Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BloodLine Champions

jaiceafjaiceaf Member Posts: 46

Want to give PC gamers out there looking for a skill based MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) game a bit of information about Bloodline Champions. It is an awesome game featuring Arena style gameplay with avatars equipped with  specific abilities and archetypes that make the BloodLine or "class" unique. [Tank,Healer,Melee dps, Ranged dps]. All spells and abilities are dodgeable  and avoidable and team work is a must. If you have never played a game of this genre ( Defense of the ancients, Heroes of Newerth, League of Legends, team fortress ) it is a great way to introduce yourself into the competitive E-Sport. 

Please give this game a try. This was my first venture into this sort of gameplay having never played DOTA and it introduced me into HoN, LoL and DOTA. However, I thoroguhly enjoy this gameplay style over the other mentioned games. No carries, no single class being superior to others, no increased stats via weapons,armor, accesories. Its generally balanced  and patches come very frequently in an effort to balance things further with a no "pay to win" strategy. In this game, your team is truely only as strong as your weakest link. Only vanity items (skins, weapon models,titles, profile avatars) are sold via RL money or in game "Blood Coins". 

Did I mention there are tournaments held daily in US and EU servers which are streamed online that your friends as well as other BLC (BloodLine Champions) players can watch as you lead your team victory?

The best part?? ITS FREE. There is a weekly rotation of 1 of each archetype (Tank,Healer, Melee dps, ranged dps) which are free to play. In order to buy more bloodlines to play, you either collect in game currency by playing the game, or you can buy the Champion Edition in which Most of the Bloodlines (classes) become free to use (costs 30 USD). It is a great game and well worth your 30$ if you enjoy PC gaming. Otherwise play for free in your spare time and see how you like it and save up in game currency to play the class you love the most until you WANT t buy the game to support it. I found my favorite class back in beta having never bought the game. I saved up to buy my Blood Priest at launch and bought the game afterwards to support it. Check into it.

Here is the Official Website... www.bloodlinechampions.com. 

Best Regards and Happy Gaming,

Jaice2004 (The Blood Priest.)

EDIT================================================

TL:DR BloodLine Champions is a fantastic Multiplayer E-sport game which is free to play and you should check it out if you are a fan of such games. 

www.BloodLinechampions.com

Comments

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646
    I gave this a try a few times. Unfortunately it gets boring really fast. No leveling, gear choices, skill choices, build strategies... Just pick a class and play. I wouldn't compare this to DOTA, LoL, or HON. Similar looks and unit control but that's where it ends.

LoL is also free in the same sense with earling points to unlock playable classes. Game balance isn't an issue in LoL. There is no one class that dominates everyone always. At best you could argue that maybe 10 or so of the 50 champs are under powered and often useless against decent players... That leaves 30+ others that all have a fighting chance.

I used to play HoN and hated LoL but I switched. HoN is exactly like you stated in your comparison. Carry heels that dominate every game always. You'll almost never see the magic int based spell casters able to compete end game vs a geared AGI or STR hero. In LoL you can play anything and be a major threat end game.

If Bloodlines added any sort of character development and progression I'd prob play it.

I just have no desire to play an action based chess match over and over.
  • jaiceafjaiceaf Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Painlezz

I gave this a try a few times. Unfortunately it gets boring really fast. No leveling, gear choices, skill choices, build strategies... Just pick a class and play. I wouldn't compare this to DOTA, LoL, or HON. Similar looks and unit control but that's where it ends. LoL is also free in the same sense with earling points to unlock playable classes. Game balance isn't an issue in LoL. There is no one class that dominates everyone always. At best you could argue that maybe 10 or so of the 50 champs are under powered and often useless against decent players... That leaves 30+ others that all have a fighting chance. I used to play HoN and hated LoL but I switched. HoN is exactly like you stated in your comparison. Carry heels that dominate every game always. You'll almost never see the magic int based spell casters able to compete end game vs a geared AGI or STR hero. In LoL you can play anything and be a major threat end game. If Bloodlines added any sort of character development and progression I'd prob play it. I just have no desire to play an action based chess match over and over.

The great thing about BLC is that no gear or attributes are needed for character progression. Progression is based on your skill in the form of grades (shows loosely how good you are)  and the skill of those you choose to play with. Where games like WoW, LoL, and HoN limit your progression to the hero you choose and your stat build, BLC cuts all that out and requires pure player skill. What is more "sport like" than that? RL athletes don't buy clothes that make them perform better. They get better as athletes (and us as players). 

You can carry as a supportive type archetype in BLC given you and your team are coordinated enough. Healers aren't just healers in BLC. There are many other dynamics at work than just pure healing ( Clerics in every MMORPG...I'm looking at you). There is no auto targetting, everything is aim based. Whats there not to like? No quests? Everyone is complaining about the lameness of questing these days and doing raids to get the best stuff to show who is best. Why not just kill eachother from the get go based off skill alone to show who is best? 

Jaice (The BloodPriest)

I just have no desire to play an action based chess match over and over.

How about playing a truely dynamic action based chess match over and over which is never the same as the last match you played? Sounds like a true skill based game to me. And thats what everyone is crying for right? Dynamic gameplay that changes. Well this does. Your SKILL matters, NOT YOUR GEAR.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646
    Excuse my wall of text as this site does play nice with iPad apparently.

Anyway, you keep talking about progression but there is none. That is what I don't like. Each new match you start completely over and carry nothing with you from the last. The is is tripe of DOTA style games... However you also have zero progression within the game match. You have 4 abilities to spam and move your guy around. I enjoy collecting money and buying items. It adds a lot to the game.

Some players chose to farm and push lanes to win, while others focus on ganking and pvp combat. Some play support buy helping others farm faster. That, unfortunatley, is why I can't get into Bloodlines...

I don't pvp in WoW because I think that is by far the worst example of what your talking about. In LoL each match is completely balance at the start. You aren't fighting someone who has spent the past few years farming gear to kill you.

I'm glad you enjoy it as I'm a huge fan of indie games and companies.... They just didn't make a game myself or my friends enjoy.
  • kalakujakalakuja Member Posts: 24

The most skill based arena i've played. All bloodlines are playable and there's no stupid grinding or virtual caps betweent players; Just pure skill of the players. If the thing you like in mmos is the pvp then you're gonna love blc

Originally posted by kalakuja

The most skill based arena i've played. All bloodlines are playable and there's no stupid grinding or virtual caps betweent players; Just pure skill of the players. If the thing you like in mmos is the pvp then you're gonna love blc

Excellent reply. And this is what BLC is really trying to offer. Pure skill based and balanced gameplay.

Excuse my wall of text as this site does play nice with iPad apparently. Anyway, you keep talking about progression but there is none. That is what I don't like. Each new match you start completely over and carry nothing with you from the last. The is is tripe of DOTA style games... However you also have zero progression within the game match. You have 4 abilities to spam and move your guy around. I enjoy collecting money and buying items. It adds a lot to the game. Some players chose to farm and push lanes to win, while others focus on ganking and pvp combat. Some play support buy helping others farm faster. That, unfortunatley, is why I can't get into Bloodlines... I don't pvp in WoW because I think that is by far the worst example of what your talking about. In LoL each match is completely balance at the start. You aren't fighting someone who has spent the past few years farming gear to kill you. I'm glad you enjoy it as I'm a huge fan of indie games and companies.... They just didn't make a game myself or my friends enjoy.

You misread my bit about progression. You will get better as a player, thus your gamer grade in-game will incrase,thus your BloodLine will peform better through you because you have the knowledge and ability to use to its fullest ability vs others in a real time battle arena.

The Ultimate progression is skill IMO.

• FC-FamineFC-Famine Funcom Community ManagerMember UncommonPosts: 278

I support this thread! ;)

Glen ''Famine'' Swan
    Senior Assistant Community Manager - Funcom

• cougar22cougar22 Member Posts: 1

About "Progression". Normally, in your average MMO, you are deemed to be "better" at the game when you grind more than the rest. You're higher level, better geared, and this gives you a cushion for mistakes in your play. Even if you're terrible at the game in comparison to someone who's played for half the time you have, you have room for error because you've played longer.

This is not true in BLC. Playing longer does help, but only in improving your skill as a player. The best player in the game has the same tools at his disposal as someone who started an hour ago, he is just better at using them.

There are so many people that get turned off the game because they start it, struggle to grasp the mechanics, and lose a lot. This is the nature of competitive play. You will lose a lot. Then, you will get better and you will lose slightly less. Then, you will beat those who you never could before, and that feeling is immeasurable. The feeling of being simply better than your opponent, with no excuses for losing and no gear to blame, is all the progression a player should need from a game.

If you must have some form of reward, there are grades, achievements, and cosmetics for you to get. You grade up by winning games and achieving certain ratings on the ladder. Achievements are gained by playing various gamemodes and bloodlines and give you BloodCoins as rewards, which lets you buy new cosmetic skins/weapons for your favourite bloodline.

As for repetitiveness - no match is the same as another. Every round will play differently, because players adapt. Monsters can't do that. I could just as well say that every DoTA, LoL, HoN, SC2, CS, Quake match is the same, because the mechanics and rules of the game never change. What makes matches interesting is the dynamic gameplay a competitive game can provide.

Originally posted by cougar22

About "Progression". Normally, in your average MMO, you are deemed to be "better" at the game when you grind more than the rest. You're higher level, better geared, and this gives you a cushion for mistakes in your play. Even if you're terrible at the game in comparison to someone who's played for half the time you have, you have room for error because you've played longer.

This is not true in BLC. Playing longer does help, but only in improving your skill as a player. The best player in the game has the same tools at his disposal as someone who started an hour ago, he is just better at using them.

There are so many people that get turned off the game because they start it, struggle to grasp the mechanics, and lose a lot. This is the nature of competitive play. You will lose a lot. Then, you will get better and you will lose slightly less. Then, you will beat those who you never could before, and that feeling is immeasurable. The feeling of being simply better than your opponent, with no excuses for losing and no gear to blame, is all the progression a player should need from a game.

If you must have some form of reward, there are grades, achievements, and cosmetics for you to get. You grade up by winning games and achieving certain ratings on the ladder. Achievements are gained by playing various gamemodes and bloodlines and give you BloodCoins as rewards, which lets you buy new cosmetic skins/weapons for your favourite bloodline.

As for repetitiveness - no match is the same as another. Every round will play differently, because players adapt. Monsters can't do that. I could just as well say that every DoTA, LoL, HoN, SC2, CS, Quake match is the same, because the mechanics and rules of the game never change. What makes matches interesting is the dynamic gameplay a competitive game can provide.

Excellent post. This post really demonstrates the progression factor in BLC. Your own progression. Isn't that what games are REALLY about?image