Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Joystick?

mayeseymayesey Member Posts: 17

Hi im installing the eve 14 day trial now and am looking forward to getting in the game. However something i havnt seen mentioned anywhere is what is combat like? Is it like X-wing Vs Tie Fighter style or what?

Also can i use my joystick to control my ship?

Thanks a lot in advance

Comments

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

Nope the combat and ship flying is all mouse and keyboard controlled. I dont think there is any way possible that a joystick would ever work with EVE.

• mayeseymayesey Member Posts: 17

so it isnt really twitch based combat then?

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306

It isn't a free flight simulator type of game, you have to double-left click to fly into open space but, combat can be very fast when your dealing with elite frigate combat and so on. Fighting against NPC's is toned down compared to PVP, where you can pretty much just stay in one place and fire on them if you wish. The best fighting is of course on the PVP field and requires quick reflexes and good strategies.

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

• RagewaarRagewaar Member Posts: 9

no joysticks, but a MS strategic commander is definatley money well spent when pvp-ing!::::28::

• JhughesyJhughesy Member Posts: 419
    Eve is more about strategy than flight simulator. You do still have to have fast reactions though.
  • biabia8659biabia8659 Member Posts: 1

Hey mayesey. you can try this program. It emulates your keyboard to a joystick, just asign the keys and your done. It even works on all other games that dont support a joystick. Works great, I use it on all my PC games.

http://spiderdemon007.home.comcast.net/5thmisc/jtk374en.zip

Good Luck.::::31::::::31::