Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there an offline game similar with EVE Online?

lschneiflschneif Member Posts: 43

As the title. Is there such an offline game?

There're a lot of parts you can DIY.

There're many skills but when you go out you can equip only several.

You can explore plenty of random planets and also finish the quests.

You can earn money and buy skills...

Comments

• DhaemanDhaeman Member Posts: 531

Try x3 reunion - it's a very large, non-linear space RPG sim. Battles are more twitch based though.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by Dhaeman

Try x3 reunion - it's a very large, non-linear space RPG sim. Battles are more twitch based though.

That's the most recent title that follows along the open world space game.  It's always been a somewhat small genre, but I do appreciate the free nature of these games.

There should also be a Gold version that's got everything for the X3 games.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

X3 Terran Conflict is the newer one.

Brilliant games but one of those which you load up to play for an hour then realise you're still playing it 8 hours later.

Combat is nothing like in Eve, it's a more traditional FPS type rather than lock on and wait but everything else is similar from Mining to Empire building.

• ScrimMalteseScrimMaltese Member Posts: 469

It's an older game, but Escape Velocity Nova is really good.