Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC F2P is now open with item shop

Servers just came up 10 min ago.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard

Comments

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

I was well and truly finally done with AoC in January, but having played for so long I have to ask.

Whats in the shop ?

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Prices on some of the items is nuts. A bracer item shouldn't cost as much as a breastplate slot, or damn near it.  Loving the vanity tab.

It's getting hammered and the item shop times out and comes up with errors at times.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Originally posted by TheCrow2k

I was well and truly finally done with AoC in January, but having played for so long I have to ask.

Whats in the shop ?

Armor (Social items, PVE armor, PVP armor), Potions, Weapons (PVE and PVP), Mounts, I didn't see the camel mount yet. Travel spells, combat spells. I think there is more but that was off the top of my head.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

Originally posted by Sevenwind

Whats in the shop ?
     Armor (Social items, PVE armor, PVP armor), Potions, Weapons (PVE and PVP), Mounts, I didn't see the camel mount yet. Travel spells, combat spells. I think there is more but that was off the top of my head.

I hope it's very basic armor and weapons and the best way to get the best gear is by hard work.

I hope.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Thank the gods for comcast blast dling AOC has never been so fast :). We be in in about 39 minutes.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by Xero_Chance

Whats in the shop ?

I hope it's very basic armor and weapons and the best way to get the best gear is by hard work.

I hope.

I'll be able to let you know in a few minutes. I doubt they will have the best available stuff for sale though. I bet most of the stuff is vanity and for leveling.

• dnlllndnllln Member Posts: 2

I haven't played AoC in a long, long time. I think it just might be time to try it again.

IMO, F2P hybrid models are the way of the future. We've seen time and time again that a good F2P system can effectively save a game like with LoTRO, DDO, CO, etc.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Originally posted by Xero_Chance

Whats in the shop ?

I hope.

LOL, well it would hardly be "convenience items" if they didnt sell things they make you grind for like the Khitai mounts and Khitai Armor. Though the conundrum there is if they sell Khitai gear then there is nothing to do at 80 beyond raiding....

That said I would expect Raid armour to stay out of the shop since they want F2P people to buy access to those instances....

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

This is a great move for AoC I think wil get more of a population into the game

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Locking as a duplicate thread. Discussion still going on here: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/320018/Age-of-Conan-Unchained-Starting-TODAY.html

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.