Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Hellgate install vrs. Old Hellgate

colombdawgcolombdawg Member UncommonPosts: 57

So, my question is pretty simple.  If you still own a copy of Hellgate London, do you need to download the cleint?  Or does the old CD install work for the new Hellgate.  I can see an issue with the Multiplyaer aspect as the server address is probably different, but is there any way to manually change that rather than going through the process of uninstalling then reinstalling the new Hellgate?  Anyone know this answer?

Comments

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

why would you want to uninstall the original version?, you should have the original patched with the 3rd party mods that were released making hgl play like it should have done from the outset.

If a new client is needed then just download it.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Originally posted by colombdawg

So, my question is pretty simple.  If you still own a copy of Hellgate London, do you need to download the cleint?  Or does the old CD install work for the new Hellgate.  I can see an issue with the Multiplyaer aspect as the server address is probably different, but is there any way to manually change that rather than going through the process of uninstalling then reinstalling the new Hellgate?  Anyone know this answer?

OMG is it really that much trouble? No the old CD won't work. It's a coaster now. Get with the rest of us and d/l the client here:

http://hellgate.t3fun.com/home/home.aspx