Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Pay Type:Free" - but is it really?

munecaroonmunecaroon Member Posts: 88

Today T3Fun did announce an upcoming change to Hellgate Global's business plan as well as what regions will be IP blocked in the upcoming launch/OBT: Hellgate Global's Ticket System and Country Restrictions

In a nutshell:

• Asian regions including Singapore will be locked out.

• Players who want to play Hellgate Global past Act 2 have to unlock it with a ticket from the cash shop.

• This ticket is supposed to be a one-time deal that works for 1 account (6 characters).

• It unlocks Act 3-5, Stonehenge, The Abyss and The 2nd Attack.

• Hellgate: Tokyo is not yet included. Speculation goes that another ticket will be required for any future content.

Here we have it.

The biggest criticism towards T3Fun is the very late announcement. We're 3 days away from OBT launch.

And of course the now very limited F2P content:

Act 1 & 2 is roughly good for character level 1-15 only (up to and incl. Charing Cross Station).

Act 3 (Temple Station, renamed to Southwark Station) through Act 5 used to be part of the core game.

And now it'll be "extra" content, speaking from a F2P perspective.

Some people are feeling "flagshipped" once more.

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Just like not all FPS games are in first person, F2P is simply an outdated acronym. Most of the games still are free to play, you just have to pay to advance/progress.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

I just have my to drop my two cents to comment:

"Nothing in the world is free" and "if its to good to be true, it usually is".

Seriously, people do this for a living, for that they need to make money.

And if it aint worth your money, it probably aint worth your time either.

So basicly I'm more shocked that someone are shocked that they wont get a full feature MMO for free.

Free2play usually means a game with a few features that make it a pain2play in the long run if you dont throw some cash in the bin.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Sounds to me like they should just go B2P , however it seems to be basicly the same thing only you get to try before you buy so to speak..

If the ticket is reasonable and the cash shop if there is one fair than i dont really have a problem with it..

Playing GW2..

• darthlightdarthlight Member Posts: 10

I don't understand why T3 when to this ticketing model (basically a F2P trial) while their korean counterpart went to the normal F2P with cash shop. They're already going to recieve money from the cash shop, why do they also need to restrict content as well.

• aikatearsaikatears Member UncommonPosts: 33

I wouldn't worry about it, once the drop off is enough that they making less then they should be making due to the system they make it where the cash shop is the main thing. Nexon i think had to do that with the token system which is now gone forever.

what I am waiting for is to see how much one ticket will be if its lower like 5 and down maybe just maybe it be ok for them higher and what I have seen on their forum due to how late they put the ticket system out will be nothing to what might happen...can't wait to see :)

• Blackfire1Blackfire1 Member UncommonPosts: 116

Your kinda late to the ball.  But yep. Its now officially a demo.

They pulled a bait and twitch. That pissed everyone off.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I actually wouldn't have minded them charging for stuff like Stonehenge, they Abyss, etc. But for the core game? No way I'll be paying for that (again).

Funny thing is, I very well may have ended up buying a few things in the cash shop, if for no other reason than to support a fun game. Now they're most likely not going to get ANY money from me. Their loss.

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Had a bunch of buddies I've been dragging in with me to the open beta. I paid the original Hellgate: London and liked it, so it's refreshing to go back. Now that they landed the bomb, all my buddies bailed out and honestly, I don't feel like even bothering with the game either.

I don't feel like dropping a single dime to that game anymore, since it's pretty clear the Hellgate is going to have same fate as HGL - which is kinda shame.

And yeah, I don't like the way they abused the "Free 2 play" slogan there. It's more like a trial, not F2P.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

How poor can you people get? You get a taste of the game and pay four bucks for the rest of it then you dont have to pay a CENT to enjoy the game at all.  Cheers, sorry four dollars is too much for your moms credit card.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL