCP, and in particular CCP Zulu, was very open and frank about their opinions, and provided any information CSM requested. This was very useful.

In the morning, we discussed issues regarding the rollout of Incarna and the Captain's Quarters. Just about everything people have been bitching about and then some was discussed in detail -- melting video cards, multiboxing, lighting, the death of ship spinning, just to name a few.

CCP started this meeting by saying something incredibly smart. It gave me hope that the entire summit would be a success, but you will have to wait to find out what it was. Suffer, bitches.

Then, after lunch, we spent over 3 hours discussing the Noble Exchange rollout and virtual goods pricing. This was a very passionate session, to say the least.

CSM got a complete rundown on the overall CCP vanity goods strategy, and it became obvious how a series of mistakes and communications breakdowns -- both internal at CCP, to CSM, and in their messaging to you (and lack thereof) -- resulted in the NEX rollout debacle.

There should be a devblog coming out in the very near future that explains CCP's strategy, puts things into context, and hopefully starts healing this self-inflicted wound. Anyone can shoot themselves in the foot, or the ass, but in this case CCP managed to do both with one shot, which takes real skill.

The day ended with some work-in-progress demos of the other CQs and an establishment. Some nice work, and the Gallente CQ is the best CQ IMHO.

Tomorrow, we will tackle the big question: Does CCP have plans to release game-affecting virtual goods (aka "gold ammo")?

Suggestion of the day: adding a "Just Say NO to Virtual Goods" t-shirt to the Noble Exchange, priced higher than a monocle. Is CCP fearless enough to do it?

Posted by MadOverlord at 2:31 PM

You can also follow CSM Trebor on Twitter here for updates throughout the day.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
{
beat();
}

Comments

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Sounds like the CSM is rolling over for CCP in exchange for seeing the shinies first.

• XianthosXianthos Member Posts: 723

Yeah rather disapointed by CSM and all the new stuff you hear about them just justifys my disapointment.

EvE doors

See the best doors on EvE-on!

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by Xianthos

Yeah rather disapointed by CSM and all the new stuff you hear about them just justifys my disapointment.

It's all political, and modern political parties sell out to corporations as well.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by Xianthos

This is a hilarious post since the CSM has been maintaining the 'no gold ammo' line and hasn't actually said anything else yet.

I believe a full statement made by CCP with CSM approval will be out within a day or two (depending on your timezone).

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515
    Originally posted by Xondar123

Sounds like the CSM is rolling over for CCP in exchange for seeing the shinies first.

I fail to see where in that OP post this is shown to be? Perhaps your time would be better spent playing Minecraft rather than Trolling here ;)

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Some people are reading into this a lot more than what is actually there. I can see the CSM are making headway by their positive tone but we will have to wait to see what those gains are. We should however wait until the final release after the meetings before jumping to any conclusions.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362

am I the only one inherently tired of this whole thing. Eve isn't that huge a game to begin with, why this is getting the attention it is is kinda baffling.  CCP has never really let eves player base effect elements of the game that would infringe on it's profitability, they aren't going to stop here. There will be some back peddling, so pricing adjustments, but overall there never was an intent scrap the item shop even if a minority of the player base threw a fit.

so say we all