Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Sony Introduces All Access Gaming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has announced a new program that will replace Station Access. Called "All Access Gaming", the new program features a single price depending on how much game time is purchased. The AAG can then be used in any game that SOE currently has in its stable of games.

Sign up for SOE All Access today (http://www.soe.com/gamepass/)! To find out more about SOE All Access check out the F.A.Q (http://www.soe.com/allaccess/faq.vm). and our pricing comparison at www.soe.com/allaccess.

Current Station Access customers will automatically be transferred to the SOE All Access game pass. Your monthly rate will be reduced to the new rate, effective the next time you are billed.

*Prices for U.S. customers. International prices may vary by region.

Read more on the SOE Facebook page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

Cause we want to make it easier for hackers...

• SchockeySchockey Member UncommonPosts: 58

Oh boy! Remind what games they have again? lol

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

they have starwars galaxy (no wait maybe not)eq1 prob other less known title!

• SerenexSerenex Member UncommonPosts: 126

Wow, EQ, EQII, Vanguard, Freerealms, DCUO, POBS, Planetside, and Clone Wars?

All for 19.99 a month?

or 14.99, with the year?

Is sony getting desperate?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Serenex

Wow, EQ, EQII, Vanguard, Freerealms, DCUO, POBS, Planetside, and Clone Wars?

All for 19.99 a month?

or 14.99, with the year?

Is sony getting desperate?

It's only a few dollars cheaper than station pass was already. It makes sense with SWG closing down, to lower the price a little.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SerenexSerenex Member UncommonPosts: 126

honestly, i'd pay for the Vanguard, EQII, Planetside, and DCUO, sounds like a good deal to me. (but i dont trust sony anymore shhh)

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

wow, nice

• AsgrimAsgrim Member UncommonPosts: 92

I like the way "All Access" doesn't include DCUO or Free Realms on the PS3.

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Does'nt sound like too bad a deal if you like these games but theres not much there that really interests me . I'm guessing you'd have to buy the clients seperatly ? ( apart from the free2play games that is )

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

If they had a single game i'd be interested in playing at this time it would have been a good deal. Unfortunately the decent ones i've already played out and the rest are crap.

• fcazaresfcazares Member Posts: 190

Well, all I can say is Im not suprised at SOE's continued decline. I hope thats not too much because the last time I critcized them i got called a troll. Back when DCUO came out and everyone was like "oooh new shiney,"  we saw how long that lasted. SOE would have to do something amazingly impressive to ever get me to sub a game with them again.

RIP SWG

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Originally posted by Dionysus187

Originally posted by fcazares

Well, all I can say is Im not suprised at SOE's continued decline. I hope thats not too much because the last time I critcized them i got called a troll. Back when DCUO came out and everyone was like "oooh new shiney,"  we saw how long that lasted. SOE would have to do something amazingly impressive to ever get me to sub a game with them again.

RIP SWG

{mod edit}

Massively: Which platform -- PC or PS3 -- houses the majority of DCUO's players?

Mark Anderson: It's generally too close to say. Traditionally, we lean a little on the side of the PS3, but the difference is pretty marginal.   LINK

@OP

This pricing makes a lot of sense and should have been something done a long time ago.  The station pass isn't exactly filled with strong completition.   Next they should address that old and unsupported games that still require $15 a month to play.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Well i like VG,eq2,never played dcuo but from wot i,ve seen it works out at £13.99 a month for me for the lot..hey i,m a brit,we got no money we are too busy bombing everyone with our freinds overseas,i,ll take any bargain.i,m sold.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

If they could launch one more half decent game this could be a great deal but as of right now, they only have one game on their list I would be interested in playing.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Dionysus187Dionysus187 Member Posts: 302

Originally posted by fcazares

RIP SWG

More people play PS3 than PC so the PC centric here see a biased view. Not only that PC players took the ill advised and possibly less informed route of trying to play with a mouse and keyboard rather than a controller for which the game was primarily designed for. BTW the initial burst and typical leveling off of customers after release != 'continued decline'

DCUO is definitely turning a profit with a development staff on the payroll or they would just some last token update and run it on maintenance mode like they did with Vanguard, which most certainly is not what is happening to DCUO right now.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

Access to what? They really only have low population titles anymore.  It's like getting a Time/Life Best of the 50s cd set.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

If SWG wasnt going, id have seriously considered this now, but soon as thats off their books they have very little to offer of worth. The good titles they did have (VG and Planetside) they have already let rot long ago unofrtunately and are in a sorry state these days.

If they keep this up when Planetside Next releases, then its something I will rethink, that would justify it in my eyes.

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

I'd have to think that after giving up all of customers' information to hackers only a few weeks ago, "All Access" was probably not the best name to go with.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

If they made some kind of SWT classic server I'd sign up.  But we all know that won't happen.  Still isn't a bad deal if you play some of the SOE games, only one I login every long now and then is FR anymore.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Originally posted by Dionysus187

DCUO is definitely turning a profit with a development staff on the payroll or they would just some last token update and run it on maintenance mode like they did with Vanguard, which most certainly is not what is happening to DCUO right now.

You mean like how patches are getting smaller and smaller and further and further apart?  How game breaking exploits, console freezes and bugs go unfixed for months and months?  How neither PC of PS3 can manage to get just 1 medium server during primetime hours?  How the game is merging from 26 down to 4 servers?

Would those be some good indications that DCU is struggling only 5 months after release?

The price cutting strategy makes sense.  The entire station pass line is filled with aging undersupported games that have better alternatives elsewhere. 

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Sony won't get a Dime of me. Ever again.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261
    I like the idea, i wish all game developers would use that concept!
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

With SWG ending in dec., im not interested in it. Vanguard barely gets updates anymore and EQ2 isnt that interesting for me anymore. And Im also not interested in DCUO.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

if SOE had any games that were worth playing.. it would be different.. but all they have is a bunch of ageing games that havent been looked after that well..  and the only really new game they have added is DCUO.. not exactly sparkling selection of games.. unless they really do start adding some decent games to their 'online catalogue' then all i see is SOE's continued limping into obscurity.. image

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

Can't trust Sony? The people that "hacked" them hacked a ton of other companies. Like Sony, they're usually not the targets of those kind of attacks and never had to worry about security that something like a bank or paypal would have. But now they do. Sorry, but no one is impressed that you aren't buying stuff from Sony anymore.