Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fantasy Multiplayer for Xbox?

CernanCernan Member UncommonPosts: 360

I mostly play on the PC, but one of my friends is looking for a multiplayer fantasy game on the Xbox.  Do any good ones exist?  My xbox is mostly used for watching Netflix these days.  In her words:  "tell me some good multi player games with magic, creatures, and stuff"  I don't think I can convince her to play pc games.  So any advice for offerings on the xbox 360?

Thanks

Comments

• dknight784dknight784 Member Posts: 44

Final Fantasy 11.

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226

I'm not sure if it's multiplayer on xbox live, but Torchlight has all that.

• CernanCernan Member UncommonPosts: 360

Torchlight on the pc isn't mutliplayer so I doubt it is on the xbox, but that is probably a good starter game for her.  I think FFXI would be a bit too much for her.  That and PSO are the only ones I can think of atm.  She's in her mid 20s but mostly new to gaming.  I don't want to scare her off.

• dknight784dknight784 Member Posts: 44

Torchlight is on Xbox ,but does it have to be an MMO type of game? Or maybe you two would prefer something like 2-4 players?

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

The console lacks good multiplayer fantasy rpgs. Dragon Age is probably the closes but yet again, it is single player.

• SeanSPSSeanSPS Member Posts: 37

What about that new co-op game, "Hunted: The Demon's Forge" ?

It got a lot of mixed reviews though

Thanks, hadn't heard of that one.  She liked Fable.  I'll have her go check out Hunted.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

I wouldn't recommend Hunted I didn't really like it too much. This weekend i might be picking up Dungeon Siege 3 because it's multiplayer and i can play it with my fiance or without her. I'll let you know how it is once I get my hands on it. It's on PS3 and 360

• SeanSPSSeanSPS Member Posts: 37

Yeah I thought of DS3 too, but the problem I heard with that is that the co-op is really badly done... the second player doesn't get anything, just sort of helps out. (Rather like the co-op in Fable 2 actually.)

Oh and co-op is fine.  She just wants to be able to play with friends in a fantasy setting.

• KatodyKatody Member Posts: 30

I just played the demo and I LOVED IT! I'm looking for something my hubby and I can play. Hunted sounds great. Torchlight does too. I hope in DS3 the other player doesn't really just "help out". You can give/share them armor too, yes?

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

Sacred II was a pretty fun game on the 360. Me and a friend got about 40 hours of gameplay out of it before it started to get boring.

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

Originally posted by Forgrimm

Sacred II was a pretty fun game on the 360. Me and a friend got about 40 hours of gameplay out of it before it started to get boring.

Yeah scared 2 is a great and amzing game to play the only downside to playing it on xbox 360 is  there is not many poeple that play it and plus i heard it is  alot better on teh computer

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• elfinn3elfinn3 Member Posts: 1
    There are a couple xbox arcade games that came out last summer. Dungeon Defenders is a good co-op game with a mix of fps and tower defense, but fantasy style. Lots of RPG elements. Also, Crimson Alliance is a good one. Both are around $20 to download. Many fun nights were had with these games!
  • MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183
    If shes anything like my wife then she would love the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games. I've only ever played local co-op though and its SciFi Fantasy not High Fantasy or whatever traditional Fantasy is called.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath