Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hellgate at 8.85 Hype?

RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

Yech, first time I saw GW2 get knocked out of the number one position in a very long time.  Of course it will not last long but it's amazing that it even occured at all.

Ratero.

Comments

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Actually I wonder how it jumped all the other mmos, not only GW2 in a night...

he was not even in the top yesterday

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Possibly the hype meter was resurrected from it's original release. There was a lot of buzz about the game before it came out so may explain it

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by dinams

Actually I wonder how it jumped all the other mmos, not only GW2 in a night...

he was not even in the top yesterday

Probably because it only has about 20 or so votes.  Whereas the rest of the top ten have hundreds or thousands.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

The hype meter omn this site is essentially broken, it doesn't work for squat.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

I recall that a released F2P-game once managed to get a rating of 10.14 on this site. Since that moment I started to ignore sudden changes in the rating meters.

Originally posted by Alot

I recall that a released F2P-game once managed to get a rating of 10.14 on this site. Since that moment I started to ignore sudden changes in the rating meters.

Oh yeah, it was so awesome that 10 was not enough!

hehe broken hype gauge is broken

"It has potential"
    "It sucks"

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

I dunno and i dont care but i freakin LOVED the last closed beta they had.

Awesome game, really looking forward to playing it this weekend.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

It works fine.

"8.90

Based on 21 total votes."

There's your answer.  No worries though, as plenty of zealous game fans (most notably those from the former top three entries) are already on their way to vote this back into the pit where it came from.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

It's very easy to 'game' the hype meter, and unfortunately it happens.

• ooazraelooooazraeloo Member UncommonPosts: 94

7.22 now, and going back to where it came from it seems.

Originally posted by ooazraeloo

Yeah, after this was brought to everyones attention, alot of people likely went in and gave it 1s to "balance" it.

Originally posted by niceguy3978

Yeah, after this was brought to everyones attention, alot of Guildwars 2 fanboys likely went in howling with rage and gave it 1s to "balance" it.

Fixed that for clarification <3

Also: photoshop opportunity for Alot inside

Originally posted by DarkPony

Yeah, after this was brought to everyones attention, alot of Guildwars 2 fanboys likely went in howling with rage and gave it 1s to "balance" it.

Oh ofcourse =P

everyone knows that mmorpg.com is only inhabitated by GW2 fans and not SW:TOR's, Archeage, TERA, WH 40k DM, TSW aswell

I still like you pony hehe

"It has potential"
    "It sucks"

Just want to point out that the orange was not mine!  I don't want to have to change my address and phone numbers again...

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Where did it come from if it only had 20 'hypes'?

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Originally posted by dinams

Oh ofcourse =P

everyone knows that mmorpg.com is only inhabitated by GW2 fans and not SW:TOR's, Archeage, TERA, WH 40k DM, TSW aswell

Yes

I still like you pony hehe

*snuggles dinams *

Just want to point out that the orange was not mine!  I don't want to have to change my address and phone numbers again...

Oh dear, didn't know it was that bad, really. Did they previously drop a dynamic event on your doorstep? Maybe teleport a brick through your window? V_V

Oh dear, didn't know it was that bad, really. Did they previously drop a dynamic event on your doorstep? Maybe teleport a brick through your window? V_V

They used one of those awesome maps that teleports you to the area.  Got right past the burglar alarm.

They used one of those awesome maps that teleports you to the area.  Got right past the burglar alarm.

Tssk, tssk. Crafty buggers. You have to hand them that :)

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

dont know if there is any pvp in this game since it is hard to get any meaningfull video aside from the low leve!@#$#^#%$&

but the fact this game will be pretty much global(asia aside)means there is potential for a lot of player but i bet my 2 cent that not many not in usa know hellgate is coming back in a global format

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Originally posted by Rhonen

Yech, first time I saw GW2 get knocked out of the number one position in a very long time.  Of course it will not last long but it's amazing that it even occured at all.

Ratero.

HG was and still is one of the best games ever made so I'm not surprised. Though with it's current 6.59 rating I can assure you the meter is broken.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Originally posted by drbaltazar

dont know if there is any pvp in this game since it is hard to get any meaningfull video aside from the low leve!@#$#^#%$&

but the fact this game will be pretty much global(asia aside)means there is potential for a lot of player but i bet my 2 cent that not many not in usa know hellgate is coming back in a global format

As sure as the sun rises, there will be PVP arenas.

Wow, once the word got out how high up the hype meter this game got, it got swamped by downgraders.  I'm actually impressed at how swiftly other games fans pounced.