Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everyone should give this mmo a try

2»

Comments

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Bad pr and slow respond  to the cash shop issue is enough for me to say no to this title.

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

I'm actually liking this game very much, only lvl 8 so far though. I used to play a bit runes of magic maybe one time a week before and it was decent for a f2p game. But this game is better for me so far, hopefully it will be playable at the higher lvls too without investing too much.

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

Originally posted by Everket

I'm actually liking this game very much, only lvl 8 so far though. I used to play a bit runes of magic maybe one time a week before and it was decent for a f2p game. But this game is better for me so far, hopefully it will be playable at the higher lvls too without investing too much.

Wow, you managed to get to lvl 8 easily?  I'm assuming recently?  I started a character 5 months ago and due to that stealth nerf that halved my attack, I could barely quest on 2-3mobs at lvl 7 before healing.  That's when I gave up, for good.

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

Yup its been extremely easy too, I don't think I've lost more than 14 of my health at any point, even when fightning two mobs. I'm a brawler(warrior) btw. Killing a mob is not very slow or hard either. So so far so good I guess, although I do wish it was harder really because there has been zero chance of dying.

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

Originally posted by Everket

Yup its been extremely easy too, I don't think I've lost more than 14 of my health at any point, even when fightning two mobs. I'm a brawler(warrior) btw. Killing a mob is not very slow or hard either. So so far so good I guess, although I do wish it was harder really because there has been zero chance of dying.

okie.  Are you in Empire or League?  Cos League tend to get favoured for some reason (bag raid, wandering alchemist etc)

If you're in Empire, then things get difficult in a few levels when you go to XAE.

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by oboc

I'm really thinking of giving this game a go. I've read all the comments so far about this game being kinda CS dependent. 

I for the most part don't have a problem spending 20-50 bucks a month on a game, if fits me .

My big question here is how is the community, GM's support and in game events? 

Are there frequent updates ? Do the GM's talk to the community much, and keep us up to date? 

Thanks to anyone who replys. 

-Oboc

Thats good to hear although you wont need to spend that much a month if you know what your doing. get a stongbox if you can when you can you can sell that strongbox or the item that came from the strongbox.  I wouldnt buy a water of death until you get to the higher level.  Make sure you read the guides on builds.  The community is good and the allods has a responive support  and does keep you uptodate throgh forums and facebook. 

Edgar F Greenwood

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Incense is freely obtained through a daily quest and you can even do without incense since the stat bonus and bonus to damage and healing is permanent now, even without incense running. Charms are free to buy in the CS but has a 24 hour timer.

The only thing that really pushes you towards the cash shop is runes, and that isn't really required until end game. And required is relative, if you don't mind dying a lot you might be able to do without, though I doubt you'll be enjoing much of that end game.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

*reads posts here*

....  ... ........

*stops downloading Allods*

Originally posted by Feverfew

*reads posts here*

....  ... ........

*stops downloading Allods*

If you expected a game where you could be good at endgame without paying a dime (or spending nearly all your time farming gold and getting what you can through the auction house), then you're right in stopping the download. On the other hand, if that is what you expected, then what other games have you been playing or are you playing?

The quality of the game is quite remarkable, unfortunately it is quite pay-to-win, like so many other (if not all at some point) f2p games.

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

You can grind in isle of revalations and kirah and roll your gold.  Then head to the ah and get your crystals.  It takes a while to get to where you want your runes to be for end game, but the it is doable. This game is worth checking out. The game is really fun.  It gets really good when you enter gipat.

Edgar F Greenwood

Originally posted by huskerman34

You can grind in isle of revalations and kirah and roll your gold.  Then head to the ah and get your crystals.  It takes a while to get to where you want your runes to be for end game, but the it is doable. This game is worth checking out. The game is really fun.  It gets really good when you enter gipat.

Gipat? You mean Kirah right? Gipat sucks, no PvP at all. :(

It does take a long time getting CC's through the auction house, though some people have nothing else to do than farm gold. After enough of that you should be able to get your runes to an acceptable level, but it's going to take up a lot of your time. It is a good looking game, but if you want end game without buying from the CS you'd better have quite a bit of time on your hands.

It is a gear grind too, and next patch, new gear grind etc. there's always something better coming along. Fortunately there's no monthly fees.