Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Station Access drops to $19.99 TODAY?!

xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

and subscription prices are all unified across all countries, but the big question is

Are there anyone who is going to try it?

I'm still in my 45 free days for DCUO, and sadly, I have not been able to get into an alert above level 15, now I have to grind solo instances to level up...........

My original plan was to use this to try out Everquest 2 and SWG, not SWG is out of the picture.......anyone thinks this is worth it?

Plus I still don't get Vanguard, why would one publisher developes Everquest 2 and Vanguard simultaneously? Why not just incoporate them into one awesome product?

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

Comments

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Haha sadly there is only ONE game of SOE that interests me at all, and thats Vanguard.

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Plus I still don't get Vanguard, why would one publisher developes Everquest 2 and Vanguard simultaneously? Why not just incoporate them into one awesome product?

Vanguard was developed by Sigil (R.I.P.) under Microsoft overview. Sadly Microsoft dropped the project, and SOE picked it up, forcing Sigil to release early, then after Sigils bankruptcy picking up the game.

Also, EQ2 - just eww.

Leave that out of my beloved Vanguard, please.

Thanks a lot.

• BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 247

EQ2 and Vanguard are very different games. EQ2 has changed to a much more casual game, Vanguard remains one of the most *pure* old school MMORPGs.

I think its a great deal. EQ1, EQ2, Free Realms and Planetside for $20 a month is a super. But does anyone else get the feeling SoE is really, really hurting for cash?

Originally posted by BarelyEin

[...] But does anyone else get the feeling SoE is really, really hurting for cash?

Well, they had massive bad press recently, so they are very likely not exactly profitable right now.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

EQ2 and Vanguard are very different games. EQ2 has changed to a much more casual game, Vanguard remains one of the most *pure* old school MMORPGs.

I think its a great deal. EQ1, EQ2, Free Realms and Planetside for $20 a month is a super. But does anyone else get the feeling SoE is really, really hurting for cash?

its as low as 14.99 if you pay for a year

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/news_article.vm?id=52294&month=062011

Formerly called Station Access, SOE All Access will allow you access to play many of our most popular games including: DC Universe™ Online (PC version), EverQuest® (PC and Mac versions), EverQuest II, EverQuest II Extended - Gold Membership,  EverQuest Online Adventures™ (PlayStation® 2), Pirates of the Burning Sea® - Captain's Club Membership, PlanetSide®, Star Wars Galaxies™, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes®, Free Realms® (PC and Mac versions) Membership, and Star Wars®: Clone Wars Adventures™ (PC and Mac versions) Jedi Membership.

Subscriptions to all these games are available for one low price, and the deal gets even better the longer you subscribe for!

1 Month

$19.99 per month*

3 Months

$17.99 per month*

6 Months

$16.99 per month*

12 Months

$14.99 per month*

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I don't see it as hurting for cash at all.

Station Pass increases the chance of people trying othr games. It means that players will be more likely to occasionally hop into other games to check them out or even play them for a while. For players, it means more diversity and more options for your dollar. For the existing SOE game communities, it means new blood and more populated game worlds. For SOE, it means more value to a subscription which further means higher retention.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

It's a pretty good deal, but seems like most of the games I might have ever been interested keep getting axed.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Maybe the new station access and ditching SWG before the end of the year was always in the plans, but since the hacking debacle they have to be running at a massive loss. With nothing coming in from subs they're only relying on station cash, boosters for LoN and PoxNora and client sales(base and expansions), the running costs of those MMOs have got to be killing them. I still have fears for both Vanguard and Planetside, maybe even PoBS, but we'll see what happens.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Maybe the new station access and ditching SWG before the end of the year was always in the plans, but since the hacking debacle they have to be running at a massive loss. With nothing coming in from subs they're only relying on station cash, boosters for LoN and PoxNora and client sales(base and expansions), the running costs of those MMOs have got to be killing them. I still have fears for both Vanguard and Planetside, maybe even PoBS, but we'll see what happens.

Source?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ravtecravtec Member Posts: 214

This is a good deal indeed, people from europe will probably find this deal exceptional great as we are used to pay in euro for those games.

13 euro for one game or 20$ for multiple games is a no brainer for me personaly. Where im from that ammount is the same or very close to the same ammount.

I find eq2 an ok game and it gives me the option to play eq1 casual again, vanguard aint to shabby either but with no dev it wasnt realy worth subbing to it alone.

So here is one that will deffently take that deal.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Very good deal, and i've been enjoying Vanguard very much these past couple of weeks. I might sub for this once my 45 days are up on it, and maybe check back with some of SoE's other games as well.

• evictonevicton Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Source?

They gave 45 days free for all there games in response to the attacks.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

Shame that Vanguard is the only game I'd like to play out of theirs now.  It's still sucky knowing that the money that I'd be paying might not even go straight to that team, though.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

They dropped the price because they knew they were dropping SWG, i had planned on getting it myself but mostly to play VG, SWG and EQ/EQ2 now the value isnt there and after just part of my 45 days of nostalgic mostly solo revisit to an almost empty server in EQ1 i am ready to put a fork in $OE and call it a day..

EQ1 and SWG would do well with a F2P model but $OE sucks and will just let EQ1 die as well..

Playing GW2..

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

I wouldn't care if it were 99 CENTS......they won't get a penny from me.

No source as such, just assumtion from the fact that all the games are free at the moment. So take that statement with a very large grain of salt.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

the fact that all the games are free at the moment.

What?!

Tell me your secrets!

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Originally posted by dageeza
    They dropped the price because they knew they were dropping SWG, i had planned on getting it myself but mostly to play VG, SWG and EQ/EQ2 now the value isnt there and after just part of my 45 days of nostalgic mostly solo revisit to an almost empty server in EQ1 i am ready to put a fork in $OE and call it a day..
    EQ1 and SWG would do well with a F2P model but $OE sucks and will just let EQ1 die as well..

I'm not raising the SoE banner here but I really doubt they'd let EverQuest or EverQuest 2 die, if it did occur it would probably herald the death of SoE itself as the IP is so inextricably linked to the company.
  • xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by uohaloran

the fact that all the games are free at the moment.

What?!

Tell me your secrets!

They gave out 45 free days to all previous subscribers.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

They would have to pay me 19.99 a month to play those games unfortunately.  I enjoyed some time in EQ2, but that is about it.  Sorry, I think VG is overrated (don't kill me, I know everyone on this site loves the game!).  IF they actually release Planetside Next in the next decade, this deal might be worth it.