Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steampunk

CeberationCeberation Member Posts: 21

Any good Steampunk games around?

Comments

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I remember a steampunk f2p mmo being marketed here before but I dont remember what it was called...

Um...Oh wait nvm I remember them.  Theyre called neostem and argo.  Those 2 are supposedly steampunk but i havent checked.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Final Fantasy 7.

• Castlead1z1Castlead1z1 Member UncommonPosts: 100

I think Megaten or even Allods would fit nice on the genre =)

• lucianbonnlucianbonn Member Posts: 48

Argo and Neosteam are both sub par, re skinned versions of generic MMOs. If that's what you like, though, go for it. 

Minecraft has a pretty big steampunk community, and I think there is a steampunk multiplayer server if thats what you're in to. If not, try Reamnants of Skystone, a F2P, 2D, Browser Based , Side Scrolling, action MMO with randomly generated dungeons and 3 classes I think. 

There are also hints of steampunk here and there in other games like WoW (gnomes) and WAR, but there is really no great Steampunk MMO that I know of, unfortunately. 

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

i am enjoying Argo, myself, however, when i think steampunk i think Victorian age. however, when asian manga story writers think steampunk they think alternate universe far in the future, or just, far in the future. Argo is the latter. it has 2 factions, the second being a druidic type faction.

as far as actually being steampunk, its got some elements, but not exactly what you might call a fully steampunk game.

however, again, i will add, its a fun casual game with some nice elements to it. even some steampunk ones =)

if anyone *does* find a Victorian age steampunk game please give me a shout, i'd love to try it.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

im still giving Argo a go, if you will. one char to lvl 11, a scholar, and now started a paladin. i vote fun with steampunk dressing on the side.

i just tried Neo Steam, couldn't handle it. not sure what it was, graphics, less steampunk dressing than Argo, felt like a 1990s game and looked like one too. there were players there though leveling and high level. so someone likes it =)

i really think the steampunk theme is too niche. although a studio could add a steampunk victorian style faction in some kind of RvR mmorpg. i think that's the only way we'll see a serious attempt at it.

although i would love to play one with an open world, a meaningful crafting system, and either a multiclass option or skill based character creation, and just as much mystery/puzzle/exploration as there was typical quest/grind/genocide to level.

oh and megaten told me it wasnt compatible with windows version, which is odd since i only saw one download button.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse