Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12 reasons you should drop your fantasy mmo for Hellgate Global!!!!

Comments

• EtherniaEthernia Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by jpnole

Originally posted by SwampRob

Originally posted by marganculos

WTF you f*cktards stop complaining on every forums about "its not F2P" omg just for 4$ you have have FULL game... im so glad this trolls wont be in Hellgate lol :P because 4$ "omg i can buy 1 hamburger instead, hellgate is overpriced!".....

How about "we already paid for the content"?   or "they have been saying all along it will be F2p"?    It's not the 4 bucks, it'd be the same reaction if it was 4 cents.   People don't like being lied to or jerked around.

Come on! You and all the rest can't say you were surpirsed that there would be an entrance fee of some sort. No supposedly F2P model has been truly F2P yet. It's only $4.

Not related to hellgate and while i do agree, $4 is cheap.

League of Legends says hello in regards to your "No supposedly F2P model has been truly F2P yet".

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Originally posted by alkarionlog

• First person combat on some classes

• Monsters and bosses that demand respect

• No "trinity" needed for groups!

• Normal/Nightmare difficulty toggle

• Marksman build actually requires that you aim a reticule as opposed to continually tapping 1,2,3... repeat.

• Randomized areas

• Real Diablo-style loot mechanics

• No eleves or fairy tales

• True character build customization. Viable builds whether you are specialized or hybrid.

• Random treasure, hidden and elite passageways

• F2P/B2P hybrid - a small fee allows your main and all your alts access to huge unrestricted amounts of content after Act 2

• No tab targetting!!!!! All classes must do it themselves!

There are more but I'll let my fellow die hard Hellgaters add them in. See you all in Hell!!!!!

it still have fantasy elements, several game have random treasures, normal difficult is ridiculous easy, I was playing on hardest difficult possible and I was still thinking it was too easy,

bosses respect? please just shot and evade close confront and you are gold for melee kind you have the def to take all damage and laught at it, first person is hardly something new anarchy you can play on first person so like aion too, the random areas all look the same ts still use the same map kind nothing diferently from the normal,

its still ahve his fairy tails, like why demons invaded.

also after that ticket anouncement 2 days before the launch of the open beta, people are just pissed they are lied about it and will not play anymore for fear to be flagshiped again.

and the simple fact you have to make a post here taunting people to drop they games for this old thing make me thing you guys who still want to play it are that desperate to not let it sink, too bad hanbisoft already shows his colors and a lot of peeps will not even care to play the open beta.

also a side note I saw a game do that before, it was free till they lock content with ticket you had to buy, well after that the the game who had 3 full server became a ghost town of only 300-400 peeps playing, after 2 months like this they anounce they would remove the tickets, well the damage as already done and they get only enough peeps to have 1 server full enough so people would stop complining they don't had anyone to play with or against. diference is the company was smart enough to change back and try to save his server, from what I notice from then since the CB is they don't, so well just hope i'm wrong and you can get enough morons to play it, if not well flagshiped again

if you played the original, just get your old copy install it and play the single player one, because the multiplayer will be so empty it will make no diference if is SP or multi. also only diference is they changed the lame script of trying to make jokes and keep it more serious, but otehr then that its all the same. If not don't even bother this game is too old and the company will jsut try to milk you for money from it.

Obviously you weren't logged in during the last beta. It was very busy. This game has a good cult following that will only get better with time.

• gundamwinggundamwing Member Posts: 49

I will probably check this game out since I am always looking to try out an online game that is different from the norm.. I wanted to play it it back when it was first released but then it closed up shop. Hopefully it will last longer this time!

Games playing: Lotro,Fallen Earth,Star Trek Online.
    Games playing casually: CoX,Guild Wars,FFXIV,Champions Online,DDO.
    Games Played: WoW,DR,L2,RoM,FFXI,Earthrise,EQ2,DAoC,WAR,Rift,Alganon,EVE,G&H Rome Rising.
    Waiting for: Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic.
    PC Specs: Intel i7 990x 3.5ghz, 6gb ddr3 Ram,EVGA GTX 570 SC FTW,EVGA x58 Classified 4-way SLI MB, 2TB HDD 7200rpm, 60GB Intel SSD: OS Drive, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Westinghouse 21 in. 1680x1050.

Originally posted by Ethernia

Originally posted by SwampRob

WTF you f*cktards stop complaining on every forums about "its not F2P" omg just for 4$ you have have FULL game... im so glad this trolls wont be in Hellgate lol :P because 4$ "omg i can buy 1 hamburger instead, hellgate is overpriced!".....

How about "we already paid for the content"?   or "they have been saying all along it will be F2p"?    It's not the 4 bucks, it'd be the same reaction if it was 4 cents.   People don't like being lied to or jerked around.

Come on! You and all the rest can't say you were surpirsed that there would be an entrance fee of some sort. No supposedly F2P model has been truly F2P yet. It's only $4.

Not related to hellgate and while i do agree, $4 is cheap.

League of Legends says hello in regards to your "No supposedly F2P model has been truly F2P yet".

I don't count LOL in there because it's just a PVP lobby game.

• dmathewsfldmathewsfl Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by Palebane

I assume this is a half-baked Borderlands with a cash shop?

hmmm.... can you tell me how many zombies was in Borderlands? i think i can count this with one hand :D

the island of dr zed had TONS of zombies :D

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by dmathewsfl

Originally posted by Palebane

I assume this is a half-baked Borderlands with a cash shop?

hmmm.... can you tell me how many zombies was in Borderlands? i think i can count this with one hand :D

the island of dr zed had TONS of zombies :D

And was the best part of the game to boot.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

• Marksman build actually requires that you aim a reticule as opposed to continually tapping 1,2,3... repeat.

• Randomized areas

• True character build customization. Viable builds whether you are specialized or hybrid.

• F2P/B2P hybrid - a small fee allows your main and all your alts access to huge unrestricted amounts of content after Act 2

There are more but I'll let my fellow die hard Hellgaters add them in. See you all in Hell!!!!!

it still have fantasy elements, several game have random treasures, normal difficult is ridiculous easy, I was playing on hardest difficult possible and I was still thinking it was too easy,

bosses respect? please just shot and evade close confront and you are gold for melee kind you have the def to take all damage and laught at it, first person is hardly something new anarchy you can play on first person so like aion too, the random areas all look the same ts still use the same map kind nothing diferently from the normal,

also after that ticket anouncement 2 days before the launch of the open beta, people are just pissed they are lied about it and will not play anymore for fear to be flagshiped again.

and the simple fact you have to make a post here taunting people to drop they games for this old thing make me thing you guys who still want to play it are that desperate to not let it sink, too bad hanbisoft already shows his colors and a lot of peeps will not even care to play the open beta.

also a side note I saw a game do that before, it was free till they lock content with ticket you had to buy, well after that the the game who had 3 full server became a ghost town of only 300-400 peeps playing, after 2 months like this they anounce they would remove the tickets, well the damage as already done and they get only enough peeps to have 1 server full enough so people would stop complining they don't had anyone to play with or against. diference is the company was smart enough to change back and try to save his server, from what I notice from then since the CB is they don't, so well just hope i'm wrong and you can get enough morons to play it, if not well flagshiped again

if you played the original, just get your old copy install it and play the single player one, because the multiplayer will be so empty it will make no diference if is SP or multi. also only diference is they changed the lame script of trying to make jokes and keep it more serious, but otehr then that its all the same. If not don't even bother this game is too old and the company will jsut try to milk you for money from it.

Obviously you weren't logged in during the last beta. It was very busy. This game has a good cult following that will only get better with time.

the last before they told us about the ticket thing, after that you can count on what you marked, you lost peeps for that and the diference is who will play after act 3 and foward, not much

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

• Randomized areas

the last before they told us about the ticket thing, after that you can count on what you marked, you lost peeps for that and the diference is who will play after act 3 and foward, not much

Not that I understood your post but anyways... $4 isn't much.

• P2PGamerP2PGamer Member Posts: 121

For real!  I mean seriously!  Devs need to paid and servers/expenses/updates need to be paid for? Nooooooo 

Power to the Sheeple

• GaurnGaurn Member Posts: 305

*Sits rocking in his chair, twiddling his thumbs, counting down the hours with $4 sitting in his lap.*

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

• Randomized areas

again with the price thing, first they never told us how much would be, if is $4 good, still not gonna pay, they flat lied to us before saying it would be a CS with things who would help us, people asked before if all content would be open to everyone they told us "yes, all is free", just to get more drops xp and other consumables we would need to use the CS (like the auto break for items to save time), then 2 days before the launch they tell us we can only play till act 2 then if we want to play we have to pay then.

and again its not about the price but the act of lying to us and hope we forget, that is the reason people take so much abuse saying they need to make money then CCP and other companys are putting CS in P2P games, they only do that because people like you have no spine and let then do as they please with your money and people mindless give then more money.

the problem is not the people who complain when they feel like people make then look like idiots, is teh people who, complain with about who complain, if you want to look like a fool and don't care its ok, its your right, same right I have to fight back against people who want to make me a fool, so sorry i'm not a fool who like to be lead around, but don't matter what you say or how much they charge they will not get my time on that game. and good luck hope you don't get flagshiped again

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

• Randomized areas

again with the price thing, first they never told us how much would be, if is $4 good, still not gonna pay, they flat lied to us before saying it would be a CS with things who would help us, people asked before if all content would be open to everyone they told us "yes, all is free", just to get more drops xp and other consumables we would need to use the CS (like the auto break for items to save time), then 2 days before the launch they tell us we can only play till act 2 then if we want to play we have to pay then.

and again its not about the price but the act of lying to us and hope we forget, that is the reason people take so much abuse saying they need to make money then CCP and other companys are putting CS in P2P games, they only do that because people like you have no spine and let then do as they please with your money and people mindless give then more money.

the problem is not the people who complain when they feel like people make then look like idiots, is teh people who, complain with about who complain, if you want to look like a fool and don't care its ok, its your right, same right I have to fight back against people who want to make me a fool, so sorry i'm not a fool who like to be lead around, but don't matter what you say or how much they charge they will not get my time on that game. and good luck hope you don't get flagshiped again

While your argument about honest business practices has merit, I feel you are  in a minority when it comes to the seriousness with which you are taking the payment model. Most folks are going to pay up the $4 whether Hanbitsoft lied or not. In fact, they could set up a huge sign in one of the train stations saying that I'm a complete fool and I would still give them whatever they are asking to play because I find the game to be so much fun.

• ErolatErolat Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by monstermmo

Originally posted by steelrain666

One ticket subscription allows a player to enter a specific area and dungeon after Hellgate's Act 2 (Starting at Waterloo Bridge). It gives players the access to continue quests and experience a whole new game play. The Ticket subscription is your gateway to hell's eternity. The ticket is eternal and everlasting.

Areas that will be unlocked after ticket1 usage:

- Act 3

- Act 4

- Act 5

- 2nd Attack

- Abyss

- Stonehenge

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You would have to buy 6 tickets to unlock everything...

No.

1 ticket gives access to all that.

Its $4.

When they first posted it up the wording was very iffy and confused people. Theyve updated and clarified tho.

*One ticket subscription allows for all characters from one account to enter one expansion. "

It clearly states that one ticket gets access to one area, not all areas. And sure, it is only $24 to get access to all areas, but for how long? Eventually I would think  that they will have expansions.  How much will those cost?

The part that drives me away from this is the section above the quoted text.  The game may be Cheap2P (not quite F2P) but it is pay-to-win.  Any time you can spend cash to get items not avalialbe in game, that have a direct affect on how effective you are in combat, the game becomes about who can spend the most.  It is no longer about how good an indivual player is.

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

It was an unfinished pile of garbage when it was released back then, and it now looks WORSE. Every little bit of potential got wasted.

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

Seems they're running an old build with the new content.

Not very impressive, is it.

• IronfungusIronfungus Member Posts: 519

I'll check out open beta / trial, but it doesn't look a whole lot different from the game it used to be...

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by DKLond

Do you have proof of that? If so, link please to the source where they state that they use an old build.

Well, anyway, I played the beta weekend and I had a blast. So I'm going to give this one a try, we'll see how it compares to that beta weekend. I found myself feeling wanting for more when the weekend ended all too soon, so if the rest is the same I'm sure I'll enjoy it immensely. As a little on-the- side MMO of course.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Originally posted by DKLond

Do you have proof of that? If so, link please to the source where they state that they use an old build.

Well, anyway, I played the beta weekend and I had a blast. So I'm going to give this one a try, we'll see how it compares to that beta weekend. I found myself feeling wanting for more when the weekend ended all too soon, so if the rest is the same I'm sure I'll enjoy it immensely. As a little on-the- side MMO of course.

No proof, which is why I said "seems".

However, based on the old bugs persisting - I'd say it's a pretty good guess. I specifically remember them fixing the "invisible" party member bug during the initial run, because it was there for AGES - and I hated it with a passion.

I also seem to recall them fixing the "massive slowdown" bug at some point - or at the very least they suggested a failsafe solution to the problem.

Also, given how they've taken out DX10 - which also got to a reasonable working state during the FSS period, I'd say it's pretty certain.

At least, I don't see any other explanation.

It's great that you enjoy the game, and I do as well - but let's not give them too much credit until they earn it?

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

It doesn't make sense to me. Why wouldn't they use the last builds if they have it, unless they haven't received it? And why would Flagship Studios withhold the last build and give some older builds if the whole point was selling or handing over their goods?

Makes no sense at all.

I wasn't even thinking of who deserves credit or not, I couldn't be more indifferent which company deserves praise or not, as long as the game they're putting out is fun to play image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

It doesn't make sense to me. Why wouldn't they use the last builds if they have it, unless they haven't received it? And why would Flagship Studios withhold the last build and give some older builds if the whole point was selling or handing over their goods?

Makes no sense at all.

I wasn't even thinking of who deserves credit or not, I couldn't be more indifferent which company deserves praise or not, as long as the game they're putting out is fun to play image

You don't seem to be aware of the relationship between FSS and Hanbit :)

It was public knowledge at the time that they worked against each other. That's why it makes a lot of sense to me, that FSS would hold on to their code enhancements - if their contract allowed such a thing. Even if the contract DIDN'T allow it, it'd be a nightmare to "prove" what part was finished and owned by Hanbitsoft. Not with the actual content, but the code - as that can be extremely intangible.

I like to give credit where it's due, and the reason Hellgate is great is FSS - not Hanbitsoft. So, unless they've done something to improve the client - I don't see the point in pretending it's better than it is.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

A demon can kick an elf's butt any day!

Yeah, in a MMO he can. But elves are originally a race of lesser gods in Norse mythology, already in Tolkien are they a lot more powerful than the balanced androgynus pointy ears we see in most MMOs. MMo elves comes from D&D.

A Norse elf could be the snot out of at least a lesser demon like an imp and probably and inkubus or suckubus as well. Not an archdemon of course.

Anyways: If Hellgate is so great, why did it flop so badly last time? What have they done to improve it?

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Last time i played this it was clunky and not all that brilliant

Bosses maybe... But your generic hellspawn deservs no respect what so ever

Not entierly true... Teh trinity is almost always there and iirc there was a support class in the old game

Yeah... Diablo did/will do that better

APB is that way... Darkfall is over there and so on and so forth

• Randomized areas

Yeah... That was fun for a while.. untill you realised the limits of the map packs

Wait for Diablo 3... that WILL have real diablo loot mechanics

Elves... Perhaps not... Fairytales... Several.. just of the grittier kind... it is still knights vs evil.. just with guns.

That will be broken down in to fotm in about 7 sec (woudl take 5 if more people played the game)

Ok.. I give you that, this is a neat feature.. let's hope it holds the test of time.

APB... That way.

Not entierly shure this is always a good thing... with lag and stuff floating around.

All in all.. Give the free trial a try.. it is a old game by now but it is in all aspects a hybrid and while having several chairs does not sit on any one all that well.

This have been a good conversation

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

No Dwarves?  But.....But I always play Dwarves..   F**k this shit!!

I might still have a peek though since its open beta cake !!

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Originally posted by Wolfhammer

No Dwarves?  But.....But I always play Dwarves..   F**k this shit!!

I might still have a peek though since its open beta cake !!

I had a Dwarve wife once, but her husban came and took her back.

• Killswitch34Killswitch34 Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by Loke666

A demon can kick an elf's butt any day!

Yeah, in a MMO he can. But elves are originally a race of lesser gods in Norse mythology, already in Tolkien are they a lot more powerful than the balanced androgynus pointy ears we see in most MMOs. MMo elves comes from D&D.

A Norse elf could be the snot out of at least a lesser demon like an imp and probably and inkubus or suckubus as well. Not an archdemon of course.

Anyways: If Hellgate is so great, why did it flop so badly last time? What have they done to improve it?

It flopped because of the horrid dev team and how they charged a sub for it when it first game out.The game did not even get close to warranting a sub or any kind of money besides the box price and even with what shape the game was in, it barely warrented that. The gameplay is extremely fun IMO but there were farrr too many bugs and glitches. From what I have seen so far, most of the bugs and what not have been fixed, and I've actually been having a good time playing.

Karasu Linkshell for Final fantasy 14 now accepting all members! Just head on over to karasuls.shivtr.com and apply now! Linkshell info is on the site. :)